Data_DLL.DLL couldn't be found??

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 4 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Data_DLL.DLL couldn't be found??

Post by Chao31 »

I wanna use CWE but everytime i go on the modloader, i get told that it cannot find the data_dll.dll file and removes the install loader optiion, i have the file but i don't have the battle DLC (Note: I copied and pasted this from my steam discussion but got no answer on that yet... so I figured I post it here) :chaocry:
Eru
Motto: bread

Re: Data_DLL.DLL couldn't be found??

Post by Eru »

Data_dll.dll is found in Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\DLL\Win32, I assume it is in there for you from what you've said. There's various steps you can try:

= Verify the integrity of the game cache - right click on SA2 in your steam library, go to properties, then the local files tab then click Verify integrity of game files.
= Right click Modloader and open as Administrator - sometimes Windows restricts accessing outside files for uncommon programs such as the modloader.
= I assume Modloader is in the same directory as the SA2 launcher exe in steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure 2?
= You could always back up your game saved data by going into steamapps\common\Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA and copying the files to a safe place, then just fully reinstalling the game.

Ive found a thread here on steam with people having similar problems but with no luck. They mention the game being installed on a different hard drive may be the issue, unlikely to be the issue but worth a try.

Hope this helps even just a little :heroblink:
mooncow smells