Crash on startup with DC Gardens enabled.

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Robbie_Haruna
Egg
Egg

Crash on startup with DC Gardens enabled.

Post by Robbie_Haruna »

So I just grabbed the newest version of the mod and the DC Gardens mod and from what I read you're supposed to have Chao World Extended above DC Gardens, but when I do this the game always freezes up on the very first loading screen after starting it.

It's not any other mod issue because I don't have any other mods enabled aside from a better looking button icon mod. Does anyone know what might be causing this issue? Or was I misinformed about having to put Chao World Extended above DC Gardens?
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: Crash on startup with DC Gardens enabled.

Post by Roaxes »

Does the game crash without any mods enabled but still having mod loader enabled? If so you may be missing files needed for mod manager to run. This usually results in crashing at start up. These necessary files are linked on the mod manager game banana page.

If it doesn't crash and only crashes with DC gardens, yea you weren't lied too about CWE being at the top, that's almost always a necessity, however try to keep it below the other mods included with CWE.
Also make sure not to alt tab during the games initial start up, this often leads to crashes when the window loses focus during loading. (I might also suggest you play in window mode as well)

But yea, see if mod loader still crashes while its "enabled" with no mods enabled, or just CWE. If it does, you're likely missing those files I mentioned.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Robbie_Haruna
Egg
Egg

Post by Robbie_Haruna »

I played through the game's story with no mods on aside from Chao World Extended, (just to unlock all the levels,) and I had the mod loader installed there and had no issues. It was only recently when I saw the DCGardens thing that I actually ran into crashes.

I'm also playing in Windowed mode (as Full Screen crashes to desktop every time I start the game,) and any alt tabbing I do isn't on startup.

So I should have CWE below any of those extra mods that were included in its folder? I'll try putting DC Gardens above CWE and see what happens.
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

oh no no keep CWE at the top. CWE is a huge mod that gets into nasty load order conflicts if its below others. As for the crashes and your answer, i'll post it on the CI discord server to see if anyone else has any ideas. By keep it below, I meant keep other mods below CWE and its extra mods. Sorry for my poor wording xD.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Eru
Motto: bread

Post by Eru »

I'd highly recommended using SECW (shaddatic's enhanced chao world) https://gamebanana.com/gamefiles/13241 and disabling all the codes you dont want over, as the mod uses the same DC garden layout with some bugfixes and the creator is active to this day. It has a higher compatibility with other mods than DC gardens from what I've seen in terms of skins and the like.

The load order will need to go:
CWE
HD textures (if you use it)
SECW
Other mods
mooncow smells