Game just crashes when trying to enter the extended chao world.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
benderew
Egg
Egg

Game just crashes when trying to enter the extended chao world.

Post by benderew »

Hello im completely new to Sonic Adventure 2 modding and have just come over from playing this game on xbox and thought the extended chao world mod looked awesome so id give it a try. I followed this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9BlZki9VfQ to install the mod loader and all the files for the mod and i also followed the installation instructions on the main mod page, however after i select all the mods/codes that i want to enable in the mod loader and then try entering the extended chao world with any character or after collecting a chao key, the game just crashes. Ive tried enabling and disabling different mods and codes but im still having no luck, the game just crashes. Theres also alot of people on that video saying the game is crashing as well... If i completely uninstall the mod loader and disable every mod/code, i can enter the chao world with no problems at all. Im running windows 8.1 and im using the steam version of sonic adventure 2 (and yes ive made sure that both the extended chao world mod and code are both enabled).

if it helps i looked at the mod command line to find out why it crashes and i found this error:

Warning! Can not Read File: gd_PC/camset0090s.binSOC_AsynDoWithCurrentFrame

Hope someone can help me.