Problems with krzys2's Chao Editor (1.0.2)

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
DLDrago
Egg
Egg

Problems with krzys2's Chao Editor (1.0.2)

Post by DLDrago »

I'm having problems editing Chao with krzys2's new Chao editor. Though it will detect the launcher, it lists every Chao as an Unlisted item. The only way I can edit is by launching the game through its executable. I'm using the latest version of Chao World Extended.

Even after that, it won't edit everything. The personality stuff immediately snaps back to its old value when I try to edit it. I had that problem with Fusion's Chao Editor, too.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher
Motto: The key of making chao happy...Is good fruit

Re: Problems with krzys2's Chao Editor (1.0.2)

Post by krzys2 »

Hey there, I have no idea if you are the same guy who wrote in gamebanana, but I will post the response here too just in case with my recommendations
1. Make sure your tool is placed on the disk on which it has permissions to read and write, preferably extract it from the zip
2. Always run the tool as administrator, you can do this by following these steps:
  • Right click on tool and select properties
    Go to compatibility and press "Run this program as administrator"
    Click Apply
    Just in case can right click and press "run as administrator
3. Make sure your exes are named correctly, which are:
  • "sonic2app" - SA2B
    "Sonic Adventure DX" - SADX(Steam)
    "sonic" - SADX(2004, aka moddable version, also used in BetterSADX
4. Technically tool should support "Launcher" renamed exe, but I do not recommend it, cause I have no ability to test it myself, cause it simply crashes. In addition, tool can pick up wrong launcher and stay that way if you launch your game through normal launcher, so technically sometimes you should reset the tool. Overall what I am trying to say is that your exe best be called in original names, and be launched through original exe.
If it doesn't help, please lemme know the details, the game you are trying it on, the exe's name and process name(can be checked in Task manager)
But as I see you mentioned that it edits through executable so there is something on your end, in addition if FCE did the same it definitely must be something.
As I remember the only broken things which are in editor: Luck, Intel, Hunger or boredom, dont remember exactly cause already fixed it and will be fixed in next update anyway

Hope this helped :omochao:
Image Image Image Image
Legends will never die, so will not cookies
DLDrago
Egg
Egg

Post by DLDrago »

I'm not the same guy from Gamebanana. We're having the same problem, though.

I tried running the program as an administrator, and it didn't solve the problem. I can change some things in the Behaviors section, like loneliness, stuff like that. But not anything else.

Also, the illnesses section is also labeled as Behaviors. Don't know if that's an oversight or not.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by krzys2 »

Yeah label on illnesses is oversight, gonna be fixed, it just sounds nonsensical that most stuff doesn't work, unless something like mod is blocking it. Technically CWE only blocks some of personalities, other options should work just fine.
As I mentioned before, please provide the information about:
1. The game you play
2. The exe name and the process name which can be found in task manager
Image Image Image Image
DLDrago
Egg
Egg

Post by DLDrago »

Ok, I have the new editor version, and the only behavior that snaps back now is Urge to Cry. I'm using the launcher through Steam.
krzys2
Chao Researcher
Chao Researcher

Post by krzys2 »

Hey there, glad to hear that new version fixed it. I have checked urge to cry thing, its not editor's fault, most likely mod prevents it from being changed. From my own insight, urge to cry can't be increased unless fear is increased. Try increasing fear and then urge to cry will stop snapping back
Image Image Image Image
DLDrago
Egg
Egg

Post by DLDrago »

Alright. I remember Chao World Extended itself stopping the snap-to values with Fusion's Chao Editor unless it was disabled. Thanks for all your help! :herosway: