[SA2B PC] Chao Editor not recognizing the game?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
peridoitsu
Egg
Egg

[SA2B PC] Chao Editor not recognizing the game?

Post by peridoitsu »

hello everyone! i wanted ask for help since i've had the fusion chao editor for a while and worked fine. My issue is that I just bought Sonic Adventure 2 Battle through Steam, and I had another pirated version of the game where I had all my chaos, I was planning to move my chaos from the pirate version to the steam version but when I tried to use the chao editore with my steam's copy of the game it wouldn't recognize it. Does anyone know what can I do to fix this? I don't have any mods or anything and I have the 2.3 version of the chao editor :herocry:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: [SA2B PC] Chao Editor not recognizing the game?

Post by ChillyChao »

Run as Administrator. That's what i did.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: [SA2B PC] Chao Editor not recognizing the game?

Post by chaoadventures »

Chances are Fusion's Chao Editor is either made to ignore pirated copies, or what ever it uses to detect games is blocked by the pirated game (presumably so it can run).

But, if you're just trying to retrieve your chao files, I see no reason that the pirated copy of the game wouldn't save them in an identical fashion, in the same folder even.

Based on the official release, you should be able to find your save files (for both chao and the main game), hidden in a folder in the "Sonic Adventure 2" folder itself, called "resource", then going to one called "gd_PC", and then one labeled "SAVEDATA".

The end result should look like something like this.

Take the files from that folder (specifically, the one with "ALF" in its name is the chao data), and then move them to the same folder for the official Steam version.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.