SADX Shiny Jewels fixed!

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Exant
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

SADX Shiny Jewels fixed!

Post by Exant »

So after a week of struggling and hex editing and RAM editing I found the actual location for the glitched Shiny Jewel colors in the exe and edited them to be transparent like in the GC versions.
https://imgur.com/a/gyw5A pic of shiny jewel black
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kqxWs ... fSGGDTkr9i 2004 PC EXE version if don't have mod loader.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/16C8oj4 ... sp=sharing this is the ModLoader version. Just paste it into the mods folder and enable it!
Credit to:
DarkyBenji for telling me the default color RGB values so I can find in the SADX exe
LimitCrown for somehow figuring out some of the Shiny Jewel colors so I can look them up
MainMemory for telling me a lot of info about modding
Last edited by Exant on Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
azureprism
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: without memes i will die

Re: SADX Shiny Jewels fixed!

Post by azureprism »

Oh, wow! I'm probably never going to try breed a shiny jewel myself, but this could be really helpful for anyone that wants to. Nonetheless, it's great to see that people are still trying to fix up what things the PC ports did to the Chao system compared to the Gamecube releases.

Is there any chance that I could ask where you, DarkyBenji and LimitCrown found the RGB values for certain Chao colours - is it in the .EXE itself or one of the specific internal files? That's something I've been wondering about for ages - I originally thought it would have been in one of the same types of files that tells the game which colours to use for the Hero Chao textures.
Exant
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Exant »

It's located in the exe, both in SA2 and SADX. Shiny jewel colors are at 0048A3D8. BTW I'm working on a mod loader version of this since I found the colors in the exe ram which means I can modify runtime.
EDIT: default colors are in offset 0349D829.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

I don't think can use the .exe with the Steam version, but if you can make a modloader version there's chance it'll work with it if the Better SADX mod is installed.

At least as far as my understanding of what Better SADX changes is concerned.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Exant
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by Exant »

I just ported it to mod loader! Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16C8oj4 ... sp=sharing
BulletDrugz
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by BulletDrugz »

Would your way of finding the shiny jewel glitched values have any bearing on how to find them in SA2? I know the systems are different and SA2 is newer/more advanced in a sense, but I don't know how different the two are in comparison to coding. I'm just asking out of curiosity lol
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^While I can't answer the technical question, I think it worth noting that SADX is actually newer than SA2B, and that while Sonic Team neglected to fix many bugs from the Dreamcast original and introduced many downgrades in the graphics in the port first to GC and then to Windows, they did backport the SA2 Chao System.

Granted, the Chao System in the Steam and PS360 versions of SA1 are some Frankenstein mix of the SA1DC and SADX Chao Systems from what I understand, but no one cares about the Steam version of SA1 and the only major mod for it as I understand is a conversion mod to turn it into the original 2004 Windows Port of SADX.
BulletDrugz
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by BulletDrugz »

^ I didn't know exactly how to phrase my question, I just wanted to know some coding differences between the two games. Thanks for your insight though, I didn't know that about the ports :chaohappy: