How to more easily understand the hexidecimal of the PS3 chao data?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 3 weeks old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
MapleSyrup506
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: AAAHHHHH!!!

How to more easily understand the hexidecimal of the PS3 chao data?

Post by MapleSyrup506 »

Heyo! I was wondering if there was any way to more easily understand/translate the hexidecimal of the PS3 edition of SA2, since I do not know GARBAGE about hexidecimal. I wanted to hack PS3 edition because I recently found out that there is no way to get jewel/textured chao on PS3 through legitimate means, and you KNOW I want some textured chao. :chaocry: Like moon chao, or ruby chao, or some glass or leaf chao... that would be cool. Unfortunately, even though PS3 decryptors exist, it converts it straight to hex. I do not know anything about hex. Like, literally nothing. :chaoangry: I know how some other languages work, like Python and Java, but not hex. Should've gotten it for PC... I even have a newborn twotone normal Chao with NO STAT INFLUENCE AT ALL that I could experiment on if hacking the eggs is harder/impossible.

Also I'd like to access some of the unused black market items just for fun.
:darkblah: bleehhhhh :darkblah:
we get silly with it :chaohappy: