[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v8: it's been 3000 years

Post by DarkyBenji »

Heyo! How's everyone doing? All good? Sweet.
Well, after many years of working alone, I have finally gotten assistance! Ma bois, Exant and Mindacos, decided to help me work on the next update, and Buster has been working on a special pack.

It's finally here:
Chao World Extended v8
Click the image for the trailer video!

The very first version to contain auto-update, a DLL file, and all-new items for Chao Garden!

The Changes:
Chao World Extended Main Code:
- Fixed Hero Garden spawn locations for DC Gardens
- Fixed Chao getting stuck while swimming
- Any Chao can be angry (like Dark Chao)
- Chaos Drive can be reused anytime without doing the glitch

The Fruits have been rebalanced!
- Garden Fruits: 40% Stamina (50% if the hard mode code "Hunger is Difficult" is enabled)
- Strong Fruit: 60% Stamina
- Tasty Fruit: still gives 30% Stamina but now also gives 60% Luck
- Hero/Dark Fruit: 50% Stamina and still edits the alignment
- Round/Square/Triangle Fruit: unchanged (80% Stamina)
- Smart Fruit: 30% Stamina and 320% Intel
- GBA Fruits: give double of what they gave before
- Mushroom: 240% Stamina
- Mushroom Alt: 320% Stamina
- Mint Candy: 200% to Swim, Fly, Run, and Power, but 50% to Stamina

Chaos Chao and Character Chao are like normal Chao:
- The code has been completely redone — Chao have the correct type for their evolution, don't become glitchy after the transporter is used, and their animal parts show everywhere in Chao World

Medal Chao can make Jewel Chao:
- Challenge Medal will no longer give Texture or Jewel Chao
- Diamond Medal will now give any Jewel/Texture Chao randomly
- Pearl Medal will now only give Pearl Chao

Monster Evolution:
- The Gradual Evolution Cap is now 1.5 instead of 2 when your Chao's stat exceeds 2000
- The Gradual Evolution Cap is now 2 when your Chao's stat exceeds 3000
- New type of Monster Evolution with the help of Stamina!
- The Magnitude Cap is now 1.8 instead of 1.2 if the Chao's Stamina stat exceeds 2000
- The Magnitude Cap will be 2.4 instead of 1.2 if the Chao's Stamina stat exceeds 3000
- Unlike Monster Gradual Evolution, Monster Stamina Evolution will not make normal Chao transparent

Use Pacifier to Force Reincarnation:
- No longer requires 50 happiness
- Now counts as a real reincarnation
- Divides your Chao's stats by 20 instead of 10
- Lowers a Chao's grade by 2 levels in order to upgrade Intel and Luck grades; the grade that is lowered matches your Chao's first evolution. For example, reincarnating a Swim Chao that has an S in Swim will reduce its Swim grade from S to B, BUT it will give +5 to Intel and Luck grades. If the grade is lower than S, the Luck and Intel grade increases go as follows:
+4 to Intel and Luck if the grade was A
+3 to Intel and Luck if the grade was B
+2 to Intel and Luck if the grade was C
+1 to Intel and Luck if the grade was D
+1 to Intel and Luck if the grade was E

NOTE: If the Chao is a Chaos or Character Chao, its grades will not be downgraded, and it will gain +2 to both its Intel grade and its Luck grade.

Bully Chao (requires the code "Chao Animation"):
- Bully Chao will only target Chao that are doing nothing
- A Chao requires the Kindness personality in order to defend against bullies
- The Bully Chao's bully value will drop to 0 after the attack, so it won't attack again after that

Chao Can Drown:
- Made it less harsh... again, LMAO

Hunger is Difficult:
- While this code is on, Garden fruit gives an upgraded 50% Stamina

Chao Attention:
- While this code is on, baby Chao grow up faster

More Chao Sickness:
- While this code is on, a sick Chao only needs to have 80% of its stat progress bar filled to gain a level-up

Auto-Generate Stats:
- Never gives the best possible stat increase if a Chao levels up from this code

Stronger Chaos Drives:
- Chaos Drives used with this code active no longer give a lot of luck

Reincarnation Requires 20 Happiness:
- This code was previously named "Chao Never Die", but has been remade to have the Chao require only 20 happiness to reincarnate. Additionally, while the code is on, Chao will grow up a little more slowly

Chao Counter:
- You will no longer see the Chao Counter display for a split second when entering Chao World

Use D-Pad to Change Items in Black Market:
- Made the Black Market reroll its items after the D-Pad has been pressed; to prevent abuse, there is a limit to the amount of rerolls
- Added new items to the list

Disable Animal Parts (ALL):
- Animal parts no longer display on Chao, meaning you don't have to exit and re-enter the garden to remove recently-gained parts anymore

Jewel and Beginner Race Become 8P Party Race: code updated by Mindacos
- All 8 Chao now display on the UI during the race
- You can no longer boost during the race

Fitting Personality:
This code was previously called Better Personality but has been renamed due to a major update:
- The effect of personalities is multiplied by 4, making the personalities drastically different for each Chao
- With this code on, distinct personalities appear more often, among which newfound ones such as Kindness, Solitude, Vitality, Regain, Charm, and Fickle

Chao Doctor Gives More Information: with the help of CGBuster!
- Redid the text for the Chao Doctor since more data has been found and added

More Chao Animations:
- Changes Chao animation speed depending on the personality (Energetic and Carefree)
- Changes Chao animation speed for receiving animals/Chaos Drives depending on the personality (Skillful)
- Fixed the crash that sometimes happened after a Chao used a toy
- Increases the real Anger value when the Chao does bad/annoyed animation
- Increases the Bully value when the Chao does an angry animation

More Chao Actions:
- Increases/Decreases the chance of the Chao talking to others depending on the personality (Chatty)

More Chao Sounds:
- Adjusted the volume of all added SFX

Newer Challenge Race:
- Edited the Rings given on each race to balance this mod against other challenge mods
- Ultimate Medal no longer gives more chances to pass down S grades when breeding

Phew! That's a lot of changes. Now let's move onto the NEW stuff!

The New:
Inside the Main Chao World Extended DLL:
Eye Colors:
- Added a new category of items: Lens boxes! Lens boxes allow you to customize your Chao's eyes with 5 different eye colors, any of the 3 alignment-specific eyes, and 3 special sets of eyes. A default Lens box exists in case you ever wish to reset your Chao's eyes back to their original appearance

Added new items: Hyper Fruits!
These Fruits are rare and can be only found in the Black Market without using the D-Pad code. They are powerful and can be used to upgrade a stat's grade as long as that grade is an S. As an example, if your Chao has a Swim grade of S, giving it the Hyper Swim Fruit will grant it a new and more powerful grade. That grade is...

The X Grade: more powerful than S Grade
It's the X grade! Unlike other grades, it is temporary, and only one stat at a time can be at a grade of X. The X-graded stat has a massively-boosted stat cap until the Chao reincarnates, after which the grade reverts to S. Note that since the stat cap is what is affected, it is wise to upgrade the S to an X before the respective stat is at Lvl 99
ImageImage

New way to increase your grades
Tired of making your Chao reincarnate over and over to increase its grades? No worries — the Chao Doctor will help you boost your Chao's grades. This requires rings, and the stat must be at Lvl 99!
Your Chao's grades can only be upgraded 3 times per life — from E to A — and the higher the grade, the more rings are required:
E > D = 10 000 rings
D > C = 20 000 rings
C > B = 30 000 rings
B > A = 40 000 rings

...And we're not done yet!

Added another new item: the Shiny Fruit!
With the Brightfix mod made by Exant (included in CWE), using the Shiny Fruit allows you to change any of your Bright Chao into a true Shiny Two-tone Chao!

New Animals! ...or are they?
Exant has brought us more content for CWE: SADX Animals!
SADX Animals are obtained differently from SA2 animals. They are somehow interested in those GBA fruits around your gardens: if you buy GBA fruits from the Black Market and leave them in the garden, a SADX animal may appear!
NOTE: each GBA fruit gives a different kind of SADX animal
ImageImage

NEW AND MORE Shiny JEWEL Two-tones! by Mindacos
At long last, all mixed Chao colors will have their own unique Shiny Jewel Two-tone!
If you already own one, this update may change your Chao's appearance

Create NEW Shiny Jewel Monotone:
Oh, heavens — MORE Chao to create! When this code is on, all newborn Chao that are Shiny Jewel Monotone will have a unique look that is basically a mix of Texture/Jewel Chao with Shiny color on it!

A revamp for the Piano and Organs
Exant redid these toys to make them functional as true toys!
They also no longer replace seed-planting locations

That's all for the MAIN CWE part, BUT there are also some new codes!

More Chao Expressions:
- Added more facial expressions to Chao, and a Chao's expression may change depending on its current action

DC Wings: by Exant
- Jewel/Texture and Color now infect the wings like they do in SA2DC

Chaos Chao Keep Eyes Upon Reincarnation:
- Allows your Chao to keep Chaos Chao eyes when they reincarnate with the pacifier code
ImageImage

Eye Colors for Newborn Chao:
- Lenses are not the only way to get Chao with custom eye colors! With this code on, your newborn Chao have a chance to be born with different eye colors! Note that this only applies to eye color: you cannot get alignment eyes or special eyes this way

Newborn Chao Have Varying Shades of Color:
- If this code is on, buying multiple Chao of the same color from the Black Market can give you different results: for example, you may buy 2 pink eggs and each one hatches with a different shade of pink, making them unique!

Remove Dark Chao's Mean Eyes Override:
- The title says it all: evolving your Chao into the Dark alignment no longer forces it to have mean eyes, allowing your Dark Chao to keep its previous eyes. It's weird at first, but you get used to it

But wait.. there's mooooore~

The Packs
Separate downloads that complement CWE. These packs will help you enjoy additional Chao World content together with CWE!

Buster Expansion Pack
A new pack for CWE which contains all challenge mods made by CGBuster! Enjoy the new races and a brand-new Karate mod with a lot of challengers waiting for you!

Garden Pack
- Added new garden textures and updated them for CWE v8

Lobby Pack
- Updated the garden textures
NOTE: "Eye Colors" will not work if a lobby's Chao skin code is on

And that's it! Finally done!

Thank you all for supporting Chao World Extended since 2014. It's been a pleasure to get to know all of you. Sadly, I've given all I have for now — I will not continue any futher. Version 8 will be the last Chao World Extended release version coming from me. The SA2 modding community is growing now, but I've reached my limit and am moving on. Of course, this doesn't mean Chao World Extended will never get updated again: I'll give my project to modders I trust so that they can continue to develop future versions of Chao World Extended.

Here's my Special Thanks list:
Spoiler:
Mooncow:
Thank you for helping me at the beginning with supporting this mod by putting it on Chao Island's News section for others to notice.

CGBuster:
You're a ****** little ****, but that's why I still like you.
Thank you for helping Roaxes make posts and videos on social media with Chao Studios in order to increase the popularity of Chao World Extended.
You are a special person who has supported the mod since the start; teaching you to mod the game and all just so you can finally help me... it has been a pleasure to know you. And now that you've gotten better and bigger (I have had nothing to teach you since 2017), you've got enough skill to make mods for yourself, be it for SA2 and/or other games.

Roaxes:
What can I say but yikes for your computer! It's been many years since we've met and yet you still didn't upgrade your computer, LOL. But what can I say? That never stopped you using and supporting the mod. You've been posting and posting images and GIFs of Chao World Extended to the point most pictures have been all around to the Internet. I mean, even SEGA has used them!
You did really well on social media along with Buster; it is because of you both that CWE made it this far.

Mindacos:
You scummy little pink ball. Where's my Slasha buff? Nah, just kidding: after all, it is just a casual tournament.
Thank you for supporting the mod and doing special events on Discord with tournaments. Even though it's been a long time you've hosted events, you're still here helping me update/working on the mod for the next version. You learned modding faster than Buster, but, besides the use of Cheat Engine, Buster may have more knowledge than you at modding :3
Oh, and now that the update is here, I guess you will make comics together with Buster. Finally, some teamwork after you being a Ditto at first[/i]

Runasutaru:
Thank you for supporting the mod and helping others with CWE. You did a great job showing what CWE can do to new members on Discord! Sadly, you don't do that anymore, but you did well enough to bring many people into CWE, so I'll give you that. Thank you for beta testing v8 along with Roaxes, and I wish you a good night.

Exant:
Now, listen here, Mr. E: why didn't you come sooner? Ahh, doesn't matter. The fact that you have been here for us is enough for me to thank you.
In 2017, out of nowhere, you were filling so many ****** requests from Aku and the community, and then you decided to go as far as you could by making things happen that we'd wanted for years: Dreamcast Gardens, Shiny Two-tone, and more. At long last, someone who is good at C++ making Chao mods! The community was calling you God back when it all started (or Zenosama or something. I'm not a Dragonball fan...).
You helped me and the others a lot with your knowledge and brought us content that we never thought would be possible. Your help and patience for v8 will be appreciated.

Download Link: Available September 6th 2019
Thank you for reading, and take care!
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v7.5 : A new Update!

Post by FrankT »

Hooray! :chaohappy:

I appreciate all you've done, you've made Chao World a happier place... I just have one question: could you teach me how to make these kinds of hacks?
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
Drflash55
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Chaaaaooooo!

Post by Drflash55 »

Welp, CWE v8 got released today.

So that's cool.
Just your average everyday Chao caretaker... or am I?

:thinking:
kiracookie
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by kiracookie »

Very excited to see the "bright glitch" fixed! Great work everyone involved!!
Thank you all for your hard work and dedication. <3
I would love to see more that your skills can bring to such a great game, but I'm already happy with all of the additions and fixes already brought through this mod.

I will never play sa2b without this mod.

:chaohappy: :darkhappy: :chaohappy:
starparty
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: thanks unclestupid

Post by starparty »

So I downloaded it and couldn't get it to work, it just kept saying the mod couldn't be found. I just winded up uninstalling and deleting everything and starting over to reinstall the mod loader and add cwev8. It recognized it but now when I click save and play after installing it, the game just crashes while it says loading with the ring. I didn't have this problem before. I have the microsoft C file in there that's recommended to download if you have crashing because I had it before to fix that issue. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. :herocry: Can anyone else let me know what their files look like or should look like, what you have installed so I can make sure I have everything correct and get it in working order?
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

How do I add Enable Alt Character by pressing L or R back in to the mod? Why was it removed in v8? I really enjoyed that...
I'm not going to update until this feature is added back in. I need a response.
kiracookie
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by kiracookie »

By the way, It said v8 is released today (Sept. 6th), but at the time of writing this at 11:30pm central, I don't see a download link anywhere. Am I blind or has V.8 not been released yet? :thinking:
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

It's on Darkys mods list on gamebanana
PWN_Ketz
Egg
Egg

Post by PWN_Ketz »

I'm not sure if there's a fix to this already, but i'm having texture errors in the kindergarten. Below are the examples.
when i turn off chao world extended, the texture errors are gone.
Edit: I found the culprit of this. It wasn't Chao Garden Extended. The Choose Medal mod is what was causing these. Just a heads up to anyone having similiar issues
starparty
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: thanks unclestupid

Post by starparty »

starparty wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:07 am So I downloaded it and couldn't get it to work, it just kept saying the mod couldn't be found. I just winded up uninstalling and deleting everything and starting over to reinstall the mod loader and add cwev8. It recognized it but now when I click save and play after installing it, the game just crashes while it says loading with the ring. I didn't have this problem before. I have the microsoft C file in there that's recommended to download if you have crashing because I had it before to fix that issue. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. :herocry: Can anyone else let me know what their files look like or should look like, what you have installed so I can make sure I have everything correct and get it in working order?
Ah nevermind I think I might have fixed it. It's not crashing and I see the new items. Sorry about the false flag. It was definitely something I was doing wrong then.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Aringon wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:52 am How do I add Enable Alt Character by pressing L or R back in to the mod? Why was it removed in v8? I really enjoyed that...
I'm not going to update until this feature is added back in. I need a response.
we removed that because of other mods that make you change character, espescially character select plus
https://github.com/Justin113D/SA2Charac ... s/releases
PWN_Ketz wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:38 am I'm not sure if there's a fix to this already, but i'm having texture errors in the kindergarten. Below are the examples.
when i turn off chao world extended, the texture errors are gone.
Edit: I found the culprit of this. It wasn't Chao Garden Extended. The Choose Medal mod is what was causing these. Just a heads up to anyone having similiar issues
Fixed in v8.1
starparty wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 2:07 am So I downloaded it and couldn't get it to work, it just kept saying the mod couldn't be found. I just winded up uninstalling and deleting everything and starting over to reinstall the mod loader and add cwev8. It recognized it but now when I click save and play after installing it, the game just crashes while it says loading with the ring. I didn't have this problem before. I have the microsoft C file in there that's recommended to download if you have crashing because I had it before to fix that issue. Not really sure what I'm doing wrong. :herocry: Can anyone else let me know what their files look like or should look like, what you have installed so I can make sure I have everything correct and get it in working order?
be sure you use the lastest version of SA2ModLoader
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

we removed that because of other mods that make you change character, espescially character select plus
https://github.com/Justin113D/SA2Charac ... s/releases

Oh, I had no idea that mod existed, the only other I knew about was the one by MainMemory which I don't like using. Thanks for telling me about this! I am now content with updating and can experience all these things you have all been working on for years.
TagRag
Egg
Egg

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v8.1: It's been 3000 years

Post by TagRag »

i posted this on the steam community but thought that someon here might be able to help:

SA2 Modloader won't detect my mods
I downloaded the modloader to try and add in the Chao World Extended mod, but now that i have everything extracted to the Sonic Adventure 2 folder, I can open the loader and click the install button after it loads and even load the game through the loader just how it's supposed to, but i can't get it to actually detect the mods.

At first i had the Choa World Extended files in their original folder and put that folder in the Sonic Adventure 2 folder, but it wasn't detecting them. then i moved all of the files and folders from within !ChaoWorldExtended out into just the sonic adventure 2 folder, but the loader still can't see anything. The mods section is completely blank. Anyone know anything to help?

[update]
I just went ahead and deleted everything and uninstalled sa2 and reinstalled and redownloaded everything. extracting went much more smoothly since i had all the required software for windows 10 this time around from the start. I extracted the mod zip and the mod loader to the sonic adventure 2 folder with no trouble. Oh, and I installed to my C drive this time instead of E. Even after all that, no luck. I clicked install in the loader, saved, refreshed, closed, opened again, everything I can think of to get a nice clean start. I also moved the !ChaoWorldExtended files and folders out into the Sonic Adventure 2 folder, but that didn't help again. At this point my limited computer knowledge just can't solve this any further, I would love some help so that I can enjoy this game again with some new flare. Please help!
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

TagRag wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2019 3:56 am SA2 Modloader won't detect my mods
I downloaded the modloader to try and add in the Chao World Extended mod, but now that i have everything extracted to the Sonic Adventure 2 folder, I can open the loader and click the install button after it loads and even load the game through the loader just how it's supposed to, but i can't get it to actually detect the mods.
Make a new folder in the Sonic Adventure 2 folder. Call this new folder mods, put mods inside it. Experience the thrill of having to put things in specifically titled folders in order for programs to find them.
Astra
Egg
Egg

Post by Astra »

Oh hey this mod is still alive? I remember on 2016, when I used to play SA2 I made a video demonstrating the drowning Chao code, makes me glad to see this mod is still alive! :chaohappy:
ggdoug
Egg
Egg

Post by ggdoug »

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I was curious: Do the mixed colors support the Shiny Jewel Monotones?
Also, what are the "Powder Blue" and "Deep Dark Blue" colors on the mixed color spreadsheet?
CuteE
Egg
Egg

Major Glitch in Chao DNA as result of this mod

Post by CuteE »

So I discovered a rather serious bug that causes the Chao's current grade stats to constantly override whatever their original first DNA set was, which causes some big issues when breeding, as it means a Chao can get both genes from the same parent. I explained it better and showed it off in the following video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcZMdxfhWdw
Note that I make a mistake at 9:53 where I wrote down "E" instead of "B" which confused me later at 13:12, just know that it originally was "B", nothing changed there, I just got confused.

Anyway, I do really hope this bug gets patched, as it makes the way breeding functions drastically different.

Edit: It's worth noting this bug also overwrites the first set of DNA of ALL OF YOUR CHAO upon entering Chao Garden, replacing them with whatever your current grade stats are. So this will - in effect - permanently alter any Chao Garden save file that is loaded with this mod as a result of this glitch. So do keep that in mind when considering the severity of this.

Double Edit: Apparently this is intentional behavior ever since 7.5. Take that for what you will. Still, be aware that this will modify your Chao, so once you install, there's no going back. (So do back up your Chao Garden save file if that concerns you!)
Last edited by CuteE on Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CuteE
Egg
Egg

Post by CuteE »

Astra wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:12 am Oh hey this mod is still alive? I remember on 2016, when I used to play SA2 I made a video demonstrating the drowning Chao code, makes me glad to see this mod is still alive! :chaohappy:
You... Demonstrated Chao drowning?

That's awful...
Frostav
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Frostav »

Yeah these new features look amazing but I'm sorry, I can't play this game without the chao editor. It's an extraordinarily tedious grind without it.
Ugamer777
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugamer777 »

Hello Everyone! I've been getting back into Chao World again since V8 came out (great job once again btw), and I was wondering about a couple of things.

First, I remember from the past I was able to have hero and dark chao alignments in the beginner races, as well as maybe the jewel races, can't remember. Anyway is there a way to still do that? I remember it being a mod or code I could enable, but no luck.

Second, I was wondering if there is a way to just use the Bright Fix mod instead of needing the shiny fruit? If it's alright to have both enabled, that's fine too. Just wanting to clarify.

Thanks for any help you can give about these questions :sway:
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Ugamer777 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:31 pm Hello Everyone! I've been getting back into Chao World again since V8 came out (great job once again btw), and I was wondering about a couple of things.

First, I remember from the past I was able to have hero and dark chao alignments in the beginner races, as well as maybe the jewel races, can't remember. Anyway is there a way to still do that? I remember it being a mod or code I could enable, but no luck.

Second, I was wondering if there is a way to just use the Bright Fix mod instead of needing the shiny fruit? If it's alright to have both enabled, that's fine too. Just wanting to clarify.

Thanks for any help you can give about these questions :sway:
The random chao race alignment code was removed for some reason in v8 cause he was worried that people who made mod races wouldn't work around it, but with his help ported it as a standalone, which can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/38xdm6yp86qyw ... s.zip?dl=0

As for your second question, im not really sure myself, I just use it as is so both shiny two tone and bright chao can co-exist as separate breeds. :p
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
FoxyPlant
Egg
Egg

Post by FoxyPlant »

Hey! If this is not tbe right place to post this please lmk and i will move the inquiry
Im having troubles with getting egg colors and im wondering if this mod could have influenced it :0 i have 40 emblems but am only seeing white, gray, orange, and green, and no others.
Has anyone else had this problem? And are there any things that can fix it to get all the egg colors?
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

FoxyPlant wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:11 am Hey! If this is not tbe right place to post this please lmk and i will move the inquiry
Im having troubles with getting egg colors and im wondering if this mod could have influenced it :0 i have 40 emblems but am only seeing white, gray, orange, and green, and no others.
Has anyone else had this problem? And are there any things that can fix it to get all the egg colors?
The Black Market only lets you see 2 sets of eggs per save, so even if you have all the emblems you may be missing out on a set of colors you'd otherwise have on a different save which is more explained here: https://chao-island.com/info-center/kin ... ack-market

To get around this with CWE, enable the black market code which when you hit a d-pad (at least if you're on controller) will reveal all the eggs and other items available except for CWE hyper fruits.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
sandalsf
Egg
Egg

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v8.2: Monsters revive!

Post by sandalsf »

Hi Benji,

I thank you for creating the Chao World Mod - however, since the upgrade to Version 8, I'm afraid that the game appears to be really laggy now. I tried out Version 7 of Chao World Extended, and everything seems to be running as normal. But every time I try to run any version of Version 8 (whether it be 8.0 or the latest one, 8.2), the game seems to be slower than normal. The way I can tell is that whenever a Chao plays an instrument (a bell, for example), the pace that the instrument is played is slowed down significantly. For the bell, the Chao doesn't swing the bell as quickly as it usually does. The time it takes to pick up and put down a Chao is increased as well.

I'm afraid I don't have any videos to prove any of this, but hopefully you can figure out what's going on with the game. I installed the mod just like I usually do before, both with Version 7 and Version 8, and I don't believe it's the way I'm installing it that's the issue. The computer itself is fine - the rest of the game plays like normal, and I recently upgraded my memory to give 8GB of RAM. The video graphics card should be fine as well. Like I said, the Chao World usually ran fine beforehand, but now with the newer version it seems to have slowed down a bit. I don't know what else to say other than that.
Rlyboring
Egg
Egg

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v8.2: Monsters revive!

Post by Rlyboring »

Hey great job on Chao Garden Extended! I was just wondering how to use the dpad for keyboard as I am trying to upgrade my chao's stats through the medical office.
edit: To those of you who play keyboard and want to figure out how to upgrade stats by using keyboard, use the "r" key instead of y and arrow keys over dpad.