How to clone a Chao in the most accurate way

A forum for discussion regarding hacking of the Chao system and editing things with non-standard methods.
AquaLenity
Egg
Egg
Motto: Gaming is fun so why bother spreading hate on it ?

How to clone a Chao in the most accurate way

Post by AquaLenity »

Hi! I played in the Chao Garden on a cloud gaming service when I was younger because I didn't have full access to the PC yet. But I feel a sense of guilt to abandon my chao that I have raised and forget about them that's why I wanted to bring them back on my PC but of course, since they are in a cloud gaming PC I can't have the save So I've been thinking about recreating them. Is there some kind of ID that I could generate by putting the stats of my different chao if not what is all the information I can recreate by using a chao editor and having only access to a game controller for the game ?
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Re: How to clone a Chao in the most accurate way

Post by Roaxes »

I don't fully know how cloud gaming works, but are you allowed on the steam games folder through it? SA2 saves its files manually on the computer and does not cloud save to steam. So if you're allowed to access the saves folder the sonic adventure 2 game folder (Sonic Adventure 2>resource>gd_PC>SAVEDATA)
And throw your main game files on google drive or something (main game save file: SONIC2B_S01, Chao file: SONIC2B_ALF)
you could possibly then grab those files from your drive and put them on your current computer.

Otherwise your next bet would be attempting to create the chao using a chao editor like fusions (if vanilla game) or krzys2s chao editor (if modded) with its stats, evolution type and whatnot, however this isn't ideal as a lot of background info like chao age and DNA wont be correct.

Outside that, you may just have to start new if you can gain no access to the files of the game outside just playing them.
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
AquaLenity
Egg
Egg
Motto: Gaming is fun so why bother spreading hate on it ?

Re: How to clone a Chao in the most accurate way

Post by AquaLenity »

The problem with the cloud gaming I was using is that I have only access to the game, the service is a option to my internet operator service so it's not that great. I remember that we can see our chao age in the medical center is that not accurate ? and the DNA part only occurs when the chao is the child of 2 others chao ? Cause most of the chao i want to salvage are egg coming from the garden itself