[SA2PC MOD] Chao World Extended v8.2: Monsters revive!

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Post Reply
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

tails852 wrote:I Dont Now If Is A Bug But The Code Chaos chao & Character Chao are like normal Chao Dont Afect My Chao Sonic Tails Knux Amy :chaocry:
Chao Sonic don't need this code because he already have acces to have animal parts and can mate other chao except Tails, Knux and Amy Chao

are you sure you enabled the code ? do you know what this code do ?
CADANAMAN wrote:
Triert wrote:Ever thought about putting hints and injokes from the website in your mod?
Where do you think he'd put something like that in the mod? Like a texture or something? Because that'd be weird maybe :walk:

Also, is it possible to edit text in the game, like when the Chao Doctor or Black Market Chao is talking to you?
Image
apparently, Yes
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
User avatar
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:13 am

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by tails852 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
tails852 wrote:I Dont Now If Is A Bug But The Code Chaos chao & Character Chao are like normal Chao Dont Afect My Chao Sonic Tails Knux Amy :chaocry:
Chao Sonic don't need this code because he already have acces to have animal parts and can mate other chao except Tails, Knux and Amy Chao

are you sure you enabled the code ? do you know what this code do ?
CADANAMAN wrote:
Triert wrote:Ever thought about putting hints and injokes from the website in your mod?
Where do you think he'd put something like that in the mod? Like a texture or something? Because that'd be weird maybe :walk:

Also, is it possible to edit text in the game, like when the Chao Doctor or Black Market Chao is talking to you?
Image
apparently, Yes
Nope I Se The Same Thing And No Other Codes Enabled
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

tails852 wrote: Nope I Se The Same Thing And No Other Codes Enabled
but do you know what this code do ? because i try to search the error and i didn't found it
all chao character (tails, knux and amy) work for all chao slot for me
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
User avatar
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:13 am

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by tails852 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
tails852 wrote: Nope I Se The Same Thing And No Other Codes Enabled
but do you know what this code do ? because i try to search the error and i didn't found it
all chao character (tails, knux and amy) work for all chao slot for me
If You Mean In The Chao Editor Yes It Works If You Mean The Chao Graden No
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

tails852 wrote: If You Mean In The Chao Editor Yes It Works If You Mean The Chao Graden No
Guess you don't know how this code work...
Chaos chao & Character Chao are like normal Chao
with this code your chaos chao and character chao (tails,knux,amy) can have animal part and can be mating with other chao !
and there are still immortal
did you see animal parts (if no... give him animal) or try to mating your character chao with other chao ? :blink:
because the point of this code is made the chaos chao and character chao (tails, knux, amy) not useless (because on the normal chao system, you can't put animal part in chaos chao and character chao, even mating don't work)

also why you actually use chao editor ? normally you don't need it for get special chao
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
User avatar
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:13 am

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by tails852 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
tails852 wrote: If You Mean In The Chao Editor Yes It Works If You Mean The Chao Graden No
Guess you don't know how this code work...
Chaos chao & Character Chao are like normal Chao
with this code your chaos chao and character chao (tails,knux,amy) can have animal part and can be mating with other chao !
and there are still immortal
did you see animal parts (if no... give him animal) or try to mating your character chao with other chao ? :blink:
because the point of this code is made the chaos chao and character chao (tails, knux, amy) not useless (because on the normal chao system, you can't put animal part in chaos chao and character chao, even mating don't work)

also why you actually use chao editor ? normally you don't need it for get special chao
Yes I Now The Animals Part But I Thinked Will Look Loke Normal Chao And I Never Say Is Useless So Thats The Reason Of Why My Chao Amy Dont Want To Mate

And I Use Fusion Chao Editor So If My Chao Die I Can Make Him Again :chaoangry:
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

tails852 wrote:Yes I Now The Animals Part But I Thinked Will Look Loke Normal Chao And I Never Say Is Useless So Thats The Reason Of Why My Chao Amy Dont Want To Mate
i say useless because of this : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44503 :blink:
-
and about your amy chao, she refuse to mate maybe because the garden where she live is full ?
because the chao refuse to mate if they're 8 or more in the garden :walk:
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
User avatar
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:13 am

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by tails852 »

DarkyBenji wrote:
tails852 wrote:Yes I Now The Animals Part But I Thinked Will Look Loke Normal Chao And I Never Say Is Useless So Thats The Reason Of Why My Chao Amy Dont Want To Mate
i say useless because of this : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44503 :blink:
-
and about your amy chao, she refuse to mate maybe because the garden where she live is full ?
because the chao refuse to mate if they're 8 or more in the garden :walk:
Wow I Did Not Now That I Will Try In Hero Graden I Have No Chao In There Thanks By The Information :wink:
User avatar
tails852
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 58
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:13 am

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by tails852 »

tails852 wrote:
DarkyBenji wrote:
tails852 wrote:Yes I Now The Animals Part But I Thinked Will Look Loke Normal Chao And I Never Say Is Useless So Thats The Reason Of Why My Chao Amy Dont Want To Mate
i say useless because of this : viewtopic.php?f=7&t=44503 :blink:
-
and about your amy chao, she refuse to mate maybe because the garden where she live is full ?
because the chao refuse to mate if they're 8 or more in the garden :walk:
Wow I Did Not Now That I Will Try In Hero Graden I Have No Chao In There Thanks By The Information :wink:
User avatar
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Posts: 383
Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 pm
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!
Location: England, UK
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by FrankT »

DarkyBenji wrote:
FrankT wrote:I've tried dropping my Chao in the lobby, but it hasn't done it for me. :surprise:
The code for drop chao on chao lobby is blocked by the code "chaos and character chao are like normal chao"

So disable this code to have back the secret code for drop chao on chao lobby
No, that's not even switched on. Am I missing something? Don't tell me it's restricted to XBox 360 controllers!
Image
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

FrankT wrote:No, that's not even switched on. Am I missing something? Don't tell me it's restricted to XBox 360 controllers!
well did you enable the main code of this mod (chao world extended) ? if yes :

for 360 you have to press X
for keyboard it's U

for other controllers, idk but it's one of 2 action button
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
User avatar
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 am
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.
Location: ...Don't turn around...

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by Ciao »

I don't know if it's possible, but I have a suggestion.

Is there a way to make one character "neutral," so that they don't influence the Chao's alignment?
User avatar
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:07 am
Motto: No johns, m8
Location: Smashville

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by CADANAMAN »

So, I know how it's possible to change the positions of objects in the gardens (like the pillars in the hero garden,) but is it possible to add in objects that weren't in the garden before? Like Hero garden pillars in the Chao Garden?

Also, Kind of a stretch of a concept, but what enables the rain in White Jungle? Is it some kind of value that just needs to be "true" or something in a level? I was wondering because I imagined rain in the Chao Garden, which I would totally love!
\\ moons idem oons idem oons idemoon si dem oon //
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Posts: 3215
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:59 pm
Motto: Blind Bookworm

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^I'm never one to say something is impossible, and Darky Bengie probably knows more about the current state of affairs than I do, but my thoughts are as follows:

Objects native to a garden are already loaded into memory, and moving them is a simple matter of changing it location data, and it probably isn't hard to make a copy of an object already in memory. Objects not native to a garden likely need to be loaded manually, and depending on how much level-specific code is involved, may not work properly outside of their native environment.

As for rain, I suspect it's only available on levels that use it, and even without that limitation, you would have to completely retexture each garden for things to look right(and probably mess with lighting as well). As cool as a mod that gave the gardens full day/night and seasonal cycles along with variable weather would be, every variation would be a complete reskin and would require injecting custom code into the binary to work properly.
User avatar
Speeps
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 2882
Joined: Fri Oct 16, 2009 3:17 pm
Location: Wales, UK
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by Speeps »

Here's an idea:

Image

Would that look good if you could make it say "Welcome to Chao World!" in the mission box or something about the mod maybe?
yourtoast4
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by yourtoast4 »

DarkyBenji you have managed to get unused fruit into the black market but what about unused eggs? by the way great mod pack :darkhappy: some reason my chao went tranceparant after it reincarnated is this something to do with the medal make jewel chao code? also cant wait for v5 if there is going to be one :D
User avatar
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:07 am
Motto: No johns, m8
Location: Smashville

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by CADANAMAN »

Spoiler:
Jeffery Mewtamer wrote:^I'm never one to say something is impossible, and Darky Bengie probably knows more about the current state of affairs than I do, but my thoughts are as follows:

Objects native to a garden are already loaded into memory, and moving them is a simple matter of changing it location data, and it probably isn't hard to make a copy of an object already in memory. Objects not native to a garden likely need to be loaded manually, and depending on how much level-specific code is involved, may not work properly outside of their native environment.

As for rain, I suspect it's only available on levels that use it, and even without that limitation, you would have to completely retexture each garden for things to look right(and probably mess with lighting as well). As cool as a mod that gave the gardens full day/night and seasonal cycles along with variable weather would be, every variation would be a complete reskin and would require injecting custom code into the binary to work properly.
This is kind of how I imagined it as well. It looks like we still have a long way to go for some things :heroblink:
EDIT: also, welcome yourtoast4!
\\ moons idem oons idem oons idemoon si dem oon //
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

Ciao wrote:I don't know if it's possible, but I have a suggestion.

Is there a way to make one character "neutral," so that they don't influence the Chao's alignment?
No, there's too many dynamic value, so it's impossible except edit the EXE (and i'm not 100% good with that)
CADANAMAN wrote:So, I know how it's possible to change the positions of objects in the gardens (like the pillars in the hero garden,) but is it possible to add in objects that weren't in the garden before? Like Hero garden pillars in the Chao Garden?

Also, Kind of a stretch of a concept, but what enables the rain in White Jungle? Is it some kind of value that just needs to be "true" or something in a level? I was wondering because I imagined rain in the Chao Garden, which I would totally love!
the problem with object, there are the same value
the pillard of hero garden have the same value of the leaf of chao garden

by edit the exe i can only "replace" the leaf of chao garden with the pillard of hero garden
i can swap garden model, but it's too glitchy (also i can make the chao lobby on garden by replace 1 of 3 other gardens)
JmTsHaW wrote:Here's an idea:

http://tcrf.net/images/thumb/b/b5/SA2PC ... evel_0.png

Would that look good if you could make it say "Welcome to Chao World!" in the mission box or something about the mod maybe?
for appear a mission text in the chao world, i must set the level id to 0, but if i set the level id to 0, you can't acces to other level like city escape
it's a good idea, maybe i can do that by editing the exe, but i must found the value first
yourtoast4 wrote:DarkyBenji you have managed to get unused fruit into the black market but what about unused eggs? by the way great mod pack :darkhappy: some reason my chao went tranceparant after it reincarnated is this something to do with the medal make jewel chao code? also cant wait for v5 if there is going to be one :D
what do you mean by unused eggs ? you mean the egg two-tone colors ? you can have these eggs by getting a two-tone colors chao
or when a two-tones colors chao reincarnate

also you say your chao became transparent after it reincarnated ? that's not possible because i didn't put a code to change something when a chao reincarnate

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

by the way, in the futur version, we have new colors !

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

i can make more colors, but i will see if i can use all of them
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
User avatar
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 am
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.
Location: ...Don't turn around...

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by Ciao »

I do have one more question.

This pillar right here...

http://i.imgur.com/y7QgFaf.jpg

MUST it be right there? My chao are constantly getting stuck on it, since it's right in the way of that part of the garden.


EDIT: Also, IDK if it has been asked, but is it possible to fix the bright chao glitch without using black chao mode?
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

Ciao wrote:I do have one more question.

This pillar right here...

http://i.imgur.com/y7QgFaf.jpg

MUST it be right there? My chao are constantly getting stuck on it, since it's right in the way of that part of the garden.


EDIT: Also, IDK if it has been asked, but is it possible to fix the bright chao glitch without using black chao mode?
about bright chao, no one asked because i say on the first post that i can't fix it for the moment (because i don't know where is the error, i must search again)

and for the pillar, i put this pillar here because this is exactly where he was in the dc garden
because i'm agree, this pillar stuck many chao, so i fixed the problem.. by remove it

Image

also new advanced code : Mixing Colors
with this code you have more colors by mating chao colors (except transparent)

here 4 example :
Spoiler:
Image+Image=Image
Image+Image=Image
Image+Image=Image
Image+Image=Image
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
User avatar
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 am
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.
Location: ...Don't turn around...

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by Ciao »

This is looking amazing man! Keep up the good work. :)
User avatar
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Posts: 64
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:38 am
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.
Location: ...Don't turn around...

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by Ciao »

Sorry for the double post, but I do have a question:

What causes the bright chao to be fixed in the coding for the black chao?
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

Ciao wrote:Sorry for the double post, but I do have a question:

What causes the bright chao to be fixed in the coding for the black chao?
the bright chao glitch it's a shiny chao with no shiny texture loaded (or wrong texture loaded), the solution it's change something in Data_DLL.dll or sonic2app.exe for use correctly the shiny texture for shiny two-tone chao (maybe, i'm not sure at 100% if it's the texture error or code error)

i say that because by removing the shiny texture in al_body, i got monotone bright chao

and by curious i change chao texture white to black
and with the bright chao glitch, the result is kinda awesome

that's why i made black chao mode because it's look cool with the bright chao glitch
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
yourtoast4
Child Chao
Child Chao
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 6:09 pm

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by yourtoast4 »

this chao is suppost to be a normal hero run (not evolved yet) but it went tranceparant as it got older


http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/331 ... 92FC11F3D/


:dark:

also what i mean by unused eggs. there is an unused egg whitch is the regular shiny egg.
User avatar
DarkyBenji
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Posts: 527
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:41 pm
Motto: An Artist that is also a Modder
Location: Darky kindergarten
Contact:

Re: [SA2 MOD] Chao World Extended v4.5 : Tree Fixed, Huge Up

Post by DarkyBenji »

yourtoast4 wrote:this chao is suppost to be a normal hero run (not evolved yet) but it went tranceparant as it got older


http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/331 ... 92FC11F3D/


:dark:

also what i mean by unused eggs. there is an unused egg whitch is the regular shiny egg.
oh, that's because you enable the code Unlock Mega/monster Evolution
and you baby become transparent, because she's on mega (yes, that work for baby too) and his run reach 2500
Image
───────────────────────────────────────────────────
YoutubeOther ModsDeviantArt Image
Post Reply