Looking for a mod, wonder if it exists

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Looking for a mod, wonder if it exists

Post by Aringon »

Is there a mod that adds the Jewel Eggs back in to SA2B PC? I see they're all in SADX, but for some reason removed in SA2B. I like to have a chao in the garden with an egg shell hat of their color, but since Jewel Eggs arent in SA2B I can't always pull this off. I would just play SADX instead, but I just prefer SA2B chao garden with the Kindergarten and things.

tl;dr I need a mod that adds additional eggs in to SA2B. Is this possible?
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Re: Looking for a mod, wonder if it exists

Post by chaoadventures »

Chao World Extended has a code to get some Jewel chao eggs after winning the Jewel Races.

It's been a while since I've used it, so I don't exactly remember if the eggs themselves are normal or jewel colored, but I believe they're jewel colored.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

The textures/DNA for Jewel Chao exist in SA2B already. The EGGS and their EGGSHELL hats do not. I am looking for a mod to add the literal eggs and eggshells to the game, not just a way to obtain a Jewel Chao. SADX has these Jewel eggs, as well as a Pearl and Glass egg iirc, I need them added to SA2B. Possibly moon chao egg as well if anybody can make one. I assume it's possible to find the eggs in the memory somewhere and rip them from SADX in to SA2B I just don't know if anybody has done so or is working on it.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

The eggs themselves are in SA2B as well. The problem is obtaining them, since the Tiny Chao Garden is gone, but the models and textures for the actual eggs very much do exist in the PC version.

- - -
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

Fusions chao editor doesn't detect them though? I've tried and every time I try and have a jewel egg it transforms in to a "glitchy normal" Are you sure they're in the steam release? They also don't appear in the Black Market change items stuff.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

I can't speak on Fusion's Editor, since I've never found a way to change egg colors in the first place.

However, the game itself has the necessary files if I remember correctly, with the model being the standard egg and the texture on the outside being the same one the jewel chao inside use.

- - -
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

Alright, I just won a Jewel Chao egg and it indeed has the proper texture on it, but the bronze egg hatched a lime green. After obtaining a second one, I see the egg as the proper Jewel color for a single frame after I leave the Chao Race before it changes to the bronze egg. So indeed the textures are in the game, but something weird is happening.
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by chaoadventures »

Strange.

Perhaps you can also transfer a .chao file of a SADX chao that has the eggshell on it? That might be smoother for you but I don't know if it works that way.

- - -
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

Tried that already, eggshell changes to glitchy normal. I'm trying to win a Jewel Chao with Fusions Chao editor closed right now to see if that's what is causing the glitch.
Last edited by Aringon on Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aringon
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Aringon »

Indeed having fusions chao editor attached to the process is what it causing the issue with the eggs changing color. I hope it can receive an update in the future to stop this issue. Unfortunately it's been 3 years since the last update...