[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.1 : Chao can talk to Chao !

Post by DarkyBenji »

MsXBlackRose wrote:It worked :)!! but when I click on codes, I dont have nearly as much codes as you do in the picture. how can I fix this? (sorry if the english is bad, i'm dutch)
are you using the mod loader i put in V7.1 ? because if you use a older mod loader, you don't have access to all the codes

update modloader by replacing
SA2ModManager.exe
SA2ModManager.exe.config
SA2ModManager.pdb

and SA2ModLoader.dll (this one is in mods folder)
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Sonic4997v3
Egg
Egg

Post by Sonic4997v3 »

First time poster, been lurking for years. Just wanted to say how thankful I am for this mod.
Breathes new life into the Chao World. I await patiently the Chao World extended version for SADX.
Thank you so much!
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Post by Sim_Chao »

For the next update involving C2C (chao-to-chao) interaction, I'd like to take this to a vote. If there's a way to display what they are saying, should it display words in somewhere on-screen, or do we use speech bubbles with generic icons, like in the Sims? Words or pictures? Which would be more feasible?

This because I want to know what they're talking about, I can't imagine what they talk about.
chao guy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chao guy »

Image this is what my chao looks like when the code is on or off and hd tectures don't work either. :darkno: but i would be fine with it if i didn't make every thing a big deal.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

chao guy wrote:Image this is what my chao looks like when the code is on or off and hd tectures don't work either. :darkno: but i would be fine with it if i didn't make every thing a big deal.
the screenshot don't work :heroblink:
and what code you're talking about ? mixing color ?

also what mods you enable ? because if HD texture don't work, it mean that there another chao skin mod you enabled
the game will probably not read hd texture
chao guy
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by chao guy »

DarkyBenji wrote:
chao guy wrote:Image this is what my chao looks like when the code is on or off and hd tectures don't work either. :darkno: but i would be fine with it if i didn't make every thing a big deal.
the screenshot don't work :heroblink:
and what code you're talking about ? mixing color ?

also what mods you enable ? because if HD texture don't work, it mean that there another chao skin mod you enabled
the game will probably not read hd texture
I was talking about color mixing and hd
Metal Z Gaming
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.1 : Chao Interaction!

Post by Metal Z Gaming »

Just curious, are there an plans of adding in the Playground :thinking: ? if I asked too much... then sorry :herocry:
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Metal Z Gaming wrote:Just curious, are there an plans of adding in the Playground :thinking: ? if I asked too much... then sorry :herocry:
If possible, then of course! We don't know if its possible or not yet because model editing programs for sa2b are needed and we need to see how or if the Playground actually works and is editable enough.
catromantic
Egg
Egg

Post by catromantic »

Any possibility that one could use the infinite ring mod with this? (I'm new to modding in general, so I might be missing something.. CWE works fine though, and it's amazing!) :herosway:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

catromantic wrote:Any possibility that one could use the infinite ring mod with this? (I'm new to modding in general, so I might be missing something.. CWE works fine though, and it's amazing!) :herosway:
there chao fusion editor for edit the number of rings you have
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by arkhamtheknight1 »

It's a shame that the first game didn't have as much Chao stuff as this game as I would of loved to see what could be added to SA to improve it for the Chao Gardens. Like the Lemon or other fruit added to it. I haven't seen anything like that in SA or Chao actions on sites but would still be cool if they were there.
:sway: Sweet Sweet, You're So Sweet - Amy's Theme
Hyperion505
Egg
Egg

Post by Hyperion505 »

Question,

I copied everything i was supposed to into my SA2 folder with modloader and everything, yet I still have no access to the original modloader codes except "all stages appear in stage select" and "disable music".

Anything i can do to get both the Chao World Extended codes along with the original modloader codes?
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Hyperion505 wrote:Question,

I copied everything i was supposed to into my SA2 folder with modloader and everything, yet I still have no access to the original modloader codes except "all stages appear in stage select" and "disable music".

Anything i can do to get both the Chao World Extended codes along with the original modloader codes?
Chao World Extended should come with those codes anyway, just keep looking in your mod loader with Chao World Extended's codes on and you should find them.
Hyperion505
Egg
Egg

Post by Hyperion505 »

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:
Hyperion505 wrote:Question,

Chao World Extended should come with those codes anyway, just keep looking in your mod loader with Chao World Extended's codes on and you should find them.
Still nothing, even on the front page of this where it shows the window of codes, just has all chao world extended codes, nothing like "always A rank" or "infinite rings" thats the problem i'm running into. even tried to redo everything to no avail.
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Copy all of the code in the Codes.xml you wish to use with the mod via notepad/notepad++ (recommended). Then paste it in Chao World Extended's xml shown below.
Spoiler:
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

https://mega.nz/#!4sN2hSLa It has all the codes that you need.
Key is !87vUaYh1DhwTTZwJYd_-0Ka5ge857IdrtD986jq6fUo
:herosway:
Hyperion505
Egg
Egg

Post by Hyperion505 »

arkhamtheknight1 wrote: https://mega.nz/#!4sN2hSLa It has all the codes that you need.
Key is !87vUaYh1DhwTTZwJYd_-0Ka5ge857IdrtD986jq6fUo
:herosway:
A great thank you to you both! The codes.xml you linked me to worked perfectly! I did try to combine them before posting here but my ineptitude in xml and coding ended that in failure. but I'm glad the two of you were such a great help!
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

https://mega.nz/#!4sN2hSLa It has all the codes that you need.
i didn't know people actually need those kind of code, :blink:
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

I don't think most people need the codes, I was unsure if they would work at all with it but glad that they do. At least people have 2 versions now for if they want the Extra Codes or not. :herosway:
Chapon93
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Chapon93 »

I decided to upgrade to the new 7.1 version from version 7 but the game's gone back to crashing. Either when entering Chao World, entering the garden, entering the kindergarten, etc. Sometimes it crashes and sometimes it doesn't, but it always does at some point. I'd like to fix this as it severely decreases my enjoyment of the mod. Although good to note is the talking chao and weather system works when the game is up.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Chapon93 wrote:I decided to upgrade to the new 7.1 version from version 7 but the game's gone back to crashing. Either when entering Chao World, entering the garden, entering the kindergarten, etc. Sometimes it crashes and sometimes it doesn't, but it always does at some point. I'd like to fix this as it severely decreases my enjoyment of the mod. Although good to note is the talking chao and weather system works when the game is up.
did you update the mod correctly ? what mod/code did you enable ?

be sure you update :
- all the file of ChaoWorldExtended folder (delete the old folder, put the new folder v7.1, if you have custom save on it (old lobby save), be sure to save them somewhere before delete the old ChaoWorldExtended folder)

- Codes.xml (you should have ChaoWorldExtended.xml too in the new ChaoWorldExtended folder)

- SA2ModLoader.dll (SA2 mod loader need a update too)
- SA2ModManager.exe
- SA2ModManager.exe.config
- SA2ModManager.pdb

and if you have console enabled, disable it, console can make the game crash in chao world sometime :blink:
arkhamtheknight1
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

I wish we could change the Chao Drawings they do, you would think that after all those classes, the chao could do some better drawings or different pictures. Half of them are characters from the 1st game and most look really bad. It's a shame that SEGA didn't do new drawings for it when it was put into HD. They could of done it where if the Chao has done all classes then the Chao draws really good images.
Sonic4997v3
Egg
Egg

Post by Sonic4997v3 »

The reason while the chao drawings are so simple is because they have the mentality of a 3 year old human child. I do however think the idea of being able to change their drawings is a great idea. :surprise:
Nordlys
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Nordlys »

May I give a couple of suggestions?

Random eye colours for chao (a hero chao can have blue eyes of dark chao and vise versa). Not linked in the garden they are in.
and regardless this one "Remove mean Eye for Hero Chao"
I would like also this: 'Dark chao haven't necessarily mean eyes', I mean, if a chao is born with normal open eyes, and become dark, his eyes remain full open (or half closed etc, just like neutral and hero chao)
Example http://orig06.deviantart.net/6b65/f/200 ... taller.jpg
Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
(Vlad Țepeș)
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Nordlys wrote:May I give a couple of suggestions?

Random eye colours for chao (a hero chao can have blue eyes of dark chao and vise versa). Not linked in the garden they are in.
and regardless this one "Remove mean Eye for Hero Chao"
I would like also this: 'Dark chao haven't necessarily mean eyes', I mean, if a chao is born with normal open eyes, and become dark, his eyes remain full open (or half closed etc, just like neutral and hero chao)
Example http://orig06.deviantart.net/6b65/f/200 ... taller.jpg
i made the code for changing eye color linked to garden because the player can atleast choose what eye color he want to put in his chao
if i made it random, then there's not choose, your chao just have blue eye for unknow reason :blink:

for the code "Dark chao haven't necessarily mean eyes", that's a nice idea, but the game really force the chao have mean eye, even in chao editor if you take a look, once the chao (let's say with closed up eye) become dark, the eye value become "closed up" to "mean" unlike chaos chao

i know i made dark chaos chao with mean eye
i can make ALL dark chao remove mean eye

but for make a code like, some dark chao have mean eye, some dark chao don't have mean eye, it's gonna be hard to do it (unless i do the same way like eye color code)