[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Nordlys
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.1 : Chao Interaction!

Post by Nordlys »

OK, so you can give a try with both codes for the moment. I wish to have dark chao with normal eyes etc...

Thank you
Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
(Vlad Țepeș)
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

A new version is coming !
Chao world extended v7.2

Fixed:
- sonic2app.exe fix now the bright chao glitch, which is now possible to have shiny twotone
Image Image

Updated:
- more animation code : chao can climb tree and now make sound when they talk !

- 2p player : ennemy can now spawn chaos drive and animal

-Camera code have been updated, you can now move the same up and down than just right and left

What is added

Added :
code : Buster Race v2 : all buster chao are now updated and become stronger than before
you can see them evolve depending the level you select (1-5)

Code : Playlist Garden Music : allow you to load 10 random custom musics per garden
adx encoder and player will be release with it so you can make your own custom music file

Mod : New challenge race : Add a new challenge for you chao in chao race, this challenge compared to other, have special feature, new bot and of course, more difficulty, each race have a special prize, i will say more information about this mod in the release

Mod : Better chao transporter :
Chao transporter will now do other stuff than just "good bye"
i actually add a option "move", so you can now move your chao between save (thx to multisave code)

and that's all !
Release date : 02/04/2016 (d/m/y) with Garden pack this time !
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.2 : Coming soon!

Post by LimitCrown »

Awesome! The Bright Chao glitch has finally been fixed! I also look forward to the Better Chao Transporter mod and the Chao animation updates.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.2 : it's here !

Post by DarkyBenji »

LimitCrown wrote:Awesome! The Bright Chao glitch has finally been fixed! I also look forward to the Better Chao Transporter mod and the Chao animation updates.
indeed i finally found it :blink: took me time but i did it

and here's the download link : https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=6 ... 204C%21320

for user who already use the older version :

1) remove just the old ChaoWorldExtended folder in the mods folder

2) extract the new ChaoWorldExtended folder in mods folder

do the same with codes.xml and codes.dat

3) done !

hehehehehe
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.2 : Shiny Twotone!

Post by LimitCrown »

Haha. It was a bit odd that the mod pack update was released early during this day.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.2 : Shiny Twotone!

Post by DarkyBenji »

LimitCrown wrote:Haha. It was a bit odd that the mod pack update was released early during this day.
yeah i could done better, but oh well, i tried :darkblink:
kiracookie
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by kiracookie »

Do you think perhaps you could add a spoiler tag and what edits you made to your post when you edit the main one? I like to know what's changed with each edit. :darkhappy:
LimitCrown
Chao Expert
Chao Expert

Post by LimitCrown »

I recently realized that because you can lock the camera with one of the codes in the mod pack and you can place on the ground the Chao in the Lobby and Kindergarten, I may be able to take pictures of the Shiny Jewel Chao that are of a higher quality than the ones that I currently have.
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

I was using a previous version (v6.something) and it worked perfectly. I updated to this version last night and it caused SA2 to crash; specifically "sonic2App.exe has stopped working". I thought I had messed something up so I uninstalled SA2 and reinstalled it. Then I downloaded the Chao World files again and started over. The same thing happened. If I click "uninstall loader" on the Mod Manager and launch SA2, it loads as normal. I have no idea what's going on. This didn't happen with the last version and I'm out of ideas on how to fix this. :chaocry:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

BlazeFox wrote:I was using a previous version (v6.something) and it worked perfectly. I updated to this version last night and it caused SA2 to crash; specifically "sonic2App.exe has stopped working". I thought I had messed something up so I uninstalled SA2 and reinstalled it. Then I downloaded the Chao World files again and started over. The same thing happened. If I click "uninstall loader" on the Mod Manager and launch SA2, it loads as normal. I have no idea what's going on. This didn't happen with the last version and I'm out of ideas on how to fix this. :chaocry:
when do it crash ? what mod/code did you enable ? do you use the lastest version of SA2modloader (like the one in 7.1) ? do you have "console" enabled ?
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

DarkyBenji wrote:when do it crash ? what mod/code did you enable ? do you use the lastest version of SA2modloader (like the one in 7.1) ? do you have "console" enabled ?
It crashes after the presented by sega and the sonic team logo load, during the part where the omochao pops up.
Mods are: chao world extended, daynight cycle, hd chao texture, alternative chao mouth.
Codes are: chao world extended, lucky chao, chao karate have medal, chaos and characters chao are like normal chao, medal chao can make jewel chao, mixing colors, normal chao can make color chao, bully chao, more sick chao, powerful chaos drive, enable ALT character, enable GC special breeds effect, zoom camera (controller), used d-pad for change items in black market, random alignment for chao bot in chao race, better chao personality, ai evolution, doctor chao give more information, more and random chao face, more chao animation, win jewel chao in jewel race, light edit for time/weather.

The SA2 mod manager says it's version 7.1 and console is not enabled. Should it be?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

BlazeFox wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:when do it crash ? what mod/code did you enable ? do you use the lastest version of SA2modloader (like the one in 7.1) ? do you have "console" enabled ?
It crashes after the presented by sega and the sonic team logo load, during the part where the omochao pops up.
Mods are: chao world extended, daynight cycle, hd chao texture, alternative chao mouth.
Codes are: chao world extended, lucky chao, chao karate have medal, chaos and characters chao are like normal chao, medal chao can make jewel chao, mixing colors, normal chao can make color chao, bully chao, more sick chao, powerful chaos drive, enable ALT character, enable GC special breeds effect, zoom camera (controller), used d-pad for change items in black market, random alignment for chao bot in chao race, better chao personality, ai evolution, doctor chao give more information, more and random chao face, more chao animation, win jewel chao in jewel race, light edit for time/weather.

The SA2 mod manager says it's version 7.1 and console is not enabled. Should it be?
no

try without hd chao texture
if you still crash, try again with the default sonic2app.exe (don't use sonic2app.exe of chao world extended)
if you don't have the default sonic2app.exe anymore : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3un4lqty0nng ... d.exe?dl=0 (rename sonic2app_d.exe to sonic2app.exe)

and i ask the version of mod loader, not chao world extended
if have the option here

you have the lastest version of SA2modmanager
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

DarkyBenji wrote:
no

try without hd chao texture
if you still crash, try again with the default sonic2app.exe (don't use sonic2app.exe of chao world extended)
if you don't have the default sonic2app.exe anymore : https://www.dropbox.com/s/z3un4lqty0nng ... d.exe?dl=0 (rename sonic2app_d.exe to sonic2app.exe)

and i ask the version of mod loader, not chao world extended
if have the option here

you have the lastest version of SA2modmanager
I tried without hd chao texture and it still crashed. I tried with the default sonic2app.exe you linked and it also crashed. Yes, I do have the options shown.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

BlazeFox wrote:
I tried without hd chao texture and it still crashed. I tried with the default sonic2app.exe you linked and it also crashed. Yes, I do have the options shown.

hm... do you crash on fullscreen mode ? :blink:

do you still crash with No Battle mod enabled ? (your Battle DLC will be not removed/disabled, it just for some people that crash in 2battle intro)

did you try with a different mod other than chao world extended to see if you didn't crash ?

aaaaaand i guess i say everything
if you only crash with chao world extended mod enabled (not even 2 codes) then i can't help you anymore, sorry
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

DarkyBenji wrote:
hm... do you crash on fullscreen mode ? :blink:

do you still crash with No Battle mod enabled ? (your Battle DLC will be not removed/disabled, it just for some people that crash in 2battle intro)

did you try with a different mod other than chao world extended to see if you didn't crash ?

aaaaaand i guess i say everything
if you only crash with chao world extended mod enabled (not even 2 codes) then i can't help you anymore, sorry
It also crashes on fullscreen mode. I tried with no battle mod enabled and it still crashed. I tried with only chao world extended mod and it's code enabled. Still crashed.

I understand.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

BlazeFox wrote: It also crashes on fullscreen mode. I tried with no battle mod enabled and it still crashed. I tried with only chao world extended mod and it's code enabled. Still crashed.

I understand.
i actually have ONE more question

when you updated SA2modmanager

did you update all the file like :
SA2ModManager.exe
SA2ModManager.exe.config
SA2ModManager.pdb
and SA2ModLoader.dll ?
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

DarkyBenji wrote: i actually have ONE more question

when you updated SA2modmanager

did you update all the file like :
SA2ModManager.exe
SA2ModManager.exe.config
SA2ModManager.pdb
and SA2ModLoader.dll ?
Yes I did. I copied all files from the v7.1 folder I downloaded and pasted them all in the Sonic Adventure 2 folder.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

BlazeFox wrote: Yes I did. I copied all files from the v7.1 folder I downloaded and pasted them all in the Sonic Adventure 2 folder.
that's really weird, cause v7.1 work better than other version for some people :blink:
did you try without steam overlay ? i doubt that would fix it, but i saw in SA2 steam forum that disable steam overlay fix the crash of SA2 after sega/sonicteam logo for some player, so... you should try
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

DarkyBenji wrote: that's really weird, cause v7.1 work better than other version for some people :blink:
did you try without steam overlay ? i doubt that would fix it, but i saw in SA2 steam forum that disable steam overlay fix the crash of SA2 after sega/sonicteam logo for some player, so... you should try
That didn't work either. Thank you for all of your time trying to help me.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

BlazeFox wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote: that's really weird, cause v7.1 work better than other version for some people :blink:
That didn't work either. Thank you for all of your time trying to help me.
welp i tried, maybe in the next version you're not gonna have problem
Leaddy
Egg
Egg
Motto: Chao chao real smooth

Post by Leaddy »

Hey! Just a quick question. I have the codes "Normal Chao can make colour chao" and "Mixing Colours" enabled, and yet when two of my normal chao mated [A Dark Power/fly-swim and a Hero Fly/Swim], the baby still ended up as normal colours. Does this only apply for certain evolutions like in your example [Dark/run/run making red chao, etc]? Or do one of the parents need to be a colour chao? Thanks!

[codes enabled:
Spoiler:
]
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Leaddy wrote:Hey! Just a quick question. I have the codes "Normal Chao can make colour chao" and "Mixing Colours" enabled, and yet when two of my normal chao mated [A Dark Power/fly-swim and a Hero Fly/Swim], the baby still ended up as normal colours. Does this only apply for certain evolutions like in your example [Dark/run/run making red chao, etc]? Or do one of the parents need to be a colour chao? Thanks!
Normal Chao can make colour chao is a code that's very hard to use it kinda, your chao have to atleast 100% Dark Power/fly or swim (not both, it don't work)
Leaddy
Egg
Egg
Motto: Chao chao real smooth

Post by Leaddy »

DarkyBenji wrote: Normal Chao can make colour chao is a code that's very hard to use it kinda, your chao have to atleast 100% Dark Power/fly or swim (not both, it don't work)
Ahhh, that's what I assumed [because I do remember it working sometimes and not other times], thanks! :herocool:
arkhamtheknight
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by arkhamtheknight »

It seems like we have an almost complete game now compared to the original. If only we could figure out how to do better Chao Collision as the current way sucks. Even if you are trying to grab your chao or stand close enough, it will knock the chao flying as if it was the players fault. Stupid game saying it was my fault when I didn't do anything. :darkblah:
arkhamtheknight
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by arkhamtheknight »

Also you said the items like Hero/Dark rattle was added to it. Was it with the 7.1 or some other way added to it?