[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended: The Biggest Chao Mod.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Stormer
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: The hybrid ate my homework.
Location: A planet upon which everyone is a horrible person! Including the "good guys"!

Re: [SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v6.8 : New Animation !

Post by Stormer »

This mod is glorious. Now, if only I knew how to get my very own :omochao:.
... It is possible somehow with this, isn't it? Or am I confusing what I heard elsewhere...? :thinking:
When someone tries to tell you who to be, don't give in to them, stand for everything that you are!
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Motto: Know both sides of the story before you assume.

Post by ChaoGardenBuster »

Are you saying you want to to make your own mods? If so then yes, it is possible to make your very own mods with this mod just by putting your mod into the "mystuff" folder in your mods folder, preferably textures. If you don't know where that is the file path is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\mods\ChaoWorldExtended\.MyStuff. If your wondering how to make a texture for this game then this: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=42265&p should help you. Once your finished making your texture put the .pak file in the "mystuff" folder, open your mod loader and check off the mod, then launch the game. If you have any more questions on how to make your own mods then just ask me. Hope this helps you.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

The question isn't "Can you make you own mod?"

It's "Can you get an Omochao?"

Like, the one in this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Epaoe0N4nrQ). This one is not a simple texture hack. It changes the model of the Chao to Omochao (Note the wind-up key on its head).
This, unfortunately was done with the GC version, and an Action Replay so, I personally cannot answer the question.

It's probably possible, since hacks can do it in both the Dreamcast and GameCube versions.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder

Post by DarkyBenji »

Stormer wrote:This mod is glorious. Now, if only I knew how to get my very own :omochao:.
... It is possible somehow with this, isn't it? Or am I confusing what I heard elsewhere...? :thinking:
it's possible, just mate a chao with a challenge medal (you need a code "medal make jewel chao" to work)
and if you're lucky you can have a chao with a omochao texture

but with the red/blue wool, you can have a true omochao :

(screenshot by krzys2)
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Sorry, I didn't see the " :omochao: " in your question.
Stormer
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: The hybrid ate my homework.
Location: A planet upon which everyone is a horrible person! Including the "good guys"!

Post by Stormer »

:O Thank you. Now I must work towards acquiring one, without editing! :chaohappy:
When someone tries to tell you who to be, don't give in to them, stand for everything that you are!
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

New animation!? Oh man, that is something I have to see!
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
N30NTIGER123
Egg
Egg
Motto: CHAOOO!

Post by N30NTIGER123 »

How did you get the chao's texture so HD? When I put HD chao texture mod on it just smoothens everything out :thinking:
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Life is forever and only a moment.

Post by Jack the Person »

I know I'm a bit late but:

THANK YOU! Wow Colour!

Anyway, keep up the good work and good luck for the future :chaohappy:

EDIT 1:

2 things I'd like to add, the first is a question: Does the "Chao Attension" (Hard Mode) Code affect Chao's happiness when you're in any garden as I've noticed Chao happiness in other gardens is going down significantly! :herocry: :chaocry: :darkcry: <- What I fear will happen.

The second is a visual bug with the Alignment for Chaobot Code which causes Chaobots to repetitively change colour (multiple times per second) in the elevator platform thing and during the fade out of the ceremony. I hope you can find someway to fix it! Still, good luck!
What, Christmas ended? Whatever, I'm leaving the decorations up!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
Anyway it's still sold out and I'm still selling! Buy It!
Lucynom
Egg
Egg
Motto: Meow~

Post by Lucynom »

Wow thank you that you created this mod <3
It's like an official update from Sega. I'm so happy, that so much people are loving the chao garden in SAB2 like me. :herosway:
ChaoGardenBuster
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Jack the Person wrote:I know I'm a bit late but:

THANK YOU! Wow Colour!

EDIT 1:

2 things I'd like to add, the first is a question: Does the "Chao Attension" (Hard Mode) Code affect Chao's happiness when you're in any garden as I've noticed Chao happiness in other gardens is going down significantly! :herocry: :chaocry: :darkcry: <- What I fear will happen.

The second is a visual bug with the Alignment for Chaobot Code which causes Chaobots to repetitively change colour (multiple times per second) in the elevator platform thing and during the fade out of the ceremony. I hope you can find someway to fix it! Still, good luck!

The Chao Attention code works like this. Each minute that passes while your in a garden, the chao that are in the garden will lose happiness by 1. So that means make sure you make all your chao happy and don't leave one out! As for the Chao bot code, i'm not sure if that's fixable.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

ChaoGardenBuster wrote:
Jack the Person wrote:I know I'm a bit late but:

THANK YOU! Wow Colour!

EDIT 1:

The Chao Attention code works like this. Each minute that passes while your in a garden, the chao that are in the garden will lose happiness by 1. So that means make sure you make all your chao happy and don't leave one out! As for the Chao bot code, i'm not sure if that's fixable.
Right, thanks for clearing this up for me!

I'm also selling a Heart Fruit, I thought buying the last would make it more valuable and increase the demand, it didn't.
shlim
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by shlim »

Thank you for the mod but I have a problem. The game crashes sometimes when I'm in the Chao Garden. It freezes and I get the message that sonic2app.exe has stopped working. I tried disabling the mod altogether, which fixes the crashes as far as I know but this mod is too great to not use. I also tried disabling a few codes but I can't really pinpoint which mod is causing the issues. Google wasn't helpful either. :heroangry:

Did any one of you have similar problems? If so, how do I fix it? Any advice would be appreciated! :surprise:
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

shlim wrote:Thank you for the mod but I have a problem. The game crashes sometimes when I'm in the Chao Garden. It freezes and I get the message that sonic2app.exe has stopped working. I tried disabling the mod altogether, which fixes the crashes as far as I know but this mod is too great to not use. I also tried disabling a few codes but I can't really pinpoint which mod is causing the issues. Google wasn't helpful either. :heroangry:

Did any one of you have similar problems? If so, how do I fix it? Any advice would be appreciated! :surprise:
What mods and codes did you enable before the crash happen ?

Do the crash happen when you enter the chao garden ? Or when you exit chao garden ?

Do that crash in hero and dark garden too ?
shlim
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by shlim »

DarkyBenji wrote:
shlim wrote:Thank you for the mod but I have a problem. The game crashes sometimes when I'm in the Chao Garden. It freezes and I get the message that sonic2app.exe has stopped working. I tried disabling the mod altogether, which fixes the crashes as far as I know but this mod is too great to not use. I also tried disabling a few codes but I can't really pinpoint which mod is causing the issues. Google wasn't helpful either. :heroangry:

Do the crash happen when you enter the chao garden ? Or when you exit chao garden ?

Thank you for the quick reply.

Mods enabled: Chao World Extended, Run in Backgroundand HD Chao Texture.

Codes enabled:
- CWE, (Advanced) Chao Karate have Medal / Medal Chao can make Jewel Chao / Mixing Colors / Unlock Mega Evolution
- (Controller only) Zoom camera and change items in Black Market
- (Detail) Random alignment for Chao bot / Better personality / AI Evolution / More and random chao faces / More animation
- (Race) Secret challenger / Win Jewel Chao in Jewel Race / Buster Race

More info: It never crashed upon entering the garden but today it crashed when I exited. The crashes occur randomly and I'm not sure how to recreate the crash. It didn't occur in the Hero Garden yet (the only one I have unlocked right now) but I'm mostly in the Normal Garden. I will sit a little in the Hero Garden and see if it crashes.

Edit: It crashed right now after leaving normal garden! :herocry:
Edit2: Also crash upon leaving Hero Garden.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

shlim wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:

Thank you for the quick reply.

Mods enabled: Chao World Extended, Run in Backgroundand HD Chao Texture.

Codes enabled:
- CWE, (Advanced) Chao Karate have Medal / Medal Chao can make Jewel Chao / Mixing Colors / Unlock Mega Evolution
- (Controller only) Zoom camera and change items in Black Market
- (Detail) Random alignment for Chao bot / Better personality / AI Evolution / More and random chao faces / More animation
- (Race) Secret challenger / Win Jewel Chao in Jewel Race / Buster Race

More info: It never crashed upon entering the garden but today it crashed when I exited. The crashes occur randomly and I'm not sure how to recreate the crash. It didn't occur in the Hero Garden yet (the only one I have unlocked right now) but I'm mostly in the Normal Garden. I will sit a little in the Hero Garden and see if it crashes.

Edit: It crashed right now after leaving normal garden! :herocry:
Edit2: Also crash upon leaving Hero Garden.
crash after leaving chao garden can happen from the game, and not the mods (that happen to me before create mods)
so maybe you're unlucky

crash after exit in hero garden, never see that, i should try

welp i will see where do that come from, i will edit this post after many test so don't forget to check
shlim
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by shlim »

Not only that, it can crash randomly while standing in the garden too! I often leave it minimized for a half an hour or something and when I return, it would crash immediately after jumping (tested with Sonic and Knuckles) or turning the camera. Not every time but often enough to be annoying. :heroangry: But that can be fixed by immediately pausing and quitting the game (and thus saving chao data).

Edit: It never happened before, but it crashed when entering Chao World from the stage select.
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

shlim wrote:Not only that, it can crash randomly while standing in the garden too! I often leave it minimized for a half an hour or something and when I return, it would crash immediately after jumping (tested with Sonic and Knuckles) or turning the camera. Not every time but often enough to be annoying. :heroangry: But that can be fixed by immediately pausing and quitting the game (and thus saving chao data).

Edit: It never happened before, but it crashed when entering Chao World from the stage select.
have you tried without mods and codes to see if you still get crash ? :herowalk:
did you install other mods than chao world extended ?

because it's been 3 hours i play, and not crash found (well..except i got sometime a crash when i start the game, but that's the port)

i would like to see your pc config
shlim
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by shlim »

Little update: I enabled the file log tick in the mod manager. After crashing again (while I was afk getting coffee) I looked at the SA2ModLoader.log file and it said this at the very end:
Spoiler:
Loading ChaoStgNeut

ChaoStgNeut Prolog

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/al_mm_kage.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
header 0

bss 0

bssEnd 3

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/MPB/bank12_n_garden/12.csb
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
ChaoStgNeut Constructor

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/al_stg_neut_tex.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/set_chao_neut_s.bin
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/set_chao_neut_u.bin
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Loading AL_NEUT_OBJ_TEX.gvm

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/AL_NEUT_OBJ_TEX.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/efftex_common.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Read pak file: .\resource\gd_PC\prs\objtex_common.pak
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/stg00_light.bin
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Can not Read file: gd_
Maybe this can help pinpoint the problem but I can't make much sense of it. The last line said it can't read a file.

DarkyBenji wrote: have you tried without mods and codes to see if you still get crash ? :herowalk:
did you install other mods than chao world extended ?

because it's been 3 hours i play, and not crash found (well..except i got sometime a crash when i start the game, but that's the port)

i would like to see your pc config
No other mods installed though I will try running it without mods.

My pc config (hope this is right):
Spoiler:
Operating System: Windows 7
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 3072MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3072MB RAM
Page File: 2064MB used, 4076MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

ok after some research about the crash, i notice that the game (not the mod) have some missing files (GG sega)
this is why in the log there some line that say "can not read"

so i will let you try this :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8qrmxb2dpttg ... f0OJa?dl=0

download those 2 files and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC

then play the game with the mods, and tell me if you got any crash

btw your computer config is fine
you're using the sonic2app.exe of chao world extended right ?
shlim
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by shlim »

DarkyBenji wrote:ok after some research about the crash, i notice that the game (not the mod) have some missing files (GG sega)
this is why in the log there some line that say "can not read"

so i will let you try this :
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8qrmxb2dpttg ... f0OJa?dl=0

download those 2 files and put it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC

then play the game with the mods, and tell me if you got any crash

btw your computer config is fine
you're using the sonic2app.exe of chao world extended right ?
I use the save & play option from the mod manager most of the time. I tried with the .exe just now but that gave me the same problem as with mod manager save & play option.

I put both files in the gd_PC folder but it crashed three times in a row when I tried to leave the garden with a chao!
This is what the log says every time I checked after the crash:
Spoiler:
Loading ChaoStgNeut

ChaoStgNeut Prolog

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/al_mm_kage.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
header 0

bss 0

bssEnd 3

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/MPB/bank12_n_garden/12.csb
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
ChaoStgNeut Constructor

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/al_stg_neut_tex.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/set_chao_neut_s.bin
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/set_chao_neut_u.bin
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Loading AL_NEUT_OBJ_TEX.gvm

Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/AL_NEUT_OBJ_TEX.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/efftex_common.PRS
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Read pak file: .\resource\gd_PC\prs\objtex_common.pak
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/stg00_light.bin
SOC_AsynDoWithNowLoading
Warning! Reading file: gd_PC/st
More missing files maybe?
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

welp, not missing files found

idk how i can help you with alot of random crash
disable HD chao texture, maybe your computer can't load fast enough and crash the game

Edit : did you enable Console in SA2modloader ? because that cause random crash
MistressEnvy
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by MistressEnvy »

Wow this mod looks really really great! (And because I found this, I also signed up to this glorious forum... :herosway: )

Keep up the good work, I am installing it now and look forward to playing your mod.
Jack the Person
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Is there a way to have HD textures and alternative mouth on at the same time? They both seem awesome. Thanks.

DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by DarkyBenji »

Jack the Person wrote:Is there a way to have HD textures and alternative mouth on at the same time? They both seem awesome. Thanks.
yeah make sure to load HD textures before alternative mouth (use the arrow to move the mod)