anyone know chaos chao cheats?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Mztable
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Emulation is the key to techs past.

anyone know chaos chao cheats?

Post by Mztable »

I'm working on a chaos chao right now but I'm getting impatient with reicarnation. any way to make it faster?
:heroblink: :omochao:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: anyone know chaos chao cheats?

Post by ChillyChao »

If you're on PC: Fusion's Chao Editor
If you're on any other console: Idk i don't play this anymore
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
Mztable
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Emulation is the key to techs past.

Post by Mztable »

I'm using (and don't judge me) a dreamcast emulator, so...
:heroblink: :omochao:
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I don't know the specific emulator you're using, but you might be able to speed things up by either unthrottling the emulation(so the game runs as fast as your computer can handle) or employing features to speed things up on slower machines that aren't needed on yours.

Whether speeding up gameplay will actually speed up the clock depends on how the game and emulator keep track of time, which I'll admit to being clueless.

You could try typing things like "unthrottle [emulator name]" or "make [emulator name] run faster" into Google or your search engine of choice for more details ono how to do this on your specific emulator.

If your emulator has GameShark/ActionReplay style functionality, there might be some codes out there for editing Chao, but I remember reading that some versions of the game randomize where in ram they store the data of active Chao, and most cheat devices rely on a game having a static foot print in ram(after all, what most cheat devices do is change specific bytes at specific addresses, and that only works in a predictable manner if the same bit of data is always in the same place).