[Request] Chao HP System (Remaining Life as "HP")

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 3 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
mariomario543212
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

[Request] Chao HP System (Remaining Life as "HP")

Post by mariomario543212 »

All right, so the other day I posted an official request on Gamebanana which had to do with modernizing the HP system from the Dreamcast games. Before you scold me about how it's a bad idea because of the possibility of Chao death, please read.

Basically, a Chao's Remaining Life 1 acts as its "HP" while its Remaining Life 2 acts as its "Max HP". The idea is that abused Chao can lose RL1 and even die if they lose enough, but they can slowly heal depending on their Happiness. The reason I pick Remaining Life is because a Chao would die too easily if this was Happiness based. Eating fruit can also heal a Chao quicker too. In return for this, Both RL1 and RL2 increase by more than the normal amount in the vanilla game when the Chao is a child, extending its life even more if you care for it!

Also, very important, RL2 never goes up at all if the Chao is an adult, just like in the vanilla game, and acts as the "Max HP", so the Chao can still die/reincarnate by normal means and is not potentially immortal this way unless it's a Chaos Chao.

I explained everything even more in the request's page, which is in my signature (as of 2/9/21), but if rules prohibit me to post this type of link even in my signature, I will remove it at an admin or mod's request.

It doesn't matter who takes this request, if anyone, but I thought I'd at least share it here. There's also a money reward for anyone who takes it and completes it, in addition to the point bounty!
[Request] Chao HP System (Remaining Life as "HP") if anyone wants to take it!
https://gamebanana.com/requests/17666