[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v6 : Moar Textures !

Post by DarkyBenji »

edit : useless post, sorry for double post
Last edited by DarkyBenji on Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Nordlys
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v6.1

Post by Nordlys »

For the black chao mod, I think you should make blue eyes for hero chao and black eyes for dark chao, because I can't see black eyes on a black hero chao.
Che il sultano mantenga le tradizioni nella propria terra, ma non tenti di imporle ad altri regnanti.
(Vlad Țepeș)
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Post by StarLand »

Only Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

StarLand wrote:Only Sonic Adventure 2 or Sonic Adventure 2 Battle?
both
StarLand
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: May not wait for my work...

Post by StarLand »

DarkyBenji wrote:
both
What's the difference?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

StarLand wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:
both
What's the difference?
the difference is that the battle version is a DLC that add chao karate and multiplayer battle.

in this mod there some codes that you need DLC like "Chao karate have Medal" that give the chao a medal if he win the chao karate

you're not forced to buy DLC for enjoy the mod
Boring Hero
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Boring Hero »

I'm confused about how the mega/monster evolution works, could anyone explain that? Also, I cannot get any of the character chao.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Boring Hero wrote:I'm confused about how the mega/monster evolution works, could anyone explain that? Also, I cannot get any of the character chao.
Mega/Monster evolution is basically extensions of second evolution in that chao keep growing. It starts once one of your chao's stats reach 2500 *Normal color'd chao go transparent sadly* For example:

Before

After

*Final picture is of Chaogardenbusters chao, first is from chao island*

Character chao you get the same way as chaos chao, all animals, and happiness +80. The difference is after the 24 animals for tails chao start giving flying animals, knux chao: power, exc.
Last edited by Roaxes on Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Boring Hero
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Boring Hero »

So does the Mega/Monster evolution just take a while? Maybe I was just being impatient. As for the character chao, I did all that and they still evolved into the basic chao, not the character. I was using the fusion chao editor, could that be the problem? I set them to 2 reincarnations, max happiness, gave all animals then set them to their respective stat (so it would evolve to a fly for tails)
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Boring Hero wrote:So does the Mega/Monster evolution just take a while? Maybe I was just being impatient. As for the character chao, I did all that and they still evolved into the basic chao, not the character. I was using the fusion chao editor, could that be the problem? I set them to 2 reincarnations, max happiness, gave all animals then set them to their respective stat (so it would evolve to a fly for tails)
FAQ wrote:i try to make a tails chao but my chao evolve to fly chao, help !
-> don't worry, we can't see tails, knux, and amy chao from the cocon if you think you do is kinda correct just leave the garden and go back and your fly chao will become a tails chao
also for mega evolution, be sure he's completely on 2nd evolution, then wait ~3 minutes in the garden with him
Boring Hero
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Boring Hero »

I made sure he was fully 2nd evolved, and waited ~10 minutes, still nothing.

As for character chao, I did leave the garden and return, still nothing again.

Is it because I installed the mods on a used chao save file, not a brand new one?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Boring Hero wrote:I made sure he was fully 2nd evolved, and waited ~10 minutes, still nothing.

As for character chao, I did leave the garden and return, still nothing again.

Is it because I installed the mods on a used chao save file, not a brand new one?
or are you sure you installed correctly the mod ?
are you sure one of the stats reach 2000 ? (like mega chao neut/run/run need more than 2000 on run)
are you sure you give all animals to your chao + 2 reincarnated and then give him fly before evolve ?
Boring Hero
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Boring Hero »

I'm sure his stat is over 2000, and im sure i gave him all animals and the 2 reincarnations and fly. I probably did install it wrong, I'm new to modding. I opened SA2ModManager, checked the boxes I wanted then hit "install loader" and "save and play"
Dinjoralo
Egg
Egg

Post by Dinjoralo »

Hi Benjy, I wanted to commend you for making such an excellent mod. :chaohappy:
But I noticed that some of the mouths the Chao can get with the Chao Faces code look a bit... borked. Fusion's Chao Editor labels these as 'Straight Moustache' and 'Squiggly Moustache 1'. I'm guessing these mouths were just not meant to be used. :/
Boring Hero
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Boring Hero »

I got the mega evolution to work, it was not working because I was using the fusion chao editor. Manually raising their stat to 2000 worked. This means that the character chao probably work also, just have to wait for it. Thanks for the help. I was also wondering, how did you get the color of the chao named "Crimson" on page 1? Is that a color added with the mod? I can only ever get red and pink.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Dinjoralo wrote:Hi Benjy, I wanted to commend you for making such an excellent mod. :chaohappy:
But I noticed that some of the mouths the Chao can get with the Chao Faces code look a bit... borked. Fusion's Chao Editor labels these as 'Straight Moustache' and 'Squiggly Moustache 1'. I'm guessing these mouths were just not meant to be used. :/
i know but with those mouths glitch you can made a vampire chao
or mario/luigi chao
Boring Hero wrote:I got the mega evolution to work, it was not working because I was using the fusion chao editor. Manually raising their stat to 2000 worked. This means that the character chao probably work also, just have to wait for it. Thanks for the help. I was also wondering, how did you get the color of the chao named "Crimson" on page 1? Is that a color added with the mod? I can only ever get red and pink.
Crimson it's a a red shiny chao from the mod "Black chao mode", shiny colors chao in black chao mode give some nice chao colors
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v5.5 : Better Chao World !

Post by DarkyBenji »

Hi,
so you can notice that the mod pack chao world extended go to v5.5 because the v6 was a texture update but with all the other texture i'm going to make (i'm not alone, other players will do too) the pack will be very long to upload

the new code are still here, it's ony the textures that was removed (Garden, Lobby and chao skin)

so what you should do now ? nothing of course you don't need to redownload the mod :heroblink:
the v5.5 it's exactly the same version of v6.1, without textures

where's my textures ? here : viewtopic.php?f=33&t=41026

why i do this ? because i want to make more textures and i will not update chao world extended because i made a new texture than code and special stuff

that mean that you can profit new texture in the futur by waiting a new chao world extended update!
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Post by Sim_Chao »

What about customizing the stat gains and losses from the TCG fruits? I think chao are not getting the right amount of nutrition for these fruits, this method of progression need to taken into account with the stat multiplier.
Sim_Chao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Keep Calm, and Farm Drives!

Post by Sim_Chao »

Can't you make a code to use any of your own chao in a chao karate match?

Sorry, had to bump this up because Interleague play is not available in the PC version. It sucks that you can't play this on a LAN connection, much less a server.
Ari_Iris
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Quid pro quo

Post by Ari_Iris »

I have some questions, I don't speak english, so maybe I miss something, I searched solutions in all the post befor asking here, but I don't get the solution, I have installed the mod but I can't get it works.

I can't select the characters before enter to the garden, I use a Acteck gamepad with the "JoyToKey" software, because I don't have a Xbox gamepad, so "JoyToKey" synchronizes the key board with my gamepad, L and R buttons are configured in the Q and E keys... on the keyboard, but when I use this keys, it doesn't load the alternative characters (Tikal, Amy, Etc.) I tryed to push the keys in select stage menu, after select the chao garden, before select de character and also in the lobby, and holding the keys at the same time that I select the character... the "code" is active in the SA2ModManager, but nothing, i have the same problem with the D-pad in the black market, what I am doing wrong?

Thats the first thing, the second thing and last is:

I try to load some textures for my gardens, I don't know if the Drak and Hero gardens works because they're still hiding in my lobby, however, the neutral garden change, but the lobby still have the "vanilla" texture, I try to load it putting it in the ADX and PRS folders of the game and the mod, and I try to load the textures like mods, puting in the "mods" folder and activating it with the ModManager... but nothing works, not with the lobby...

Also, I lost my save game of chao garden, Before install the mod, I had four chaos and I don't know why, but now I have only one, but he's a chao that I had long time ago, It's like the mod has returned my garden to the past... I need go back... to the future... jeje... 2015... anyway.

Looks like nothing works of the mod in my game, I think that is because the folder, I have my game installed outside of the steam folder... so maybe thats it... but I need to know if there's a chance that I made a mistake and nothing works because of that. :herocry:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Ari_Iris wrote:I have some questions, I don't speak english, so maybe I miss something, I searched solutions in all the post befor asking here, but I don't get the solution, I have installed the mod but I can't get it works.

I can't select the characters before enter to the garden, I use a Acteck gamepad with the "JoyToKey" software, because I don't have a Xbox gamepad, so "JoyToKey" synchronizes the key board with my gamepad, L and R buttons are configured in the Q and E keys... on the keyboard, but when I use this keys, it doesn't load the alternative characters (Tikal, Amy, Etc.) I tryed to push the keys in select stage menu, after select the chao garden, before select de character and also in the lobby, and holding the keys at the same time that I select the character... the "code" is active in the SA2ModManager, but nothing, i have the same problem with the D-pad in the black market, what I am doing wrong?

Thats the first thing, the second thing and last is:

I try to load some textures for my gardens, I don't know if the Drak and Hero gardens works because they're still hiding in my lobby, however, the neutral garden change, but the lobby still have the "vanilla" texture, I try to load it putting it in the ADX and PRS folders of the game and the mod, and I try to load the textures like mods, puting in the "mods" folder and activating it with the ModManager... but nothing works, not with the lobby...

Also, I lost my save game of chao garden, Before install the mod, I had four chaos and I don't know why, but now I have only one, but he's a chao that I had long time ago, It's like the mod has returned my garden to the past... I need go back... to the future... jeje... 2015... anyway.

Looks like nothing works of the mod in my game, I think that is because the folder, I have my game installed outside of the steam folder... so maybe thats it... but I need to know if there's a chance that I made a mistake and nothing works because of that. :herocry:
I don't speak english too, so it's ok i guess

1 - sadly some code in the mod are not compatible with keyboard control for the moment, maybe in the next update if i found i way to fix that

2- the portal texture in the chaolobby are not in the garden texture file but in the chaolobby file, that explain why the portal didn't change in the chaolobby when you select a texture for the gardens, the only way for have custom portal is edit the texture of chao lobby but i have to make many many chaolobby because there's many texture for garden
btw for some chaolobby texture you need to unlock all gardens for unknow reason

3- chao world extended NEVER edit the main save, but creat another save somewhere than C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA if you enable some mod like "Black chao mode"

so :
- did you enable the code "Chaos and character chao are like normal Chao ? you probably leave the chao world and save in the garden and not by using the "exit" in chao lobby then you disable this code.. and this happen, you can fix it by enable this code back and go to the chao world then leave by using the chao lobby exit

- if it's a no steam version did you run the game in administrator ?

4- i never tried the mod in sa2 outside steam so i can't help you with that for the moment, i must check that

Sim_Chao wrote:What about customizing the stat gains and losses from the TCG fruits? I think chao are not getting the right amount of nutrition for these fruits, this method of progression need to taken into account with the stat multiplier.
you thinks ? i should see that, idk if it's a bad idea or not
Sim_Chao wrote:Can't you make a code to use any of your own chao in a chao karate match?

Sorry, had to bump this up because Interleague play is not available in the PC version. It sucks that you can't play this on a LAN connection, much less a server.
i still didn't find the way for edit the bot chao in chao karate so i can't custom the chao karate level, sorry !
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Not sure if anyone has already suggested it but what about a way to disable hero/dark characters from changing the chao to hero and dark by petting and other actions and instead have to use hero/dark fruit like in Sonic adventure DX.

it would provide more use for hero and dark fruit and make it much easier to keep a chao neutral instead of having to keep swapping characters. :D
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
BlackLuigi7
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: My ego will blot out the Sun.

Post by BlackLuigi7 »

roaxes wrote:Not sure if anyone has already suggested it but what about a way to disable hero/dark characters from changing the chao to hero and dark by petting and other actions and instead have to use hero/dark fruit like in Sonic adventure DX.

it would provide more use for hero and dark fruit and make it much easier to keep a chao neutral instead of having to keep swapping characters. :D
Don't quote me in case I'm wrong, but I think fusion's chao editor already lets you do this.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

roaxes wrote:Not sure if anyone has already suggested it but what about a way to disable hero/dark characters from changing the chao to hero and dark by petting and other actions and instead have to use hero/dark fruit like in Sonic adventure DX.

idk if it's possible to do this but i will try :wink:

@BlackLuigi7 : Chao fusion editor can't "froze" the value so you can't really keep the chao neut except open the program each time
SummerTheChao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: We also have top notch productions in the Uk

Post by SummerTheChao »

*Claps* Still love this mod You have done well
This needs more color in life!

wanna fly high
So I can reach the highest of all the heavens
Somebody will be
Waiting for me so I've got to fly higher

When all alone in my sleep
I just go about dreaming
I see myself there, having the same adventure
~Miles "tails" prower~
ART: http://blossom-heart24.deviantart.com/