Stop Chao from throwing their Food

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Sonicjan
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Stop Chao from throwing their Food

Post by Sonicjan »

Is there a mod to finally stop Chao from throwing their food? It's just so annyoing, espesially after playing Tiny Chao Garden DX and Chao Resort Island for a bit and I really want to disable that...
Couldn't find anything on Google, though...

Any help would be much appreciated! :herosway:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Stop Chao from throwing their Food

Post by ChillyChao »

Chao do that when they're full. That's when you know you should stop feeding them, not keeping trying to feed them.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

I don't know of any mods that do this specifically, but if you use something like Fusion's Chao Editor, you can make sure that the Chao's hunger is always at it's max so that they don't throw their food. However, this comes at the expense of having to frequently check to see where their hunger is while feeding them, and you'll have to bring it back up to the max when it gets low.

EDIT: I should probably mention the fact that this doesn't actually work with fan games since Fusion's Chao Editor is only programmed to work with SADX and SA2.
Sonicjan
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Post by Sonicjan »

I don't know why, but even when not feeding them for a longer time, they won't eat up their fruits entirely and throw them midway through eating... I would really like having a system like in the Tiny Chao Garden, where your Chao eats the whole fruit, as long as it's belly-bar has at least one free space. When it's full, the Chao just won't eat the fruit at all. It's so much better that way!

Having a mood- and belly-bar would also be very helpful and would make it, so that the Tiny Chao Garden and the "normal" Chao Gardens are more in line with each other.
I don't like using Fusion's Chao Editor, since I get the urge to just make a perfect max-stat Chao, instead of caring for them and helping them level up... It also feels a bit like cheating...