Well, after many years of working alone, I have finally gotten assistance! Ma bois, Exant and Mindacos, decided to help me work on the next update, and Buster has been working on a special pack.
It's finally here:
Chao World Extended v8
Click the image for the trailer video!
The very first version to contain auto-update, a DLL file, and all-new items for Chao Garden!
Chao World Extended Main Code:
- Fixed Hero Garden spawn locations for DC Gardens
- Fixed Chao getting stuck while swimming
- Any Chao can be angry (like Dark Chao)
- Chaos Drive can be reused anytime without doing the glitch
The Fruits have been rebalanced!
- Garden Fruits: 40% Stamina (50% if the hard mode code "Hunger is Difficult" is enabled)
- Strong Fruit: 60% Stamina
- Tasty Fruit: still gives 30% Stamina but now also gives 60% Luck
- Hero/Dark Fruit: 50% Stamina and still edits the alignment
- Round/Square/Triangle Fruit: unchanged (80% Stamina)
- Smart Fruit: 30% Stamina and 320% Intel
- GBA Fruits: give double of what they gave before
- Mushroom: 240% Stamina
- Mushroom Alt: 320% Stamina
- Mint Candy: 200% to Swim, Fly, Run, and Power, but 50% to Stamina
Chaos Chao and Character Chao are like normal Chao:
- The code has been completely redone — Chao have the correct type for their evolution, don't become glitchy after the transporter is used, and their animal parts show everywhere in Chao World
Medal Chao can make Jewel Chao:
- Challenge Medal will no longer give Texture or Jewel Chao
- Diamond Medal will now give any Jewel/Texture Chao randomly
- Pearl Medal will now only give Pearl Chao
- The Gradual Evolution Cap is now 1.5 instead of 2 when your Chao's stat exceeds 2000
- The Gradual Evolution Cap is now 2 when your Chao's stat exceeds 3000
- New type of Monster Evolution with the help of Stamina!
- The Magnitude Cap is now 1.8 instead of 1.2 if the Chao's Stamina stat exceeds 2000
- The Magnitude Cap will be 2.4 instead of 1.2 if the Chao's Stamina stat exceeds 3000
- Unlike Monster Gradual Evolution, Monster Stamina Evolution will not make normal Chao transparent
Use Pacifier to Force Reincarnation:
- No longer requires 50 happiness
- Now counts as a real reincarnation
- Divides your Chao's stats by 20 instead of 10
- Lowers a Chao's grade by 2 levels in order to upgrade Intel and Luck grades; the grade that is lowered matches your Chao's first evolution. For example, reincarnating a Swim Chao that has an S in Swim will reduce its Swim grade from S to B, BUT it will give +5 to Intel and Luck grades. If the grade is lower than S, the Luck and Intel grade increases go as follows:
+4 to Intel and Luck if the grade was A
+3 to Intel and Luck if the grade was B
+2 to Intel and Luck if the grade was C
+1 to Intel and Luck if the grade was D
+1 to Intel and Luck if the grade was E
NOTE: If the Chao is a Chaos or Character Chao, its grades will not be downgraded, and it will gain +2 to both its Intel grade and its Luck grade.
Bully Chao (requires the code "Chao Animation"):
- Bully Chao will only target Chao that are doing nothing
- A Chao requires the Kindness personality in order to defend against bullies
- The Bully Chao's bully value will drop to 0 after the attack, so it won't attack again after that
Chao Can Drown:
- Made it less harsh... again, LMAO
Hunger is Difficult:
- While this code is on, Garden fruit gives an upgraded 50% Stamina
- While this code is on, baby Chao grow up faster
More Chao Sickness:
- While this code is on, a sick Chao only needs to have 80% of its stat progress bar filled to gain a level-up
- Never gives the best possible stat increase if a Chao levels up from this code
Stronger Chaos Drives:
- Chaos Drives used with this code active no longer give a lot of luck
Reincarnation Requires 20 Happiness:
- This code was previously named "Chao Never Die", but has been remade to have the Chao require only 20 happiness to reincarnate. Additionally, while the code is on, Chao will grow up a little more slowly
- You will no longer see the Chao Counter display for a split second when entering Chao World
Use D-Pad to Change Items in Black Market:
- Made the Black Market reroll its items after the D-Pad has been pressed; to prevent abuse, there is a limit to the amount of rerolls
- Added new items to the list
Disable Animal Parts (ALL):
- Animal parts no longer display on Chao, meaning you don't have to exit and re-enter the garden to remove recently-gained parts anymore
Jewel and Beginner Race Become 8P Party Race: code updated by Mindacos
- All 8 Chao now display on the UI during the race
- You can no longer boost during the race
This code was previously called Better Personality but has been renamed due to a major update:
- The effect of personalities is multiplied by 4, making the personalities drastically different for each Chao
- With this code on, distinct personalities appear more often, among which newfound ones such as Kindness, Solitude, Vitality, Regain, Charm, and Fickle
Chao Doctor Gives More Information: with the help of CGBuster!
- Redid the text for the Chao Doctor since more data has been found and added
More Chao Animations:
- Changes Chao animation speed depending on the personality (Energetic and Carefree)
- Changes Chao animation speed for receiving animals/Chaos Drives depending on the personality (Skillful)
- Fixed the crash that sometimes happened after a Chao used a toy
- Increases the real Anger value when the Chao does bad/annoyed animation
- Increases the Bully value when the Chao does an angry animation
More Chao Actions:
- Increases/Decreases the chance of the Chao talking to others depending on the personality (Chatty)
More Chao Sounds:
- Adjusted the volume of all added SFX
Newer Challenge Race:
- Edited the Rings given on each race to balance this mod against other challenge mods
- Ultimate Medal no longer gives more chances to pass down S grades when breeding
Phew! That's a lot of changes. Now let's move onto the NEW stuff!
Inside the Main Chao World Extended DLL:
- Added a new category of items: Lens boxes! Lens boxes allow you to customize your Chao's eyes with 5 different eye colors, any of the 3 alignment-specific eyes, and 3 special sets of eyes. A default Lens box exists in case you ever wish to reset your Chao's eyes back to their original appearance
Added new items: Hyper Fruits!
These Fruits are rare and can be only found in the Black Market without using the D-Pad code. They are powerful and can be used to upgrade a stat's grade as long as that grade is an S. As an example, if your Chao has a Swim grade of S, giving it the Hyper Swim Fruit will grant it a new and more powerful grade. That grade is...
The X Grade: more powerful than S Grade
It's the X grade! Unlike other grades, it is temporary, and only one stat at a time can be at a grade of X. The X-graded stat has a massively-boosted stat cap until the Chao reincarnates, after which the grade reverts to S. Note that since the stat cap is what is affected, it is wise to upgrade the S to an X before the respective stat is at Lvl 99
New way to increase your grades
Tired of making your Chao reincarnate over and over to increase its grades? No worries — the Chao Doctor will help you boost your Chao's grades. This requires rings, and the stat must be at Lvl 99!
Your Chao's grades can only be upgraded 3 times per life — from E to A — and the higher the grade, the more rings are required:
E > D = 10 000 rings
D > C = 20 000 rings
C > B = 30 000 rings
B > A = 40 000 rings
...And we're not done yet!
Added another new item: the Shiny Fruit!
With the Brightfix mod made by Exant (included in CWE), using the Shiny Fruit allows you to change any of your Bright Chao into a true Shiny Two-tone Chao!
New Animals! ...or are they?
Exant has brought us more content for CWE: SADX Animals!
SADX Animals are obtained differently from SA2 animals. They are somehow interested in those GBA fruits around your gardens: if you buy GBA fruits from the Black Market and leave them in the garden, a SADX animal may appear!
NOTE: each GBA fruit gives a different kind of SADX animal
NEW AND MORE Shiny JEWEL Two-tones! by Mindacos
At long last, all mixed Chao colors will have their own unique Shiny Jewel Two-tone!
If you already own one, this update may change your Chao's appearance
Create NEW Shiny Jewel Monotone:
Oh, heavens — MORE Chao to create! When this code is on, all newborn Chao that are Shiny Jewel Monotone will have a unique look that is basically a mix of Texture/Jewel Chao with Shiny color on it!
A revamp for the Piano and Organs
Exant redid these toys to make them functional as true toys!
They also no longer replace seed-planting locations
That's all for the MAIN CWE part, BUT there are also some new codes!
More Chao Expressions:
- Added more facial expressions to Chao, and a Chao's expression may change depending on its current action
DC Wings: by Exant
- Jewel/Texture and Color now infect the wings like they do in SA2DC
Chaos Chao Keep Eyes Upon Reincarnation:
- Allows your Chao to keep Chaos Chao eyes when they reincarnate with the pacifier code
Eye Colors for Newborn Chao:
- Lenses are not the only way to get Chao with custom eye colors! With this code on, your newborn Chao have a chance to be born with different eye colors! Note that this only applies to eye color: you cannot get alignment eyes or special eyes this way
Newborn Chao Have Varying Shades of Color:
- If this code is on, buying multiple Chao of the same color from the Black Market can give you different results: for example, you may buy 2 pink eggs and each one hatches with a different shade of pink, making them unique!
Remove Dark Chao's Mean Eyes Override:
- The title says it all: evolving your Chao into the Dark alignment no longer forces it to have mean eyes, allowing your Dark Chao to keep its previous eyes. It's weird at first, but you get used to it
But wait.. there's mooooore~
Separate downloads that complement CWE. These packs will help you enjoy additional Chao World content together with CWE!
Buster Expansion Pack
A new pack for CWE which contains all challenge mods made by CGBuster! Enjoy the new races and a brand-new Karate mod with a lot of challengers waiting for you!
- Added new garden textures and updated them for CWE v8
- Updated the garden textures
NOTE: "Eye Colors" will not work if a lobby's Chao skin code is on
And that's it! Finally done!
Thank you all for supporting Chao World Extended since 2014. It's been a pleasure to get to know all of you. Sadly, I've given all I have for now — I will not continue any futher. Version 8 will be the last Chao World Extended release version coming from me. The SA2 modding community is growing now, but I've reached my limit and am moving on. Of course, this doesn't mean Chao World Extended will never get updated again: I'll give my project to modders I trust so that they can continue to develop future versions of Chao World Extended.
Here's my Special Thanks list:
Download Link: Available September 6th 2019
Thank you for reading, and take care!