Does anyone know what causes a chao to go to the water?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Does anyone know what causes a chao to go to the water?

Post by Chao31 »

Is there a point in the walk cycle that is in the water or is there a hidden stat which causes them to go into the water? :herocry:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Does anyone know what causes a chao to go to the water?

Post by ChillyChao »

They legit just randomly walk in i think
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
vegan
Egg
Egg

Re: Does anyone know what causes a chao to go to the water?

Post by vegan »

yes, I actually just figured this out and I'm going to post a thread with this info and some other observations I made in a minute. based on what I've seen, when a chao's "energy" stat (which increases every so often naturally) gets up to 9500/10000 or above, it will always start moving towards the water in whichever garden it's in, unless it's distracted by a ball or something, but it will still go for the water after it's free again. while they're swimming, the energy value decreases every few seconds in increments which scale based on the chao's swimming skill. at 0 skill, these increments are -6000 energy. at 3000 skill at level 99 swimming, they're something like -200. when the chao gets down to zero energy, they will leave the pool. as far as I can tell, chao will never intentionally go swimming unless their energy is at 9500 or above. in the hero garden, pathing issues often cause chao to accidentally fall into the water, and if they do they will still keep swimming until they're at 0 energy. the same goes for when the player places a chao in the pool. so if you have a lot of chao with decent swimming skill, this is probably why you see them in the water so often and for so long. I haven't observed any other action that chao can take which decreases or increases energy, so I think it's directly related to swimming and isn't used for anything else.