Chao Viewer 1.2 [2/3/2018]

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Oneybw
Egg
Egg

Re: Chao Viewer 1.2 [2/3/2018]

Post by Oneybw »

This is a great application. Though theres a shader glitch in the android version of the program. It makes a strong blue light that messes with viewing the colors on the chao.

Youve done an awesome job with the updates, and the animal features with accessories are the cherry on top👌
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

An updated web app is in the works - Not sure if the mobile app can be updated to reflect the changes, Justin is the man to answer that question!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
friendlifyre
Egg
Egg

Post by friendlifyre »

I know this would probably be more work than I can understand, but I'll take my chances and ask anyway: would it be at all possible to download/save the 3D models themselves (after toying with them until they look like we want them to) as .obj files (for example) to mess and play around with outside of the viewer itself ?

Regardless, thank you for making this. It's very fun and useful !
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Nessie »

friendlifyre wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:46 am I know this would probably be more work than I can understand, but I'll take my chances and ask anyway: would it be at all possible to download/save the 3D models themselves (after toying with them until they look like we want them to) as .obj files (for example) to mess and play around with outside of the viewer itself ?

Regardless, thank you for making this. It's very fun and useful !
You can do that yourself. You can rip the models with ninja-ripper then turn them into obj files with noesis and then put them all together and texture them in blender.

It requires more steps then just exporting a file but this is soo much better then it would of been trying to do this in game.
Tails Prower
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: just a dumb argentinian doing stuff

Post by Tails Prower »

Sorry for posting on an old post...

But the Android link is taken down.
Why we cannot have a Sonic Adventure 3? I mean... it could be cool...stop saying werid things, SEGA, and make the freaking sequel!!
:thinking: :herosurprise: :darkblink:
Tails Prower
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: just a dumb argentinian doing stuff

Post by Tails Prower »

Android link broken
Why we cannot have a Sonic Adventure 3? I mean... it could be cool...stop saying werid things, SEGA, and make the freaking sequel!!
:thinking: :herosurprise: :darkblink:
Eradivision
Egg
Egg
Motto: Never forget the past. Look towards the future!

Post by Eradivision »

Justin113D wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:33 pm update 1.2:
- now available for Mac
- Importing chao from Sonic adventure 2 now possible (simply put your .chao file into the folder with your other chao files)
- Twitter information
- tiny bug fixes
Now, I have a sincere request and/or question to ask;
Would it be possible to change these into proper 3D models? For something like 3D animation or proper editing? :thinking:
I was thinking about how that would work, and came to the conclusion to come over to this forum to ask for advice/help :surprise:
Currently, I have a model that I would want to edit a little for a project! If there's a way to do that; maybe in a future update, that would be the best! :sway:

By the way! Here's mine!!!
I wanted some (animal) parts to be darkened, or at least more or less more of the same color palette I'm going for; but, this will do. :darksway:
Nessie wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:45 pm You can do that yourself. You can rip the models with ninja-ripper then turn them into obj files with noesis and then put them all together and texture them in blender.

It requires more steps then just exporting a file but this is soo much better then it would of been trying to do this in game.
Well, it isn't as simple as that. I've tried doing it myself and I couldn't seem to accomplish anything, so; we need a much better answer than "use this software instead" because, some people do NOT have a chao model on hand. :darkno:
Honestly? This was what I thought my chao was going to become when it grew up. Though, I lost my Memory card and everything; and the only way to experience it again is with a 3D model; but as if he has reached a whole other level... It would make me happy to see him again in a brand new form. :darkhappy: