A problem that I am not sure if was solved elsewhere

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

A problem that I am not sure if was solved elsewhere

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Hi, first time on here. I have been wanting to use the Extended Chao Garden, and...it seems I am having issues, Because one of my mods, possibly extended garden, possibly some others, seems to be making my game crash as soon as I enter the Chao Gardens. Like mid loading screen as I enter the garden, it freezes, and then crashes to windows. If anyone knows what the problem might be, then I would be incredibly thankful.
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Re: A problem that I am not sure if was solved elsewhere

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Nevermind what was here previously. I moved it to the top of the load order, but it still crashes upon trying to enter the garden

Edit: Only the garden too, because the kindergarten worked
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Are you able to show your mod list and order per chance? Maybe there's one we can spot that might be a common issue
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Roaxes wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:37 pm Are you able to show your mod list and order per chance? Maybe there's one we can spot that might be a common issue

Yes. Yes. some of THOSE mods are a part of it.
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

...questionable mods aside, I'd suggest disabling some of the lesser known ones, the mod order overall seems correct, which leads me to believe some of those character mods are messing the garden up.
For figuring out which one it could be, disable them one by one and try until the garden stops crashing. This should help pinpoint what it was. Though it could also be all the character mods.

The top 5 mods are ones that are more likely NOT to be the crash candidate, ones I've seen others being able to use with little to no issue including myself.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Roaxes wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:22 am ...questionable mods aside, I'd suggest disabling some of the lesser known ones, the mod order overall seems correct, which leads me to believe some of those character mods are messing the garden up.
For figuring out which one it could be, disable them one by one and try until the garden stops crashing. This should help pinpoint what it was. Though it could also be all the character mods.

The top 5 mods are ones that are more likely NOT to be the crash candidate, ones I've seen others being able to use with little to no issue including myself.
/I turned off every mod OTHER than chao world extender, and nothing. I am confusion.

Edit: new wrinkle...it just straight up isnt working, even with the mod disabled. should I reinstall SA2 then?
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

By chance, does it work with CWE and its side mods disabled but the other mods enabled?
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Roaxes wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:38 am By chance, does it work with CWE and its side mods disabled but the other mods enabled?
I point to my edit above. all mods were disabled, but even then when I entered the chao garden it didnt work. I am gonna try a clean save and a clean installation. will keep updated
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

in that case you may not have the required files for mod loader to work, though typically that'd cause the game to crash at start up rather then entering a garden, so im not too sure bout that. If you are doing a clean save, i'd suggest going here and scroll down to "required downloads" and grab those files. Your computer may or may not already have them and will warn if you try to install if you do already, but if not, those files are required for mod loader to function https://gamebanana.com/tools/6333
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Roaxes wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:46 am in that case you may not have the required files for mod loader to work, though typically that'd cause the game to crash at start up rather then entering a garden, so im not too sure bout that. If you are doing a clean save, i'd suggest going here and scroll down to "required downloads" and grab those files. Your computer may or may not already have them and will warn if you try to install if you do already, but if not, those files are required for mod loader to function https://gamebanana.com/tools/6333
a few things - I tried downloading the mod loader required files, I think I have all the needed things, the up to date C++ and the .net framework, and once again I tried on a fresh save...and it didnt work, unfortunately.
Roaxes

Post by Roaxes »

Yea, then at this point i've kind of exhausted all my ideas of whats wrong xD, will mention in the discord if anyone else wants to chime in.
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

I don't have any experience running the Windows version of SA2, but I don't think you've mentioned which version of Windows you're running. With how much Microsoft likes to change things between different versions of Windows, it wouldn't surprise me if the game needs some compatibility tweaks for your Windows version.
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Jeffery Mewtamer wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 3:21 am I don't have any experience running the Windows version of SA2, but I don't think you've mentioned which version of Windows you're running. With how much Microsoft likes to change things between different versions of Windows, it wouldn't surprise me if the game needs some compatibility tweaks for your Windows version.
Eru
Motto: bread

Post by Eru »

Just to confirm when you say 'clean save' you:
*Deleted/Removed both SONIC2B__ALF and SONIC2B__ALF_CWE files in the "Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA" folder (deleting all of the SAVEDATA folder also achieves this)
Is this correct?
And loading a clean save works if modloader isn't installed at all? Referring to the 'uninstall loader' button at the bottom of the window.
It's pretty odd that you can't enter the gardens specifically. How long did you have the previous save before it happened?

Also Character Select Plus is exceptionally glitchy and seems to be extremely hit and miss, not sure if it could be causing any issues but I recommend MM's Character Select mod instead https://gamebanana.com/mods/48839
mooncow smells
Burny_of_Toast
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao

Post by Burny_of_Toast »

Erubbu wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:22 am Just to confirm when you say 'clean save' you:
*Deleted/Removed both SONIC2B__ALF and SONIC2B__ALF_CWE files in the "Sonic Adventure 2\resource\gd_PC\SAVEDATA" folder (deleting all of the SAVEDATA folder also achieves this)
Is this correct?
And loading a clean save works if modloader isn't installed at all? Referring to the 'uninstall loader' button at the bottom of the window.
It's pretty odd that you can't enter the gardens specifically. How long did you have the previous save before it happened?

Also Character Select Plus is exceptionally glitchy and seems to be extremely hit and miss, not sure if it could be causing any issues but I recommend MM's Character Select mod instead https://gamebanana.com/mods/48839
...I have not tried that yet.

Edit: After doing this, I can now successfully enter the chao garden without game crashing. Will update again after trying to reinstall loader

Edit again: After installing loader and using the extended mod alone, it still allows me to enter the chao garden