Running SA2 on Steam in the background

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Drouge »

When running SA2B in windowed mode and tabbing out of it, the game pauses itself, likely to preserve processor power for other things. Anyone know of a way to force it to keep running, so I can run a chao garden on my second monitor, rather than having to keep the window in focus all the time?

I ask in here since it's less a chao question and probably involves some kind of file editing.
CADANAMAN
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: Running SA2 on Steam in the background

Post by CADANAMAN »

Ah yes, you should check out DarkyBenji's thread on "Chao World Extended", it's a mod pack which lets you do all kinds of stuff. One of the things you can enable there is for the game to keep running while the window isn't active. It only works in windowed mode for now, not fullscreen. Hope that helps!
\\ moons idem oons idem oons idemoon si dem oon //
Spoiler:
What it do, B?
Drouge
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Running SA2 on Steam in the background

Post by Drouge »

Wait, huh? I looked through that thread and didn't see that function.
DarkyBenji wrote:Run in Background
this mods don't stop the game when the game windows is inactif, so you can do other things and the chao grow up
note : Don't work on fullscreen
How did I miss this. Thanks, man, 'preciate it!
Kavomatovlraf
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Kavomatovlraf »

If you want to run the server in the background we recommend using the screen utility.

If you are not familiar with it you may want to read the manpages first.