[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.5 : A new Update!

Post by ChillyChao »

^
Have you tried running as administrator or reinstalling the game? If you have the Battle DLC that could also be why, other people's games have been crashing period w/ the Battle DLC.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Neonek1553
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: chao abuse is always wrong!

Post by Neonek1553 »

i can't make my chao race in bonus challenges i don't know if i have to finish challenges with only one chao :darkno: maybe i have to finish normala challenges with one chao? :dark: and no matter how bad things i set on chao editor (like urge to cry, hate sonic, dizzines) it wont bully anothers! i wanted to know how it looks like!
Neonek1553
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Neonek1553 »

ok... enough playing around, i can't even race with my non hacked powered up chao! what the heck that means!? :stomp:
Neonek1553
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Neonek1553 »

i dont have anti cheated chao nerf code :cry: what to do :herocry:
Neonek1553
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Neonek1553 »

how do i active anti-cheat code? :thinking:
Neonek1553
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Neonek1553 »

oh sorry i need to place only mods not pack :darkno:
Neonek1553
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Neonek1553 »

oh awesome! race packs dont work :darkangry:
Nanashi26
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nanashi26 »

Hello, I literally just made this account because I've been using this mod recently, and had been wondering, can one use the Monster Evolution along with the Chao Editor? I tend to use the chao editor to monitor the chao's progress (hunger/sleepiness/how much left for hero/dark/swim/etc) and wasn't sure if that stops it from working (Since it has that weird "unlock limits" thing)
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Nanashi26 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:10 am Hello, I literally just made this account because I've been using this mod recently, and had been wondering, can one use the Monster Evolution along with the Chao Editor? I tend to use the chao editor to monitor the chao's progress (hunger/sleepiness/how much left for hero/dark/swim/etc) and wasn't sure if that stops it from working (Since it has that weird "unlock limits" thing)
It should still work assuming you're increasing a stat a chao has at least 2000 points of. I have FCE open all the time for export and importing with no issue.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Nanashi26
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nanashi26 »

Roaxes wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:13 am
It should still work assuming you're increasing a stat a chao has at least 2000 points of. I have FCE open all the time for export and importing with no issue.
Ah okay, I just wasn't sure about that, I got two chao that got over 2000 points on a stat but i wasn't entirely sure how it all works, like how soon i'll start seeing any changes and all that.
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

If you aren't already, keep giving animals/drives of that stat even if the stat is 99. if their magnitude is high you'll see their changes more as you give them the animals of that stat.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Nanashi26
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nanashi26 »

Roaxes wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:58 pm If you aren't already, keep giving animals/drives of that stat even if the stat is 99. if their magnitude is high you'll see their changes more as you give them the animals of that stat.
Ooooh, i figured it had to do with magnitude! As soon as you told me before i kept giving one of my chao the yellow chaos drive (cuz it had 2000+ fly points) and it started to have the head part longer and grow a second set of antennae, so it's working, thank you so much! :herosway: :chaohappy:
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

Nanashi26 wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:32 pm Ooooh, i figured it had to do with magnitude! As soon as you told me before i kept giving one of my chao the yellow chaos drive (cuz it had 2000+ fly points) and it started to have the head part longer and grow a second set of antennae, so it's working, thank you so much! :herosway: :chaohappy:
Hope you enjoy! Really expands horizons when it comes to chao appearances.
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Nanashi26
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nanashi26 »

Roaxes wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:47 pm
Hope you enjoy! Really expands horizons when it comes to chao appearances.

It's really fun, i wonder though, is the 2000+ monster form based on the whole unlocking the limit thing from FCE? or does it only extend it further a bit? (cuz i remember unlocking that originally before and it gets to a point that it just destroys the polygons lol)
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

Nanashi26 wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:05 am It's really fun, i wonder though, is the 2000+ monster form based on the whole unlocking the limit thing from FCE? or does it only extend it further a bit? (cuz i remember unlocking that originally before and it gets to a point that it just destroys the polygons lol)
Mhmm it only extends it to a certain point before stopping pass the normal levels. It doesn't get to chaotic levels.
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Nanashi26
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Nanashi26 »

Roaxes wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:17 pm
Mhmm it only extends it to a certain point before stopping pass the normal levels. It doesn't get to chaotic levels.

Oh that's a relief, I'm currently woking on a dark chao with Run and fly i think.

Also can Hero Chao have mean eyes? or will they always have normal hero eyes? I read that you can make Dark chao not have the mean eyes if you align them to hero, but it doesn't seem like you can do the same for hero chao
StrikeWing17971
Egg
Egg

Post by StrikeWing17971 »

Hello, does anyone have any information on when 8.0 will arrive?
Runasutaru
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Be the punching bag!

Post by Runasutaru »

Nanashi26 wrote: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:36 amAlso can Hero Chao have mean eyes?
Yes! This is possible without any mods and in any version of Sonic Adventure 2**. All you need to do is get a Chao that has mean eyes and evolve it into a Hero. You can do this either by hatching one that already has them OR by evolving an existing Chao into a Dark allignment, letting them reincarnate, and then evolving them into a Hero.

**Exception: This may not apply to Sonic Adventure 2 for the Dreamcast, according to very recent research reported by UltimaNumber on the CI Discord:
UltimaNumber wrote:In SA2DC, Chao will always reincarnate to their original face, provided their personality doesn't change too much! Even Dark Chao will revert back to the eyes they used to have!
gogone3
Egg
Egg

Post by gogone3 »

cant seem to prgress past challenge race 9, even when winning. chao is not hacked.
Sharkivore
Egg
Egg

Post by Sharkivore »

The download for 7.5 doesn't seem to include many codes.

I played an older version but recently had to update to a different PC and had to redownload the mod. The most recent upload of version 7.5 doesn't seem to include many codes. The only codes I can find related to Chao World Extended are the [Detail] codes. Can somebody please help?
lavendire
Egg
Egg

Post by lavendire »

Hi everyone- I can't seem to download the Chao Garden Pack at all- link is broken (takes me to a place where it says the file was deleted)-- but the Lobby Pack is working fine! Anyone know where I could get this? It all looks soooo pretty... thanks! :herosway:
BulletDrugz
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by BulletDrugz »

I can't wait to see the new release! All the updates on twitter are hype :chaohappy:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Post by ChillyChao »

Question about the alt character code, i'm using a PS4 controller to play SA2 PC because i like it better, what would i press to do the alt character code with the PS4 controller? L1 or L2? R1 or R2?
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
BlazeFox
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by BlazeFox »

I installed SA2 to a new PC and downloaded/installed Chao World Extended. It keeps crashing in the opening cinematic. If I hit uninstall loader and launch the game, it works. I did get it working once where it loaded with the mod and I managed to get into the chao garden (mod was working as the extra character select was there) but it crashed as soon as I got in the garden. I just uninstalled/reinstalled SA2 and it's doing the same crashing if the mod is installed but working if it isn't.
ModernSilver
Egg
Egg

Post by ModernSilver »

First, let me say that I really love this mod and look forward to raising some chao in Chao World Extended!

Anyway, for those who need/want it, I converted the latest codes from Mainmemory's modloader to be compatible with Chao World Extended's Xml format.

Link and instructions here:
Spoiler:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5zdkm4w93pm6 ... s.xml?dl=0

Should give you a codes.xml, drop it in \mods\!ChaoWorldExtended\Original SA2ModLoader Codes, overwriting the original.
Just going to edit this post instead of double posting. For those of you that have been having the issue of crashing when trying to enter Chao World while using the mod, here's how you fix it!

Basically you install the SA2ModLoader before Chao World Extended. While Chao World Extended may have a modified SA2ModLoader, it doesn't have all the files.

Hope that helps! :wink: