Chao changes after hatching?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
Warning! This topic is 1 year and 11 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
superflyduskull
Egg
Egg

Chao changes after hatching?

Post by superflyduskull »

Putting this here because I think it might have something to do with one of the mods I have installed, but I'm not 100% sure. I have both SECW and CWE. For some reason, the last two times my chao have bred, the chao has ended up completely different from the initial egg upon hatching. For example, most recently, a purple two-tone egg was laid, but upon hatching it was a shiny two-tone red, and for some reason had the appearance of a shiny jewel two-tone brown? Luckily I use Krzys2's Chao Editor so I was able to fix it, but this is really confusing and frustrating. I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue, so if anyone else has experienced it or knows why it happens, I'd love to know!
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: Chao changes after hatching?

Post by Roaxes »

It's POSSIBLE, that it might be SECW's "mutation" code but that's only like a 7% chance to happened.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
superflyduskull
Egg
Egg

Re: Chao changes after hatching?

Post by superflyduskull »

Oh i didn't even consider that! Thanks for the suggestion. I'll double check that the next time I'm able to play and report back. I've had much less likely things happen to me in games, so i wouldn't be surprised if only a 7% chance event happened to me back to back lol

Edit: I did have the SECW mutation setting on, and I'm willing to bet that's the cause. Will post again if it happen even without the mutation code on! thanks so much for pointing that out!