Chao Island! Adventure - Chapter 9, IT'S BACK!

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Favourite character

Minty \(*o*\)
18%
Wacky \(owo\)
9%
Omelet \(v_v\)
27%
Choco \(^u^\)
18%
Twiddle \(@v@\)
9%
Smudge \(' v ')/
18%

Total votes: 11

INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao
Location: Planet Mobius; hoping Eggman won't kill me. *sweatdrop*

Re: Chao Island! Adventure - A chocolatey chapter 7

Post by INeverBelonged »

Absolutely brilliant!!
SnowyTheHedgehog wrote:( It's okay! Woohoo! Beam's back! *Partayyy* )
Current Avatar created by chaosnachochao! THANKS!
Another Story by Me
I GOT THE MANGA BIBLE NYAAAA!!
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Post by mintdrop »

sorry i haven't posted a chapter today. i've been really busy. i wont go on hiatus again, i pomise - i'll have one up tomorrow, hopefully in the morning.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Location: Back from Atlanta greeting my welcoming party of my friends here on CI!:3

Post by KeatonWood »

Hey it's ok.You don't HAVE to do a chapter each day.:3
Adorable member of the chu team!~
Want art?You got it! Click me
Adventures Of Kyro The Hedgehog
SSBB Friend code:. 2667-2830-0644
Spoiler:
Depressed and a little upset.
Like a jellyfish sting, the pain last some time. :(
INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by INeverBelonged »

^
Agreed
Another Story by Me
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

it's fine. i just like to write everyday so that i don't lose interest and get unmotivated. it helps me to work and get on track, plus it's fun!

warning!!!!! climate change and more moderators (because chao island isnt run by jmt alone)

A magical young woman approaches the Snowflake Inn. The time is nigh and stars twinkled above her, snow fluttering away from her as if some presence was telling them to leave. Together with her robotic comrades she opened the door and entered, slowly and gracefully. The innkeeper was shining a light on his book and reading "Chao Island - a History", his eyes slowly lulling to sleep. However, he came to his senses and looked up immediately when he saw the tall, powerful figure before him, her face hidden in the shadows. The innkeeper straightened himself up brushed back his grey ears and cleared his throat.
"W-welcome to Snowflake Inn, H-High Moderator Moonsoul," He spoke quietly and nervously. "May, uh, How may I help you at this time of night?"
"I am looking for Choco the Rabbit. I know she is in this inn. Tell me what room, if you please." She spoke calmly and almost in a friendly way but it didn't match her somewhat aggressive mood. She stepped out of the shadows, showing herself as an arctic fox with silver fur with pink and sky floral markings on her body. She was wearing pink and blue M.O.D. armour and holding a magical staff of some sort. Her clear blue eyes twinkled as she spoke. "If you don't, I'm afraid I might have to resort to drastic measures." She signalled to the MODbots behind her, which were painted the same colours of her fur.
"O-of course, madam Moonsoul." He led her to the room Choco and her friends were sleeping. They would soon approach them...

Meanwhile, everyone was sleeping in their room. Everyone except for Omelet, who was hearing footsteps. They were all sharing one room, to keep as safe as possible. Omelet found it difficult to sleep anyway - if his hands touched his legs for whatever reason he felt cold metal, often maiing him shudder and wake. But the footsteps in the distance were eerie and disturbed him, a fleeing deep inside of him warned him of danger as the footsteps came closer and closer to their room. When he had enough, he immediately woke Minty, Choco, Wacky and Smudge, who were disgruntled and still needed sleep. After all, it was about 4AM.
"Guys, we need to get out of here. I have a feeling we're in trouble." He whispered as quiet as possible as he heard the noise of the footsteps coming closer and closer every second.
"But-" Wacky retorted through a yawn. Omelet held a finger to her mouth.
"No questions. We'll get out through the window." Luckily they were on the ground floor and managed to crawl outside (although some were slightly lazy in doing so) and into Omelet's mech, which was still parked outside. He started the engine.

Moonsoul and the innkeeper had reached the room where they were staying by the time they had escaped. The innkeeper was shocked and started to panic when they walked into the room.
"I swear, madam, they were inn here last night! I made sure! I never forget!"
"Quiet, please. You don't want to wake your guests." She said, shutting the door. "It's okay. I believe you. The window is wide open." She walked over to the window and watched as Choco and her friends flew away from the inn. The innkeeper expected her to become infuriated, but she just uttered a small thank you and jumped out the window, spawning a silver fighter plane to come to her aid. She beckoned all of her robots to get in, and few off.

Code: Select all

SUB STAGE 1: AIR ESCAPE
PLAYER: OMELET/MINTY/WACKY/CHOCO (CO-OP)
MISSION 2: ESCAPE MOONSOUL!
The group of heroes were all very tired except for Omelet, who was intent on making an Air Escape. Moonsoul's plane was closely following them and Omelet put up the wind shield once more. Minty watched as his favourite island started to drift away into the distance, snow clouds still reigning over it like a spirit of some sort. He also noticed Moonsoul's robots getting out of the plane and blasting towards them at full speed. They began to shoot pink sparkly fireworks at them. omelet did his best to dodge them but the plane took a few hits, rumbling a fair bit.

APPROACHING CANDY ISLAND. APPROACHING CANDY ISLAND. ESTIMATED LANDING TIME: 5 MINUTES AND 35 SECONDS.
Upon hearing the voice nav say this Omelet attempted to land. But Moonsoul's robots very blocking him and it became impossible to do anything but keep flying, so he decided he shouldn't. He check the current weather to see if there were any turbulences before sending Minty out to man the machine gun again - he didn't want him to land in the sea and drown.

CURRENT WEATHER STATUS: FINE
NO TURBULENCES OR CLOUDS APPROACHING.
With that he commanded Minty to go out and shoot down Moonsoul's MODbots. He got out, slightly wary and grabbed hold of the gun and started to shoot. The MODbots were incredibly hard to destroy - Moonsoul obviously ordered them to be made of strong metal. After about ten mintues of shooting he managed to destroy one and then he ran out of ammo. Wacky saw this and grabbed a spectrum shard.
"Oh Spectrum, filled with power, filled wi-" She started to chant, but Choco cut her off.
"I have a better idea." She said, holding the green gem in her hands. Moonsoulw as fast approaching and Minty was stuck. She quickly handed him the glowing green gem and questioned Choco as to what to do. "JUST FIRE!" She screamed. Minty did so and was shocked - razor sharp glowing leaves fired out of the gun, piercing and scratching the opposition's plane. Still, she was gaining on them, looking angered and bewildered. Was she wondering how they got the colour gems?
"IT'S NOT WORKING!" Minty shouted to Choco. "HAVE YOU GOT ANY OTHERS?" She passed him the red gem, which he took and started to fire again. This time the leaves were not only a lot bigger, but sharper and faster too. They started to hold Moonsoul back a lot more - they were winning! Minty grinned back at his teammates who gave a lazy wave - except Wacky, who was fast asleep.

FAST APPROACHING VOLCANO ISLAND. FAST APPROACHING VOLCANO ISLAND. ESTIMATED LANDING TIME: 8 MINUTES AND 42 SECONDS.
Omelet heard the voice nav say as Minty was busy firing. He decided to start landing and called Minty back in again. He handed the gems back to Choco. They were glowing less fiercely than before. He thanked her and exhaled as he watched Moonsoul clear away the leaves on her plane, buying them more time. They were going to make it!

BANG.

Just then, they looked up and saw a familiar hare riding a giant MODbot towards them - JmT! As they tried to land two giant MODbots - about 10 metres high each. Wacky awoke and saw the goliath MODbots around her and grabbed onto Minty, shaking him violently.
"MINTY! CALL STARMY!" She exclaimed.
"I can't! She wont be able to handle them!" He replied, a feeling of deep dread in his throat. Omelet announced their defeat and they were taken away into Volcano Island.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 0
Badniks destroyed: 1
Time Bonus: 1000

Total Score: 1100

Omelet: Yay...
They all watched in horror as they were taken into the dormant Mt. Saffron (the massive volcano on Volcano Island, hence the name) by the goliath MODbots. As soon as they arrived they were stripped of fuel and ammo, Omelet's mech discarded and pushed to the side. Choco was careful to keep her gems hidden - she didn't want them to be taken away. She resisted the urge to use all the gems at once and destroy as many MODbots as she could - even the menacing JmT - but she'd get into even more trouble. They were all handcuffed and led into a prison hall. All the cells they saw were empty, and they were all thrown into separate cells - even Smudge, in his own miniature cell. The only thing in them was a straw bed and a vent, too small for anyone to crawl in them, not even Smudge. Minty tried to phone someone but there of course wasn't any signal - why would there be at the base of a volcano?
"Expect your banishment tomorrow." JmT said as he locked their respective cells. "Ta." They could hear the buzzing of the MODbots flying away from the island, along with Moonsoul. Minty sighed. This was it. Their luck had ran out, and they were done for. Looking out at the empty prison hall tears started to fall from his eyes. He got into his straw bedding and slowly fell asleep.

or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure - chapter 8, gimme a 8r8k!

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 8! Sunrise, heatwave (part 2)

After a few hours of boredom and stirring madness, they felt the sunrise creep upon them from their one window in their cells. Smudge, Wacky's pet chao and best friend, was in his own little cell. Except it wasn't a cell, but a box at the end of the vent where the fan was kept. The vent was too small for him to crawl through. But just as he was falling asleep, everything started to glow red. Being a chao, he was blessed with the same amount of intelligence as the average domestic cat, and therefore confused about the sudden change in hue. The metal box he was in started to get hotter and the fan turned on, blowing him into the vent. It was still too small for him and the metal started to hurt his head, almost burning him. Suddenly though, the vent expanded, blowing him across the vent and sending him toppled into Wacky's cell. He promptly landed on her head and something else fell out of the vent too - a key! He caught it and woke his master up, bewildered but slightly relieved.
"Huhnn... no they're my cakes! Stay away!" Wacky murmured as she was woken up by Smudge. "Oh, hello Smudge. I was having the most wonderful dream... wait, SMUDGE, how did you get here?!" She looked up at the vent and looked back at her chao, who was holding the key, bewildered.
"Chaaaaa!" He exclaimed, holding out the key. Wacky looked through the bars to see if anyone was in the remote prison hall. Nope, no-one but them. She assumed the others were still sleeping. "Chao, chao, chao!" He pestered her, prodding her with the key.
"Smudge!" She said, getting his attention. "I want you to take this key and unlock my cell for me, okay?" She said slowly, explaining with her hands. He made an excited chao noise and skipped over to the lock, slid through the bars and unlocked the cell with ease. "Great!" She exclaimed, holding him up high in the air. "Let's see if it opens the other cells." She tried the key with all the others cells but nothing happened except annoying rattling. "Smudge! The other keys must be around here somewhere! Let's find them!" She said, tossing him up in the air. He floated back down and bowed, signalling a big 'yes!'.

STAGE 15: PRISON HALL
PLAYER: WACKY
MISSION: FIND THE 3 GATE KEYS!
She and Smudge scanned the Prison Hall for any obvious sign of a key. She had to rely on pure skill this time around - there was no radar (or Twiddle) to help her find the keys. The only help were rings scattered around. The hall was incredibly large, composed of metal and fairly humid (it was in a volcano after all), and there were laser and steam jets positioned around the place. There were many large metal crates placed around the place, with M.O.D. written on them. It was also incredibly tall with no windows (except for small ones in the cells) and dim lights. Several platforms were near the top of the building, hanging with large metal ropes. Although made of a strong metal - perhaps stainless steel - they did attempt to make it a bit colourful, colour-coding floors and walls with lines and numbers such as 'B1'. The whole hall was co-ordinated it seemed.

Logically, she and Smudge headed for the uppermost platform. She climbed up the ladder leading there swiftly - collecting rings as she went and careful not to touch the hot metal. By time she got to the top platform she was tired. It was a rather long way up. The air was less humid up there. She stepped onto the metal platform and looked around - all she saw were boxes. She destroyed all of them and gained nothing, except when she destroyed one of the boxes a bunch of parrot flew out skawking madly. Smudge tried to grab them and absorb their abilities, but Wacky held him back. She didn't want to him to have any other animal parts that weren't a raccoon! She glided onto the next platform down and found the first key. Success!

Looking down, Wacky saw a orange lever in a cell connected to a vent. The problem was that she wouldn't be able to reach it. She and Smudge exchanged glances and they glided over to the ladder next to the wall. Smudge slid through the bars and pulled the lever, causing a key to fly out of the nearby vent. Wacky jumped and caught it - just. She high-fived Smudge as soon as he slid back through the cell, causing her to fall down next to the next platform. Two down, one to go!

For the last key she searched the floor, Smudge following behind her. She climbed over and searched about 5 crates and saw nothing. She made her best effort to avoid any upcoming steam jets. During the process she also found that the hall's floor was not only composed of metal but also retractable spikes. She accidentally stood on a few of them, causing her to fall back and wince in pain. Luckily, she was collecting rings which protected her from being seriously injured. Hastily she collected the scattered rings and looked up to find a distressed Smudge tugging at her lab coat. He had found the other key on the spikes themselves! Yay, they did it! She hurried back to her friends cells to unlock them.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 5
Badniks Destroyed: 0
Time Bonus: 2500
Smudgehints used: 1

Total Score: 2900

Wacky: Yeah, awesome!
However, as she was running back, she tripped over a laser, triggering a loud alarm which reverberated throughout the hall obnoxiously. she hurried back into her cell, Smudge locking it for her and hid all of the keys in her straw mattress. Smudge climbed back to his cell through the vent as the two large MODbots came lumbering down to the cells, where they stayed put. What could they do now? They couldn't get past them...

Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 8! Sunrise, heat wave (part 3)

Meanwhile, back on Chao Island...

A finger twiddling girl, Twiddle, was in her hut, just waking up from a good night's sleep. She had woken for a particular cause - another vision. Something about friends... in trouble... in Volcano Island... the more she thought about it the clearer it became. Cross the bridge... save your friends... she blinked a few times. The bridge? Flarestreak Bridge? What connects Chao and Volcano Island? My, Twiddle was afraid of bridges. In early childhood she had witnessed several animals cross a river using a fairly stable log bridge and saw them topple down into the river, being swept away into the sea. Now of course, Flarestreak was a lot more stable and could withstand millions of cars going across it every year, but like all irrational childhood fears she had yet to overcome it. She got dressed, kissed her chao goodbye, grabbed her staff and made her way over to the bridge.

STAGE 16: FLARESTREAK BRIDGE
PLAYER: TWIDDLE
MISSION 1: GET TO VOLCANO ISLAND!
She finally got there, taking her first steps on Flarestreak Bridge. It was made of several layers, different lanes for different speeds. It was also quite radical and unique in the sense that it had loop de loops in it. For Twiddle this set the idea that crossing to Volcano Island was for radical hipsters. But was everyone who commuted back and forth a radical hipster? She hoped not. She hoisted up her cloak and made her way across the black and red lined bridge.

Twiddle was almost petrified, slowly making her way across the bridge on the pavement, the only thing separating it from the sea being a railing and a 20ft drop. With every car that passed she almost toppled over, and to top it all off there were MODbots patrolling the area. She made sure to not make any eye contact with them, an feeling inside her made her think that they might charge at her with their menacing amber eyes. Nevertheless, Twiddle hurried along until she came to the first loop-de-loop. How might she overcome this obstacle? She glanced at a nearby flying MODbot. Maybe... just maybe...

Within a few seconds of magical nonsense and a lot of green sparks, Twiddle was riding through the first loop de loop on a red plane MODbot, whose eyes were now a pleasant green and looking rather happy. Hallucination magic apparently works on robots too. Her fun was short lived when she flew up to the uppermost layer and crashed into a lamppost, causing her new plane friend to explode on impact. Tch, if only they weren't made of such cheap metal. she started to run along the pavement, never straying too far from the railing.

Twiddle was reaching maximum speed now (about 1/3 of Minty's top speed) and was coming up to the next loop de loop. Whoever designed this bridge must be crazy, she thought. Maybe, with a little bit of magic, she'd be able to run through the loop de loop without cheating? She closed her eyes and focused her energy and felt a horrible sick sensation coming from her stomach - was she upside down? She didn't want to open her eyes and see. When her stomach returned to normal she opened her eyes again: she made it! But unfortunately, she was face to face with a MODbot. Oh dear. Luckily she stopped when she did.

Defensively she raised her staff and gained control of the MODbot.
"No fun for you. We're not buddies, you bad robot." She said, and smashed it into the ground using a form of telekinesis magic. She hurried along, the end of the bridge was near and Mt. Saffron had been in sight for a while. She smashed any MODbots that dared glare at her like their friend before. That is, if robots have any friendly connections with each other? It was a debatable subject. of course they'd be able to communicate, any smart person would design them to do that. But friendly interaction - would they want their robots to have friends? After a few minutes of nonsensical rambling in her mind, she reached Volcano Island.

Time to bust up some goliath MODbots.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 10
Time Bonus: 4500

Total Score: 5500

Twiddle: Well that wasn't so hard.
Back in the prison, Wacky was on the verge of depression. After a life on Chao Island, they were going to get banned for trying to make it a better place by rebelling against a corrupt leadership. Just as she was about to start crying again, Twiddle burst through the door of the Prison Hall, letting in some lovely morning light.
"Excuse me, Mr and Mrs Robot," She said, addressing the goliath MODbots that stood before her. All the heroes gawked at her bravery. "I have to ask you to leave." She showed them to the door. The two MODbots simply walked towards her angrily. "Oh, you don't want to? Didn't think so." She spoke again, raising her staff. "That's just fine." That was a loud crash and bang as Twiddle cloaked one of them in a harsh green light and crashed them into the other, causing a big explosion. There was ash everywhere, ash pouring out of their empty robot carcasses. She curtseyed as Smudge unlocked all of the cells with Wacky's keys.
"Twiddle!" Minty shouted, running out to hug her.
"Minty!" She replied hugging him back.
"Thank you so much!"
"It's fine, no problem. I overcame my fear of bridges at least." Minty moved out of the way and let Choco hug her. "I think I'll stay with you from now on."
"Also guys, I got the keys while you were sleeping. Smudge found mine in the vent." Wacky explained. They all happily walked out of the Prison Hall. They escaped banishment once more!

Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

guys im going to make a few edits to chapter 7! the only difference being that choco finds the cyan gem in turquoise shores and the blue gem in iccryo city :3
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

chapter 9 should be up by tomorrow ! they begin to explore the tropical volcano island in some detail.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
INeverBelonged
Quester Chao
Quester Chao

Post by INeverBelonged »

Sweet!!
Another Story by Me
KeatonWood
Brave Chao
Brave Chao
Location: Back from Atlanta greeting my welcoming party of my friends here on CI!:3

Post by KeatonWood »

Finally found time to read it.I liked it!
Adorable member of the chu team!~
Want art?You got it! Click me
Adventures Of Kyro The Hedgehog
SSBB Friend code:. 2667-2830-0644
Spoiler:
Depressed and a little upset.
Like a jellyfish sting, the pain last some time. :(
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 9! The uproar(part 1)

The group of heroes were all incredibly restless apart from Twiddle, who had just ran across a bridge to break out some friends from prison, where they were wrongly kept without food. Omelet stretched and sadly examined his mech, which had been hammered to pieces by JmT, a MOD rival of theirs. Wacky tried her best to fix it, but it was crushed and there was little she could do with just a spanner. Smudge on the other hand dismissed the melancholy atmosphere and started to jump on it, doing somersaults and flying kicks.

Choco and Minty were racing each other up and down between two fallen palm trees. But Choco stopping suddenly, causing Minty to trip over her and send them both falling to the ground. She had seen JmT. Normally she would've told everyone to hide but he was holding something, something important, something she needed - the Orange Key. She inspected her Red Gem, which was glowing dully after using its powers to heat and expand the vent. She always considered it to be the fire gem, but when she gave it to Minty to power up the gun it instead upped the power of the leaves he was using. She took out the other three, the Blue, Cyan and Green gems. Blue seemed to be inclined to air, it constantly puffed out clouds of some sort. When she held it up to the sapphire sky it seemed to become completely transparent. The Green Gem was definitely something leafy. She swished it across using her hands and several leaves fell out like an autumn tree, except green and full of life. Finally, the Cyan Gem seemed to soak itself on occasion - leaving it on the ground caused a puddle to appear.

After all this inspection Minty asked why she had stopped. She put the gems back in her pocket (they had the power to decrease in size) and pointed towards JmT, who was ascending Mt. Saffron on a rocket powered skateboard. She growled and dashed towards him angrily. She needed the Orange Key!

STAGE 17: MT. SAFFRON
PLAYER: CHOCO
MISSION 1: GET THE ORANGE KEY FROM JMT!
She climbed the dormant volcano of Mt. Saffron, which was lined with wind turbines to power the nearby town, Pyember. the ground was reddish orange and looking around she could see several landmarks - the Tropical Springs and Flarestreak Bridge. On the horizon she could make out Chaopolis and a very hazy pink Candy Island. The temperature became hotter as she ascended the mountain made of dried lava. She often stopped by a wind turbine to look at the view. Candy Island in the Northwest became a bit more visible -she swore she could make out Peppermint Falls!

With her heart warm and spirits high she raced up the mountainside with ease. Nabbing the key from JmT? Like taking candy from a baby. All was well until she saw a stream of lava pouring down the cliff, with a pile of large boulders blocking the other side. To make matter worse, several plane MODbots raced past her, knocking her off balance and sending her straight onto a wind turbine. Back hurting and rage steaming up inside of her, she blew a fuse. She took a deep breath and to her surprise (and the misfortune of the passing MODbot fleet), she expelled fire. Lots of it. Carelessly, she brought out her fists and tore through the stream of lava and was steadily approaching the top of Mt. Saffron.

She didn't even recognize that she was using her elemental powers. Her mind was set on utter destruction and getting to the top. A surprised JmT turned around and sped away at the sight of Choco's glare. There was no escape now.

"That's my secret." Choco growled. "I'm ALWAYS ANGRY!"

The lava stream eventually ceased as the mountain got higher, as well as the amount of oxygen. She took a moment to stop and take a few breaths. She was almost there. She could do it. Slower than before she hiked up to the top, and at the top was a clearing and a frightened JmT, fiddling with the orange key.
"You..." Choco spoke calmly. "Give me... the key." JmT looked at his nemesis and back at the key. Getting the orange gem, or facing an angry fire breathing rabbit in battle? He considered throwing it into the lava pool, but seeing her swim through the stream with ease made him think otherwise. "I'm waiting." She spoke again. He handed it over.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 14
Time Bonus: 2100

Total Score: 3500

Choco: Yaaay. 
But JmT hadn't let go. In the spur of the moment he and Choco both teleported to the special zone!

SPECIAL STAGE! ORANGE GEM
CHOCO VS JMT
The special zone's tunnel, which both enemies were in, was engulfed in an inferno of angry crimson and tangerine flames. The orange gem streaked past them both - it was a race as to who would get there first! JmT used his booster to fly towards it at in immense speed that Choco had a hard time topping. The flames made the tunnel hot - it was a miracle that it wasn't melting. Suddenly remembering her angry elemental fire powers, Choco expelled fire from her shoes and managed to essentially fly alongside her M.O.D. agent rival.

Things got worse. Flames started to charge inside the tunnel. Not only making it hard to see but and obstacle you had to avoid. The two were neck in neck, with the orange gem not too far away, when JmT shoved Choco aside using his booster , leaving her on the hot tunnel, surrounded by flames. Tears in her eyes, she got up again and started to run. Things looked bleak and unsuccessful. JmT had the gem right in his hands, when-

BONUS ROUND!

"WHAT?!" He shouted. Choco had never been so happy to see the two chao and their silly hot air balloon in her entire gem hunting experience. The neutral baby winked at her deviously, while the dark chao threw bombs at JmT. She grinned menacingly as the chao helped her climb onto the balloon. she grabbed the bag of bombs from the dark chao and emptied its contents onto the tunnel below. JmT gave her incredibly evil looks as he tripped and fell from bomb to bomb, while Choco said goodbye to her friends and grabbed the gem as the bonus round ended.

Four down, just three more to go!

SPECIAL STAGE COMPLETE!

Time Bonus: 2000

Capture Successful!!

Choco: Is it because I cheated?
Choco returned safely to her friends at the bottom of Mt. Saffron, who were eager to explore the port town of Pyember.

Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Dispencer goes HERE!

Re: Chao Island! Adventure - Chapter 9, IT'S BACK!

Post by KeatonLabs »

IT'S BACK JACK!
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

I'm thinking of continuing this, who would like me to? o:
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

KeatonLabs wrote:IT'S BACK JACK!
Yes.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Guys! I'm working on a new chapter and it should be up shortly! I'm sorry it's taken me like a year to continue. bluh. i have the holidays to catch up and write some more!

Also... playlist!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... lxtI7w8TKJ

whats that? the next level revealed at the end? gasp...

i'll be sure to update it as i continue.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
KeatonLabs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by KeatonLabs »

Are you still doing this or no…
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

I get the motivation to do it sometimes but eh, only chapter 9 so far is planned and while I have confirmed ideas for the plot I need to add a lot in to fill it up and make it last longer ^^;;
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

gonna try and finish the next chapter soon because this has been in hiatus for waaay too long and i miss the story and characters ;3;
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 9! The uproar(part 2)

The five of the heroes slowly made their way into the sleepy Pyember. It was a fairly small town with only a few simple landmarks - the town hall, a large ice cream parlour, the large tropical garden and of course the brilliant sapphire sea. Volcano Island was a fairly popular tourists destination due to its rather untouched landscape and hot climate, great for hikers and those who like to sightsee and relax. Due to the group being rather tired and restless they headed straight towards the beach.

The sand was a scorching white which the warm sea lapped all day long. Wacky immediately took off her lab coat and laid it on the sand, taking off her shoes and bolting straight towards the sea. Smudge followed suit and soon they were pointing out the different islands that they could see. In the Northwest there was the brightly coloured pink Candy Island, with a faint orange pastel glow coming from it, while in the Northwest they could just make out Chao Island, with the bustling Chaopolis appearing more prominent on the horizon. Minty joined the two and soon they were paddling in the sea, jumping over waves and just messing around. It was nice not having any obligations.
"Guys, not to alarm you two..." Omelet said, approaching the pair. "But don't you think that the town might be startled from all of the commotion that we caused?"
"Oh gosh..." Wacky replied, now ridden with guilt. "But maybe they won't know it's us?"
"We're kinda wanted all over the map, y'know." Omelet said. "I'm just being careful. Maybe we should wait awhile before heading into town."

The group paused and sat down, letting the waves wash the sand in between them. Maybe they couldn't relax after all - they were still fugitives running from the corrupt law. Twiddle and Choco walked up the the 3 and sat down.
"Wanna head in?" Choco suggested to the group.
"We were just saying that we should be cautious." Omelet replied miserably. "We just caused a huge commotion and we're wanted all over the map."
"Nah, this town is super chill." Choco replied, unphased. "there could be a huge eclipse and the town wouldn't notice; there's a reason that it's called the sleepy town of Pyember."
"Still..."
"If you're really concerned, why don't we just send Twiddle to check it out? She wasn't on any wanted posters when I saw them." Choco replied, more optimistic.
"I'm okay with that." Twiddle said. The group agreed, and she headed out into town.

Twiddle walked on the maroon bricked pavement, the light sea breeze blowing past her and cooling her down. There was nothing outstandingly concerning about the town at all - citizens were sunbathing out on deck chairs in their gardens, tending to flowers or selling ice cream as the steady heat from the sun beat down from the sky. She must've looked rather out of place, clad in an all black cloak with a large witches hat and a rather grubby face from all the work she'd been doing. With all the heat getting to her, she took off her hat and cloak, revealing a pretty white frilly dress. Seeing that there was an ice cream vendor nearby, she decided that she was rather hungry and decided to buy one

"Um, hello," Twiddle said with a stutter "I'd like to buy a honeycomb ice cream, please..."
"Sure thing, lass. Any toppings?" Replied the vendor.
"N-no thank you." She answered, waiting as he handed her her ice cream.
"Why are you so nervous on such a fine day as this?" Said the vendor with a chuckle. Twiddle paused for a bit as she took the ice cream and handed him 50 rings.
"You mean, you didn't notice it?"
"Notice what?"
"The... huge swarm of... never mind." Twiddle said, shrugging and walking away, leaving the vendor rather bemused. "T-thanks."

After a while of investigating the town, noticing nothing unusual and eating her ice cream, Twiddle returned to the beach to her friends and reported the circumstances.
"You were right, Choco. No one is aware of anything. They're just going about their daily lives." She stated monotonously. "I think it's safe to head i-"
"WHAT AM I GONNA DO?!" A female voice shouted from the distance. Soon enough a wolf-like figure came storming towards them on the beach, wearing summerwear and sunglasses on her head. She seemed relieved to see the group of heroes so close by. "Thank Chaos! You guys are all here!" She exasperated. "Guys, guys, guys I really need your help. I'm here on holiday with Ka, but we were exploring the Oasis Temple and he just, disappeared! Can you please help me look for him? I'm desperate!" The group looked around at each other in panic and confusion, before Omelet sighed and stepped forward, volunteering himself to look for Ka.
"But you don't have your mech!" Wacky complained.
"Uh, hello?" Omelet signalled to his robot arm and legs, showing this rocket boosters and plasma gun. "You owe me big time, Linds... now lead me there."

STAGE 18: OASIS TEMPLE
PLAYER: OMELET
MISSION 1: HEAD INSIDE THE TEMPLE AND SAVE KA!
Linds lead Omelet to Oasis Temple, decided that it was too mystical and creepy and insisted on staying exactly where she was. Omelet sighed once again and put himself in a positive mindset for the mission he was undertaking. First, he focused on the surroundings. Oasis Temple was a lot larger than it sounded. Through the gateway from the town of Pyember there was a vast amount of tropical flora growing everywhere, a large expanse of vibrant flowers of all colours and an enormous population of palm trees. This area was rather secluded, being below sea level and shielded by a large cliff. Many tiny waterfalls trickled down from the tops of the cliff forming little ponds where small animal otters and fish swam in. In the far end of the area, suspended with large pillars above the central oasis was a tall stone temple, overrun with vines, in which the pinnacle stretched higher than the cliffs that protected it. At the very top you could make out a enormous glittering silver bell. Maybe that was where Ka was taken to?

After getting a good visual of his surroundings, Omelet decided it would be best to check the ground first. Due to his heavy metal legs he couldn't run that fast (faster than Twiddle, however) but with his rocket boots he was able to glide around on the ground to get an extra speed boost. He dashed through flowerbeds and weaved between palm trees to try and see if Ka was around, but to no avail. Ka was nowhere to be seen.

Unsurprisingly, there were MODbots in Oasis Temple preventing him from entering the tower. Omelet shot them with his plasma gun as soon as he saw them, firing blasts of energy and causing them to explode. There seemed to be only the cheap red ones on the floor so he could handle them with ease. Without any further ado, he headed inside the large temple opening.

It was surprisingly dark inside of the temple, after closing the door all of the life and vibrancy of the outside clearing disappeared. Omelet got rather frightened and checked to see if the door was unlocked so that he could have a secure escape route - after trying several times the door simply wouldn't budge. Omelet's fear rose every second, his fur standing on edge. As a last resort he fired the door with his gun - the energy blast simply vaporized and left him in the dimness of the temple. He had no choice but to proceed... he couldn't help but think that this was what happened to Ka, too...

He quickly ascended the stairs to the next floor to find that the room was darker. Not wanting to linger too long in the dark and dismal tower, he promptly ascended the next set of stairs to find that the next room was even darker. Stretching his arm out in front of him in the dark he could barely make out his hand. To add to the creepiness, he could've sworn he heard a chilly whispering voice faintly laughing close-by...

"W-w-who's there?" He stammered, trying to feel his way for the next set of stairs. No reply. "I must be imagining this, then..."

Continuing up the stairs, he found the voices only got louder and louder, and the rooms got darker and darker. He swore that at several points that he could feel a frozen hand on his shoulder. Omelet was panicking. His fur stood on edge as a chilly windy wave seemed to breeze past him...

"GET OUT..." A deep demanding voice from the dark threatened him. He tried to scream but there was no voice. Panicking, he shot his plasma gun in all directions to try and illuminate the imposing creature that resided here. Proving his speculations incorrect, Omelet concluded that he was simply going crazy from irrational fear. After a while of calming himself down with deep breathing, he found the stairs to the final floor and ascended.

It was pitch black. The voice that he had heard before was getting louder and louder, and angrier and angrier. Tears streaming down his face felt like sharp icicles. Feeling frozen hands on his shoulder he reacted immediately, shooting from his gun straight forward, sounding a metal bell.As the bell resonated, the room suddenly illuminated, and the temperature rose back to a tropical humid level. He was at the spire of the tower. On the floor he saw none other than Ka, a purple cat.

"Ka! Are you okay?!" He said, reaching out his hand. However, a strange yellow light encircled him and obstructed his vision... "Aah, what now?!"

He faded away and fell asleep next to Ka and was whisked off in a dreamy state....

spoopy
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Ommy
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Ommy »

i need to start reading this again because I forgot everything about it omg
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

I know this is really old and stuff but would anyone be interested in me continuing the story? ; o;
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Goat
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: Actually more of a Gadfly

Post by Goat »

All stories deserve an ending
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Everyone needs support on what they write.

Keep writing.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!