8P Party Race only for the first race

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
URV
Egg
Egg

8P Party Race only for the first race

Post by URV »

Hey there! I'm really enjoying CWE so far along with everything you guys set up. It seems like a cozy little community and I'd love to stick around, perhaps contribute a thing or two. Before anything, though, I'd like to either propose a change to one of the codes, or to learn how to do it myself:

At the moment, the (Race) Jewel and Beginner Race become 8P Party Race code makes it so that starting any of the Jewel/Beginner races, from level 1 to 5, becomes a party race. This means that I have to constantly restart the game to turn the code on or off whenever I want to switch between these modes. Is this due to a limitation, or was it intentional? Because, if possible, I'd make it so only the level 1 of a Beginner/Jewel race would start a party race. The lowest level is not much of a challenge anyway, and this solution would still keep levels 2-5 open for regular races (and, most importantly, I can still win medals with my chao).

So, what I need to know is:
- Is it possible?
- Would the change be desirable for CWE, or should it be kept as a sub-mod?
- Where can I start with modding this in? I didn't look much into it yet and can probably figure it out when I do, but some extra tips for assurance could be helpful. I have some other ideas in mind for some potential sub-mods, so it'd be good for me to get started on this regardless.