[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
CatTreats
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: Face Issue? :(

Post by CatTreats »

Hi, DarkyBenji. First off, thanks so much for the time and effort you've put into this amazing mod collection. I downloaded SA2 off Steam just because of it, and it's been a blast! :chaohappy:

A couple of question: Is there a way to influence the faces that come from bred Chao? I really prefer the happy eyed, no mouth face on most of my Chao. I have a few that I breed, and it seems like no matter who I'm breeding, I almost always get babies with evil eyes and/or the grin mouth. None of the parents have those traits, though! And, despite both parents having happy eyes, I can't get a single offspring to have that face. I don't remember it being so difficult. Is my luck that terrible, or is there a mod that's affecting it? :chaocry:

The other thing that I've noticed with breeding is that some pairs produce two-toned offspring significantly more than others. I'm using my original Chao and a mono-tone Chao from the Black Market. None of them having a family tree above that. But some pairs will give me a two-toned egg 90% of the time, and others will almost never give them to me. Again, is there an issue with a mod? Just like the faces, I don't remember ever having this much trouble breeding traits down. :blink:

Some examples (sorry if it's confusing to read):
TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT White Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth = 50% MT White, 50% TT Normal (never saw TT White) ; 90% Grin Mouth, 10% ^ Mouth ; 90% Sleepy Eyes, 10% Evil Eyes
Different TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT White Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth = 50% MT White, 50% TT Normal (never saw TT White) ; 75% Grin Mouth, 15% ^ Mouth, 5% No Mouth ; 100% Normal Eyes
TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT Lime Green Chao with Normal Eyes/No Mouth = 90% TT Lime Green, 10% MT Lime Green (never saw TT Normal) ; 50% Grin Mouth, 50% No Mouth ; 75% Normal Eyes, 25% Evil Eyes
Different TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT Lime Green Chao with Normal Eyes/No Mouth = 75% MT Lime Green; 25% TT Lime Green (never saw TT Normal) ; 90% Grin Mouth, 10% ^ Mouth ; 90% Evil Eyes, 10% Normal Eyes

NONE of my Chao have Sleepy Eyes or Evil Eyes. NONE of them have a Grin Mouth or ^ Mouth. They're all either Happy Eyes or Normal Eyes and no mouth. Yet, almost all offspring are getting Grin Mouth or ^ Mouth. And none thus far have happy eyes. :chaocry:

Thanks! Keep up the amazing work! :wink:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v6.6a : a Better Chao Sy

Post by DarkyBenji »

CatTreats wrote:Hi, DarkyBenji. First off, thanks so much for the time and effort you've put into this amazing mod collection. I downloaded SA2 off Steam just because of it, and it's been a blast! :chaohappy:

A couple of question: Is there a way to influence the faces that come from bred Chao? I really prefer the happy eyed, no mouth face on most of my Chao. I have a few that I breed, and it seems like no matter who I'm breeding, I almost always get babies with evil eyes and/or the grin mouth. None of the parents have those traits, though! And, despite both parents having happy eyes, I can't get a single offspring to have that face. I don't remember it being so difficult. Is my luck that terrible, or is there a mod that's affecting it? :chaocry:

The other thing that I've noticed with breeding is that some pairs produce two-toned offspring significantly more than others. I'm using my original Chao and a mono-tone Chao from the Black Market. None of them having a family tree above that. But some pairs will give me a two-toned egg 90% of the time, and others will almost never give them to me. Again, is there an issue with a mod? Just like the faces, I don't remember ever having this much trouble breeding traits down. :blink:

Some examples (sorry if it's confusing to read):
TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT White Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth = 50% MT White, 50% TT Normal (never saw TT White) ; 90% Grin Mouth, 10% ^ Mouth ; 90% Sleepy Eyes, 10% Evil Eyes
Different TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT White Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth = 50% MT White, 50% TT Normal (never saw TT White) ; 75% Grin Mouth, 15% ^ Mouth, 5% No Mouth ; 100% Normal Eyes
TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT Lime Green Chao with Normal Eyes/No Mouth = 90% TT Lime Green, 10% MT Lime Green (never saw TT Normal) ; 50% Grin Mouth, 50% No Mouth ; 75% Normal Eyes, 25% Evil Eyes
Different TT Normal Chao with Happy Eyes/No Mouth + MT Lime Green Chao with Normal Eyes/No Mouth = 75% MT Lime Green; 25% TT Lime Green (never saw TT Normal) ; 90% Grin Mouth, 10% ^ Mouth ; 90% Evil Eyes, 10% Normal Eyes

NONE of my Chao have Sleepy Eyes or Evil Eyes. NONE of them have a Grin Mouth or ^ Mouth. They're all either Happy Eyes or Normal Eyes and no mouth. Yet, almost all offspring are getting Grin Mouth or ^ Mouth. And none thus far have happy eyes. :chaocry:

Thanks! Keep up the amazing work! :wink:
you just don't have luck with chao face

what code of the mod do you use ?
some code edit the "DNA" chao like jewel medal make jewel chao so if you mate your normal that have a jewel medal (aqua for example) with a monotone chao you will get a aqua jewel chao because of the medal, you can fix by disable the code OR make your chao win and get back the beginner medal that disable jewel DNA

there a code called "normal chao make color chao" too that make baby chao with the color of the 2nd normal chao
like dark blue chao if you mate a sonic chao with another chao

or mixing color... that mix chao color with another color like... normal color sonic chao + purple chao = dark purple chao color

btw take note that TT white look like TT chao normal, for know if it's a TT white, make the baby dark, if he's black & white, it's a TT white, if black & red, it's a TT normal
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Corbra
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Corbra »

Hey, first of all, I would like to say a big thank you for this mod. I mainly got it for jewel chao and character chao (only installed it today).

I was messing about with removing the level limits and how to make my chao mega evolve but I can't seem to do it. all stats are 2k+ some even at 4k, and it is turned on. Ive attached a screenshot at the bottom of this.

Also, I have 2 questions, how much faster does time go in speed up mode? Trying to get my chao to age up fast so I can get a chaos chao. Second question is, how do you make egg chao? I got a little confused when it said " possible to have full egg chao by giving the egg hats to a chao egg texture " Ive tried giving an egg shell to an egg (silly I know) ive tried giving an egg to a chao with an egg shell, I just got a bit confused.

Anyway, I look forward to any updates to come (If there are) and if now, thank you for a great mod.

DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Corbra wrote:Hey, first of all, I would like to say a big thank you for this mod. I mainly got it for jewel chao and character chao (only installed it today).

I was messing about with removing the level limits and how to make my chao mega evolve but I can't seem to do it. all stats are 2k+ some even at 4k, and it is turned on. Ive attached a screenshot at the bottom of this.

Also, I have 2 questions, how much faster does time go in speed up mode? Trying to get my chao to age up fast so I can get a chaos chao. Second question is, how do you make egg chao? I got a little confused when it said " possible to have full egg chao by giving the egg hats to a chao egg texture " Ive tried giving an egg shell to an egg (silly I know) ive tried giving an egg to a chao with an egg shell, I just got a bit confused.

Anyway, I look forward to any updates to come (If there are) and if now, thank you for a great mod.
for mega evo, it's hard to make it work, but you have to be sure that his 2nd evolution type is fully complet to make it work,
ex : for get a mega hero swim/fly, you need atleast more than 2000 points on fly and the hero must be a complet hero/swim/fly

the fast mode is 4x faster than the normal mode
about egg chao, someone take a picture about it,

you need the code "medal make jewel chao" to get a egg baby chao texture with the challenge medal (more info in the first post)
CatTreats
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by CatTreats »

Thanks for your reply, DarkyBenji. My luck continued to be bad, so I ended up using the FusionEditor to just get the faces I needed.

I have one more question: Do you have to have a controller to use the code that allows you to play as the alternate characters (like Tikal)? I tried pressing Q and E (which represent L and R respectively), but it never worked. I'm assuming I need a controller, but just want to verify. Thanks!
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

CatTreats wrote:Thanks for your reply, DarkyBenji. My luck continued to be bad, so I ended up using the FusionEditor to just get the faces I needed.

I have one more question: Do you have to have a controller to use the code that allows you to play as the alternate characters (like Tikal)? I tried pressing Q and E (which represent L and R respectively), but it never worked. I'm assuming I need a controller, but just want to verify. Thanks!
i tried and that work fine for me even with only Q or E
you have press it and HOLD it after pick a character and during the loading screen
CatTreats
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by CatTreats »

DarkyBenji wrote:
CatTreats wrote:Thanks for your reply, DarkyBenji. My luck continued to be bad, so I ended up using the FusionEditor to just get the faces I needed.

i tried and that work fine for me even with only Q or E
you have press it and HOLD it after pick a character and during the loading screen
Hmmm, I have tried with Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, and Rouge. I've tried holding just Q, then just E, then both.
I'm also not able to get the zoom/unzoom (for screenshots) to work. It just seems like my keyboard controls aren't triggering the codes.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

A new Update is coming ! Chao World Extended v6.8

this update contain new codes, mods updated and fix alot of problems

Update/fix :
Mods :
Chao world extended :
-there animal and chao box in 2p player mode now, so you can collect animal during the online/local battle, the chao key only work if the code "2p chao world" is enable
-the object placement of dark garden have been a little updated
-chao can climb the wall of hero garden /mountain of chao garden

Lobby Save :
-now the chao tails, amy and knux have different skin for each lobby saves

-mystuff glitch is now fixed

Codes
- the stats graphic glitch when you drop the chao in kindergarten the take to the doctor is now fixed
- you can't spawn outside the lobby anymore

2 Players chao world have been updated !
> all the level work, get the chao key will take both player to chao world (and disable time limit)
> the player 2 can pick up and drop chao without hurt the chao
> for acces to chao world now you have the chao key or go pick the random level (the square that say level 1,2,3,4)
> the levels of "level 1" are different (only for run mode), try them !
> fix the character that appear in the chao race/karate screen
> you can't fall "forever" after exit the dark garden

New :
Detail Code : More Chao animation : this code add more animation to the chao (aka, "beta/unused" animation) and change some reaction to certain chao
this code actually add ~60 animation + some new action like :
> Cry with Anger
> get mad after trip
> fly whenever he want (more chance to fly if he's stuck)
> difficult to swim
> can have dream
> talk with other chao (sadly the other one will not answer...)
> say hi differently than other chao
> 50% to sniff the fruit before eat
> run away
> bored
> shy
> don't want to be pet
> and more ! try to find out yourself

Advanced Code : Garden Change chao eye : this code will change the chao eye depend where he live
example : if a chao type neut live in dark garden, he will got dark eye so you pretty much have a chao neut with dark eye
or a dark chao with neut eye if you put a dark in the chao garden
(actually dark with hero eye look cool)

Race Code : Buster Race : a request to CGB to add this code in Chao world extended because he say "if they can't beat my chao, they can't beat your challenge" and actually i'm agree

so yeah i'm sure you're gonna say "wait what ? your challenge ?"
well yes i'm actually making a code called "New challenge race" so hope your will be ready because this is gonna be harder than challenge race, but if you win, the price will be amazing
i didn't finish... but i will make also a code that refuse cheat chao to play this mode (it's gonna be hide somewhere...)

that's all for today ! the release date of the Update : 14/07/2015 (d/m/y)

i will see you soon !
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v6.8 : New Animation !

Post by DarkyBenji »

Keirii
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Keirii »

Hi everyone! I'm having a problem with this mod and it's really bothering me. I have a neutral-power chao with the half-closed eyes and Sqiggly mouth, and I enabled the better personality mod. He loves me and has been well taken care of, but instead of reincarnating i get the grey cocoon every time. :herocry: I have no idea why, I even installed fusions to bring his happiness up and still getting the grey cocoon. This doesn't happen to any other of my chao. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :herosway:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Keirii wrote:Hi everyone! I'm having a problem with this mod and it's really bothering me. I have a neutral-power chao with the half-closed eyes and Sqiggly mouth, and I enabled the better personality mod. He loves me and has been well taken care of, but instead of reincarnating i get the grey cocoon every time. :herocry: I have no idea why, I even installed fusions to bring his happiness up and still getting the grey cocoon. This doesn't happen to any other of my chao. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :herosway:
did you check if your chao is sick ? you install dreamcast cocon ?
his happiness must be more than 50
Keirii
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Keirii »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Keirii wrote:Hi everyone! I'm having a problem with this mod and it's really bothering me. I have a neutral-power chao with the half-closed eyes and Sqiggly mouth, and I enabled the better personality mod. He loves me and has been well taken care of, but instead of reincarnating i get the grey cocoon every time. :herocry: I have no idea why, I even installed fusions to bring his happiness up and still getting the grey cocoon. This doesn't happen to any other of my chao. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! :herosway:

He is not sick and no I did not use the Dreamcast cocoon. All of my other chao have the pink cocoon except all my chao with the half closed eyes and squiggly mouth. I think the better personality mod makes these chao faces always have 0 happiness which is kind of a bad thing since they can't reincarnate. :cry:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Keirii wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:

He is not sick and no I did not use the Dreamcast cocoon. All of my other chao have the pink cocoon except all my chao with the half closed eyes and squiggly mouth. I think the better personality mod makes these chao faces always have 0 happiness which is kind of a bad thing since they can't reincarnate. :cry:
i have a chao with half closed eyes and squiggly, and he reincarn 6 times, the 6th reincarn was made 1 day ago (the v6.8 was release)
and better personality don't edit the happiness, the only codes that edit happiness is the hard mode code and the peaceful code

can you show me your chao please (with fusion) and the codes you enable ?
CecilPalmer
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by CecilPalmer »

I want some of the shiny chaos you show in your bigs /w the shiny white reflection in the middle of the faces/ and i wanna disable the mipmap to make it better but I dunno how...
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

CecilPalmer wrote:I want some of the shiny chaos you show in your bigs /w the shiny white reflection in the middle of the faces/ and i wanna disable the mipmap to make it better but I dunno how...
what's your graphics card ? Nvidia ? Intel ? ATI ?
Cipher
Egg
Egg

Post by Cipher »

Alot of things arent working for me like the 2p chao garden or the recolored stat screan can someone help? The only thing that worked, atleast what i can tell is the better shaders on the characters and 2p characters in 1p stages so i need help and it is apresiated. :heroblink:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Cipher wrote:Alot of things arent working for me like the 2p chao garden or the recolored stat screan can someone help? The only thing that worked, atleast what i can tell is the better shaders on the characters and 2p characters in 1p stages so i need help and it is apresiated. :heroblink:
did you click "install loader" in SA2modmanager, enable the code/mod then Save ?
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Suggestion for Asynchronous Competition + Animation Discover

Post by Sim_Chao »

Ok, this is a feature I wanted for a long time. The ability to use .chao files to change rosters for both Chao Races, and Karate. Any thoughts on that?

UPDATE: Why is Lucille walking like she's drunk, any idea what triggers this Benji? She was doing the Shake dance one minute, and after that she stumbles her way to the pond.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: Suggestion for Asynchronous Competition + Animation Disc

Post by DarkyBenji »

Sim_Chao wrote:Ok, this is a feature I wanted for a long time. The ability to use .chao files to change rosters for both Chao Races, and Karate. Any thoughts on that?
i found chao address for race but not for karate, and we need fusion for import .chao in chao race/karate
but that's actually a good idea
Sim_Chao wrote:Why is Lucille walking like she's drunk, any idea what triggers this Benji? She was doing the Shake dance one minute, and after that she stumbles her way to the pond.
cause she tripped ? some chao can be "dizzy" after the tripping
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Suggestion for Asynchronous Competition + Animation Disc

Post by Sim_Chao »

DarkyBenji wrote:
Sim_Chao wrote:Ok, this is a feature I wanted for a long time. The ability to use .chao files to change rosters for both Chao Races, and Karate. Any thoughts on that?
i found chao address for race but not for karate, and we need fusion for import .chao in chao race/karate
but that's actually a good idea
Sim_Chao wrote:Why is Lucille walking like she's drunk, any idea what triggers this Benji? She was doing the Shake dance one minute, and after that she stumbles her way to the pond.
cause she tripped ? some chao can be "dizzy" after the tripping
Finally, I can see some new challengers in the Super Tournament. And possibly the Expert Tournament. Plus, thanks for clearing that up Benj, I can see some pictures on chao studios pertaining to that. Get ready for lols.
MsXBlackRose
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by MsXBlackRose »

I can't get it to work help!!! I really want to be able to have more chao's :chaocry:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

MsXBlackRose wrote:I can't get it to work help!!! I really want to be able to have more chao's :chaocry:
did you check if you clicked "install loader" in SA2modmanager ?
if you got error or missing dll stuff : did you install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) ?
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

How to use CWE with FCE the right way

Post by Sim_Chao »

Yes, I just want to remind you that cheating with FCE (Fusion's Chao Editor) in conjunction with CWE (Chao World Extended) may produce undesired results, including crashes when exiting a garden into the lobby. It is unclear how this is triggered, but if you plan to use FCE with this mod, I suggest only using it to monitor chao health and statistics.

Try not to modify the fruits, if you must use Tiny Chao Garden fruits, you can get from the black market at no cost. That is, until Benji decides to put a price tag on them in the next update. If that does happen, they will be priced the same as in the TCG.

In addition, it is recommended not to spawn drives and/or animals from FCE, get what you can from the action stages, and bring them to the gardens. Don't worry about finishing a stage, the inventory will be preserved even if you quit to stage select.

Also, if you need more rings, keep the value at five digits, or better yet, sell skulls from the dark garden, it's worth the grind, should you play with Knuckles and/or Rouge more often.

Finally, DO NOT modify the stat influences, just use any drive or animal that give such. Remember that fly is recessive, and swim is dominant. So once you teach your chao to walk with run influence, make sure to give it power influence to balance it out, then give fly influence, if you want it to be a fly type. As with Alignment, just care for them with a happy balance of hero and dark characters, no need to modify the sliders.

I'm depending on you to heed this advice, until we can isolate the sole cause of crashes, or Fusion decides to program a CWE-friendly version of FCE.

Until then, keep calm and farm drives.
CONQU3ST
Egg
Egg

Post by CONQU3ST »

I'v tried downloading it but chrome says it's malicious. Halp me plz. This is the only mod that i can find that interests me. :darkcry:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

CONQU3ST wrote:I'v tried downloading it but chrome says it's malicious. Halp me plz. This is the only mod that i can find that interests me. :darkcry:
go to download page of google chrome and allow the pack you downloaded