Chao Viewer 1.2 [2/3/2018]

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Oneybw
Egg
Egg

Re: Chao Viewer 1.2 [2/3/2018]

Post by Oneybw »

This is a great application. Though theres a shader glitch in the android version of the program. It makes a strong blue light that messes with viewing the colors on the chao.

Youve done an awesome job with the updates, and the animal features with accessories are the cherry on top👌
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

An updated web app is in the works - Not sure if the mobile app can be updated to reflect the changes, Justin is the man to answer that question!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
friendlifyre
Egg
Egg

Post by friendlifyre »

I know this would probably be more work than I can understand, but I'll take my chances and ask anyway: would it be at all possible to download/save the 3D models themselves (after toying with them until they look like we want them to) as .obj files (for example) to mess and play around with outside of the viewer itself ?

Regardless, thank you for making this. It's very fun and useful !
Nessie
Youth Chao
Youth Chao

Post by Nessie »

friendlifyre wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 2:46 am I know this would probably be more work than I can understand, but I'll take my chances and ask anyway: would it be at all possible to download/save the 3D models themselves (after toying with them until they look like we want them to) as .obj files (for example) to mess and play around with outside of the viewer itself ?

Regardless, thank you for making this. It's very fun and useful !
You can do that yourself. You can rip the models with ninja-ripper then turn them into obj files with noesis and then put them all together and texture them in blender.

It requires more steps then just exporting a file but this is soo much better then it would of been trying to do this in game.