Is there anyway to hack/edit SA2/SA2B on Xbox360/One?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
JustSomeKidRoaming
Egg
Egg

Is there anyway to hack/edit SA2/SA2B on Xbox360/One?

Post by JustSomeKidRoaming »

I was wanting to get all of the special and event chaos, but I know I would need a hack/editor to get those.
Please tell me! :sway: :sway:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Is there anyway to hack/edit SA2/SA2B on Xbox360/One?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Can it be done? Probably.

Is there a pre-existing, user-friendly method of doing so? Not to my knowledge.
Froody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Froody »

Yes there is, it requires a modified console though (JTAG/RGH). I'm working on a tool for this right now. I'm sure it's possible to edit save files too, I'll look into that if I get the time.

Edit: Save file editing is possible, I've made a save editor that will work with PC and Xbox 360. You'll even be able to save individual chao and send them from your Xbox 360 save to your PC save and vice versa (the saves are not directly the same but I can have options to save for PC or save for Xbox 360). The way it will work is you use a tool like Horizon to extract the savedata.bin from the ChaoGardenSave file and then you'll edit it and place it back into the ChaoGardenSave file.
Froody
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Froody »

Hi, I've made a tool that can do this now!
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=49394

You'll want to put the USB with your chao save on into your computer, then use a tool like Horizon to view the data. Horizon should detect the USB and then you can click Games>Sonic Adventure 2 and double click the "SonicAdventure2 Chao Garden" file you want to edit. It'll open up a window with the save file, click "Contents" at the bottom left and right click the "savedata.bin" and extract. Open this savedata.bin in the tool I made and make and changes you want to, then save as a Console save. Take the saved file(it may be called savedata1.bin, you'll have to rename it to savedata.bin) and then right click the savedata.bin again in Horizon except instead of extracting the file you'll want to replace it with the edited one. Once that's done click "Save, Rehash, and Resign" at the top left and you should be good to use your modified save file on your Xbox 360.