chao editor on steam deck?

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
keesespuffs
Egg
Egg

chao editor on steam deck?

Post by keesespuffs »

hi! has anyone gotten either fusion's or krzys' chao editors to work on steam deck? so far i've gotten krzys' to open and run alongside sa2 in gaming mode, but it doesn't detect that sa2 is running, so i can't actually use it :0c
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: chao editor on steam deck?

Post by Roaxes »

As of right now and probably for a long time it wont work, if you have another computer I suggest using it to do any edits or backing up of chao you want to do, then just transfer your save to your steamdeck manually (Located: Sonic Adventure 2>resource>gd_PC>SAVEDATA
Chao save: SONIC2B_ALF (with multisaves for CWE: SONIC2B#_ALF replacing # with a number, like 1 being your 2nd chao save)
Main save: SONIC2B_S01 (with other ones being s02, s03 exc.)

To quote Krzys2 the maker of their editor:
Well good luck with that, if you manage to go through identifying game it's gonna be achievement.
After it definitely should die, as steam deck definitely wont have/doesnt use kernel32.dll in protected ram(or whatever that storage is called when windows load)
Congrats getting the real mobile chao garden experience though, I too am a member of this club! :cool:

Note if you have any more questions involving chao that can't be answered through our site, I suggest joining the discord which can be found at the community tab above! Not many people check the forums actively anymore outside like me xD, and I don't know a lot of answers for stuff I see.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog