[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7 : it's Here !

Post by DarkyBenji »

Keirii wrote: Ah! Okay, thank you! Is there any way to force nighttime/daytime or is it random? I'm noticing daytime far more than any other time of day in the gardens.
it change when you leave/enter a garden (not chao world)
but it also depent how long you stay in the garden

don't forget that there a code called "Fruits Never Disappear" and this is sadly not compatible with Chao world Time/weather (he make the game stuck to day)
i say that because maybe you enable it too
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Keirii
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Keirii »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Keirii wrote: Ah! Okay, thank you! Is there any way to force nighttime/daytime or is it random? I'm noticing daytime far more than any other time of day in the gardens.
it change when you leave/enter a garden (not chao world)
but it also depent how long you stay in the garden

don't forget that there a code called "Fruits Never Disappear" and this is sadly not compatible with Chao world Time/weather (he make the game stuck to day)
i say that because maybe you enable it too
Ah, yup that's the problem. I have that code enabled. Thanks for the help!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I've noticed that Chao World Extended is somewhat incompatible with the Trial Sonic mod, that gives Sonic back is normal shoes, doesn't work sometimes.
Everything is fine when it works. Example
When it doesn't work however, all of the textures get jumbled. Example
For instance, among many other things, Sonic's eye texture is inside his eyes.

Actually, when configured a certain way in the mod loader, Chao World Extended and Trial Sonic both work fine.
But I disabled the Sonic mod to play boss battles, since the game crashes with the Sonic model (I was told it's because doesn't have a mouth).

When I re-enable it, Sonic's textures get ruined/misplaced.

Also, is there a way to use the Dreamcast textures without changing any other aspect of the game? I don't really like having the music play in different places
than the GameCube version. Or the level start sound.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Post by Sim_Chao »

I still keep crashing when entering the chao garden in the evening or night, I have the "Fruits never Disappear" disabled, but still poop!

DebugConsole=True
Mod1=ChaoWorldExtended
Mod2=ChaoStatMultiplierX10
Code1=Chao World Extended (Must be enabled)
Code2=(Advanced Mode) Lucky Chao
Code3=(Advanced Mode) Chao Karate have Medal
Code4=(Advanced Mode) Chaos and Characters Chao are like Normal Chao (glitchy)
Code5=(Advanced Mode) Medal Chao can make Jewel Chao
Code6=(Advanced Mode) Mixing Colors
Code7=(Advanced Mode) Normal Chao can make Color Chao
Code8=(Easy Mode) Powerful Chaos Drive
Code9=(Controller Only) Use D-Pad for change Items in BlackMarket
Code10=(Other) SADX Chao Alignment
Code11=(Detail) Better Chao Personality
Code12=(Detail) Chao World Time/Weather Change
Code13=(Detail) More and Random Chao Face
Code14=(Detail) More chao Animation
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

chaoadventures wrote:I've noticed that Chao World Extended is somewhat incompatible with the Trial Sonic mod, that gives Sonic back is normal shoes, doesn't work sometimes.
Everything is fine when it works. Example
When it doesn't work however, all of the textures get jumbled. Example
For instance, among many other things, Sonic's eye texture is inside his eyes.

Actually, when configured a certain way in the mod loader, Chao World Extended and Trial Sonic both work fine.
But I disabled the Sonic mod to play boss battles, since the game crashes with the Sonic model (I was told it's because doesn't have a mouth).

When I re-enable it, Sonic's textures get ruined/misplaced.

Also, is there a way to use the Dreamcast textures without changing any other aspect of the game? I don't really like having the music play in different places
than the GameCube version. Or the level start sound.
remove the ADX folder in mods\ChaoWorldExtended\Dreamcast\gd_PC to not get music play in different places

also for Sonic trial mod, be sure this mod is AFTER Chao world extended in the modloader list (use the arrow on the right to move it)

that should work
Sim_Chao wrote:I still keep crashing when entering the chao garden in the evening or night, I have the "Fruits never Disappear" disabled, but still poop!

DebugConsole=True
Mod1=ChaoWorldExtended
Mod2=ChaoStatMultiplierX10
Code1=Chao World Extended (Must be enabled)
Code2=(Advanced Mode) Lucky Chao
Code3=(Advanced Mode) Chao Karate have Medal
Code4=(Advanced Mode) Chaos and Characters Chao are like Normal Chao (glitchy)
Code5=(Advanced Mode) Medal Chao can make Jewel Chao
Code6=(Advanced Mode) Mixing Colors
Code7=(Advanced Mode) Normal Chao can make Color Chao
Code8=(Easy Mode) Powerful Chaos Drive
Code9=(Controller Only) Use D-Pad for change Items in BlackMarket
Code10=(Other) SADX Chao Alignment
Code11=(Detail) Better Chao Personality
Code12=(Detail) Chao World Time/Weather Change
Code13=(Detail) More and Random Chao Face
Code14=(Detail) More chao Animation
check in mods\ChaoWorldExtended\gd_PC\PRS if you have all the textures file of weather/time
and all the bin file

if you have everything but still got crash, disable Chao World Time/Weather Change
then go to chao world and save
enable Chao World Time/Weather again
that will reset the time and maybe load the texture file correctly
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sim_Chao »

Crash on Chao World startup, still.

UPDATE: Nvm, Console was making it act up.

UPDATE 2: Maybe, you need to activate that code first before anything else after. Other than Chao World Extended.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

DarkyBenji wrote:remove the ADX folder in mods\ChaoWorldExtended\Dreamcast\gd_PC to not get music play in different places

also for Sonic trial mod, be sure this mod is AFTER Chao world extended in the modloader list (use the arrow on the right to move it)

that should work
It worked! Thank you!

- - -
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sim_Chao »

You know, this may actually be a GeForce Driver issue, rather than an install issue. nvd3dum.dll is failing on me from time to time. I don't know how to fix the issue, a clean install might fix it. But then again, my OS might not be compatible with SA2B. Heck, it's Windows 10, it was more stable on Windows 7. :surprise: OOH! That must be it, it's both! My OS and GPU Drivers are causing the game to crash at unexpected times. Any fixes for both issues, I mean, where do I start?

I use Windows 10 Pro, running on Intel Core i5 Processor, with Graphics powered by an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. Most recent Error log involving sonic2app.exe:

Faulting application name: sonic2App.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x50601ae8
Faulting module name: nvd3dum.dll, version: 10.18.13.6143, time stamp: 0x56716b48
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x005ce9a4
Faulting process id: 0x28f4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d14bd016f49c7c
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\sonic2App.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\nvd3dum.dll
Report Id: d092d753-e79b-484c-8c38-f7b51c817cd3
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

UPDATE: Another factor might be how up-to-date your Direct X 9.0c Drivers are. If there's even one pickle out of place or short a byte, it could affect the stability of the game.
Doc Melonhead
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Doc Melonhead »

Sim_Chao wrote:You know, this may actually be a GeForce Driver issue, rather than an install issue. nvd3dum.dll is failing on me from time to time. I don't know how to fix the issue, a clean install might fix it. But then again, my OS might not be compatible with SA2B. Heck, it's Windows 10, it was more stable on Windows 7. :surprise: OOH! That must be it, it's both! My OS and GPU Drivers are causing the game to crash at unexpected times. Any fixes for both issues, I mean, where do I start?

I use Windows 10 Pro, running on Intel Core i5 Processor, with Graphics powered by an Nvidia GeForce GTX 960. Most recent Error log involving sonic2app.exe:
Run the game with the Integrated Graphic Processor instead.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Sim_Chao »

Doc Melonhead wrote:
Sim_Chao wrote:You know, this may actually be a GeForce Driver issue, rather than an install issue. nvd3dum.dll is failing on me from time to time. I don't know how to fix the issue, a clean install might fix it. But then again, my OS might not be compatible with SA2B. Heck, it's Windows 10, it was more stable on Windows 7. :surprise: OOH! That must be it, it's both! My OS and GPU Drivers are causing the game to crash at unexpected times. Any fixes for both issues, I mean, where do I start?

Run the game with the Integrated Graphic Processor instead.
Why? I just installed my Graphic Tablet. Besides, Sega PC titles are always faulty, it's hit-or-miss whether it wants to run or not.

UPDATE: After running the No "Battle" Mod, the 50/50 crash became no more.

UPDATE 2: I have a request for a Hero Garden Retexture. For all the Skyrim fans, can you make a Sovngarde Garden in place of the Hero Garden?
Chapon93
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Chapon93 »

Hello! I found out about your mod recently and was excited to use it with my copy of SA2 on steam. :chaohappy:

At first I was having a lot of crashing with anything Chao World related (entering Chao World, entering the garden, leaving the garden, entering the kindergarten, leaving the kindergarten, etc.), but I think it was caused from also using a separate face mod you had as after I removed it the crashing stopped.

However there's still some crashing outside of the garden, and I think the ability to drop Chao and items outside of the gardens might be the reason. Is there a way I could disable or remove that feature? :thinking:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Chapon93 wrote:Hello! I found out about your mod recently and was excited to use it with my copy of SA2 on steam. :chaohappy:

At first I was having a lot of crashing with anything Chao World related (entering Chao World, entering the garden, leaving the garden, entering the kindergarten, leaving the kindergarten, etc.), but I think it was caused from also using a separate face mod you had as after I removed it the crashing stopped.

However there's still some crashing outside of the garden, and I think the ability to drop Chao and items outside of the gardens might be the reason. Is there a way I could disable or remove that feature? :thinking:
sadly no, and i don't thinks that's this problem
little question, did you enable console in modloader ? because that give a high chance to crash with console on, for some computer
Chapon93
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Chapon93 »

DarkyBenji wrote:sadly no, and i don't thinks that's this problem
little question, did you enable console in modloader ? because that give a high chance to crash with console on, for some computer
Yeah I have console enabled.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Chapon93 wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:sadly no, and i don't thinks that's this problem
Yeah I have console enabled.
disable the console, and test to see if you still crash or not
kahethesabercat
Egg
Egg

Post by kahethesabercat »

bit of a dumb question, ive been following your project for awhile but just got sadx and sab2 for my pc via steam, i really like the mod so far, but i was curious about the other chao gardens. you have screenshots of multiple AMAZING looking ones. i was curious if there was a way we could get ahold of those or if your going to eventually release them?
and sorry about the stupid questions. literally just signed up. :thinking:
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

bcsulli46
Egg
Egg

Post by bcsulli46 »

I've never used mods before. New to the whole PC gaming thing. But I'm not dumb, I figured out how to get the files in the right place and check the boxes of the codes and mods I want (or need) to use. I didn't see a change. So I fuggured I needed to click the little button that said "Install Loader." Don't know if that's right, but I did it. That crashes the game before it even boots.
So I'm doing something wrong. Anyone wanna help a noob.

Either I'm looking in the wrong place, :no:

Or maybe it's because I don't have the Battle DLC (It cost extra and I'm frugal) :thinking:
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

While I don't know the problem, you definitely don't need the Battle DLC. Just so you don't buy even if you don't actually want it.
And your steps seem correct.

- - -
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

bcsulli46 wrote:I've never used mods before. New to the whole PC gaming thing. But I'm not dumb, I figured out how to get the files in the right place and check the boxes of the codes and mods I want (or need) to use. I didn't see a change. So I fuggured I needed to click the little button that said "Install Loader." Don't know if that's right, but I did it. That crashes the game before it even boots.

Or maybe it's because I don't have the Battle DLC (It cost extra and I'm frugal) :thinking:
did you enabled console ? because some computer need console enabled to not crash (like CGB)
if you enabled the console but you still crash, try again without the console enabled, maybe the console crash your game (like me, sometime)

if you still crash, disable console and try to launch the game with different resolution (try fullscreen mode for example)
bcsulli46
Egg
Egg

Post by bcsulli46 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
bcsulli46 wrote:I've never used mods before. New to the whole PC gaming thing. But I'm not dumb, I figured out how to get the files in the right place and check the boxes of the codes and mods I want (or need) to use. I didn't see a change. So I fuggured I needed to click the little button that said "Install Loader." Don't know if that's right, but I did it. That crashes the game before it even boots.

did you enabled console ? because some computer need console enabled to not crash (like CGB)
if you enabled the console but you still crash, try again without the console enabled, maybe the console crash your game (like me, sometime)

if you still crash, disable console and try to launch the game with different resolution (try fullscreen mode for example)

Thanks for the suggestion. It didn't work.

I tried with and without "console" checked. I tried changing the resolution, and that did nothing. I actually messed around with it a little too much and somehow corrupted the actual game file--it stopped working all together. I fixed that problem, but at this point I think I'll just give up. It's not worth it.

Thank you for you help, though. :chaohappy:
CecilPalmer
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by CecilPalmer »

Im having issues starting up with this mod. I clicked install loader then "Save & Play"
Asked me if I wanted to launch sonic2app and I said yes
And then.. nothing. I tried again, nothing.
Since I clicked install loader can I just open it from steam? :darkcry:
CecilPalmer
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by CecilPalmer »

CecilPalmer wrote:Im having issues starting up with this mod. I clicked install loader then "Save & Play"
So I got it to work but now I keep getting this
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cz9djbkeuons ... 8.png?dl=0
And then the game just kinda freezes?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

CecilPalmer wrote:
CecilPalmer wrote:Im having issues starting up with this mod. I clicked install loader then "Save & Play"
disable console and try again, this should work
CecilPalmer
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by CecilPalmer »

DarkyBenji wrote:
CecilPalmer wrote:
disable console and try again, this should work
Disable what console? I dont understand.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

CecilPalmer wrote:Disable what console? I dont understand.