[XBOX 360 & PC] Converting Chao Save Files?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
allan_b2smoove
Egg
Egg

[XBOX 360 & PC] Converting Chao Save Files?

Post by allan_b2smoove »

Is there any known way to convert a chao garden save from the PC to an Xbox 360 save? Thanks for any info! :surprise:
Mandymom
Child Chao
Child Chao

Re: [XBOX 360 & PC] Converting Chao Save Files?

Post by Mandymom »

Try using a hex editor, though I'm not sure how you would get it onto your 360.
Froody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Froody »

Yes this is possible, I'm hopefully going to release a save editor that will allow you to save the file as a console save file or a PC save file(it's already complete but I'm just testing it). I don't have a PS3 but I assume it will work just the same as with the Xbox 360 but you'd get your save differently. PC save is "SONIC2B__ALF" in the SAVEDATA folder and the Xbox 360 save is called "SonicAdventure2ChaoGarden" but you need to extract the "savedata.bin" from that using a tool like Horizon.

Edit: If anyone would like this done while I'm still working on the tool, you can send me your chao save file and I'll convert it to whatever platform you want.
Froody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Froody »

Hi, not sure if you're still looking to do this but I've made a tool capable of this!

I posted it here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=49394

If you load your SONIC2B__ALF(PC chao save file) into the tool, you can then save as a console save. It'll save the file as savedata.bin.
To get this file onto your Xbox 360, make sure you create a chao save file normally on your Xbox 360. Once you have a chao save file you'll want to take out your USB with the Xbox 360 save on and put it into your computer.
You'll need a tool like Horizon to access the data properly, Horizon should show your USB device and then you can go to Games>Sonic Adventure 2 and double click "SonicAdventure2 Chao Garden"(under the file will have Profile: <profile>, choose the SonicAdventure2 Chao Garden file for whatever profile you want the save to go to). It should open a new window with the save, you can click "Contents" at the bottom right and then right click on "savedata.bin" then click "replace". Choose the savedata.bin that was made with the tool I made. After you've done that click "Save, Rehash, and Resign" at the top left and you should be good!

You could also do this in reverse to get your Xbox 360 save onto PC, when you open the Chao Garden file in Horizon instead of replacing the savedata.bin you'd right click it and extract it. Then load the savedata.bin into my tool and save as a PC save, then you'd stick the SONIC2B__ALF generated into your PC save folder!