Chao Island! Adventure - Chapter 9, IT'S BACK!

Post your text based stories or read other user's pieces of fiction here!
Warning! This topic is 8 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.

Favourite character

Minty \(*o*\)
18%
Wacky \(owo\)
9%
Omelet \(v_v\)
27%
Choco \(^u^\)
18%
Twiddle \(@v@\)
9%
Smudge \(' v ')/
18%

Total votes: 11

mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Chao Island! Adventure - Chapter 9, IT'S BACK!

Post by mintdrop »

Chao Island! Adventure
This is a story about Chao Island, with major influences with Sonic Adventure. I will mainly be including friends, but of course other people too! Please don't beg to be added as I already have plans. I will notify you all when there is a free slot, however.

Chapter 1! Be careful what you wish for (part 1)

The city of Chaopolis. So modern and bustling with people and hovercars which buzzed like bees on jetpacks. Skyscrapers pierced the sky and subways reached depths of 50 feet. Being near a stunning turquoise ocean, Chaopolis was a popular holiday resort as well as a home the a vast majority of the citizens of Chao Island.

Minty, a cobalt fox with raven wings was taking a flight in the city as he usually did. Life was boring, his E-Phone (short for electric phoning device) was broken, he didn't have a roomate in his 64 floor apartment and his most nearby friend was Wacky, a crazy raccoon who liked to do crazy experiments. She lived on Sol Ridge, not a very far destination from Chaopolis. She was incredibly cheerful and bubbly; not allowing herself to be out-shadowed by her brother of the secret M.O.D. agency. Minty liked her a lot but didn't get to see her often; she kept herself locked away in her lab. He secretly hoped that something unexpected would happen. In a sudden shock, he found himself bashing into a lamppost. Oops, not the kind of thing he wanted to happen! But soon, he felt a buzzing noise; his E-Phone was working, and it appeared someone was calling him! He answered.

Code: Select all

- CONVERSATION START - MINTY/WACKY

Minty: Hello?

???: {bzzzzzzzt} Minty? Is that you?! It's Wacky!!!

Minty: Oh! that's great! How did you know E-Phone was fixed?

Wacky: No time {buzzzt} for that! I...{bzzzt}

Minty: You...?

Wacky: NEED HELP! AAHHHHHH -{BZZZZT}

Minty: Wacky..?! Are you there?!

- CONVERSATION DISRUPTED BY BAD SIGNAL - MINTY/WACKY

Help? Oh no, he shouldn't of wished for something unexpected to happen! He wasn't the fastest person on Chao Island, not like a familiar heroic blue hedgehog, but he was quick. Hopefully, he'd make it there in time.
"I Fight For Those Who Have My Back, Not For Those Who Coward Back To Their Moms." He recited from the famous Snowy, except he wasn't famous and just a boy Minty heard saying quotes on the street. But nonetheless, he had to help Wacky! He burst off at full speed towards Sol Ridge...

STAGE 1: TURQUOISE SHORES
PLAYER: MINTY
MISSION 1: GET TO SOL RIDGE AND SAVE WACKY!
So here he was, in Turquoise Shores. At least here everything seemed peaceful! Minty took a few deep breaths, touched his toes and started to run at quickly as he could, flapping his wings to help him accelerate. The ocean was surprisingly calm compared to the bright smoke from Wacky's lab overlooking it. He skidded to a halt; a... robot? In Turquoise Shores? He examined it carefully before taking any course of action. Red, bipedal with white letters engraved "M.O.D.". M.O.D... he'd heard that name before, it was the collective name for the subrulers of the Chao Islands! The robot targeted him with its amber eyes, ready to go, and charged at him with a blunt sword. Quickly he moved out of the way and bashed it hard with his tail to find it exploding. What a weak robot! It must be made a of cheap metal.

Disregarding this, he kept on running towards Wacky's lab, passing bridges and plenty of palm trees. He passed a few more MODbots, but he soon figured out that is was easier to charge into them before them noticing. Eventually, he reached Sol Ridge.

HOORAY!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 0
Badniks Destroyed: 5
Time Bonus: 1800

Total Score: 2300

Minty: Good enough!
Minty hurried off to Wacky's Lab.

Tell me what you think!
Last edited by mintdrop on Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:21 pm, edited 14 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 1!

Post by Mana »

Keep it going Minty. I really like the little code sections in the story.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Post by Lamby »

^Pretty much this. The code sections are pretty creative! I'll edit this post with more insight by tomorrow, but I promise not to nitpick.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

try to work on your pacing, the chapter went by really quickly in a meh way

other than that I have no issues
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

I'm making the first level into a mod. You don't get a choice.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure - Chapter 6 is up!!! READ NOW

Post by mintdrop »

@Mana and AtomicBat: Thank you! That means a lot to me.

@ Riku: Okay, I'll try not to rush it this time.

@Crash: ouo thank you !! i'll try and make future levels more original.

Minty hurried into the futuristic laboratory. White smoke was pouring out of every corner, crack and crease, but the building itself seemed to be strangely intact. He swung open the doors to find a distressed Wacky holding a spanner, and a chao floating around looking confused. Wacky was a grey raccoon who constantly wore lab goggles and a lab coat. She had a pet chao called Smudge; he was impetuous, silly and a little bit clumsy. He was a bit plain in appearance; a N/N/N with full raccoon parts, but he and Wacky suited each other well.

"Minty!" Wacky exclaimed. "Something bad has happened!" She was pacing up and down rapidly.
"I can see that, what actually happened?" He replied quickly.
"Well, you know that spectrum crystal I had been making?!"
"Yeah?"
"Well I was adding the last piece of it..."
"Yeah?!"
"When it EXPLODED!"
"Woah, what?!" Minty looked around. There were no smashed windows.
"They all flew out of the door at once..." She sighed and Smudge laid a sympathetic paw of her shoulder. Minty wondered if there was any hope in finding it.
"Well, they can't be far." he reassured her. But secretly, they both knew that the shards were probably scattered all over the Chao Islets, but none of them had the heart to tell the other.
"You're right, I guess!" She replied with a bit more enthusiasm. Minty was about to go out looking, but she called him back with a "WAIT!" and she scampered towards a counter with an endless stream of gizmos on it. Minty was quite bewildered. She came back wearing a red bracelet, looking quite pleased with herself.
"I've invented a device which allows me to glide! So unless you're reeeeally eager, can I do some looking?"
Minty nodded in agreement.

STAGE 2: SOL RIDGE
PLAYER: WACKY
MISSION 1: FIND 3 PIECES OF THE SPECTRUM CRYSTAL!
Wacky stood in Sol Ridge, with Smudge by her side, raring to go. She knew Sol Ridge off by heart; finding the first few pieces of the spectrum crystal would be a cakewalk. Thankfully, Wacky trained herself do do tricks early on, and as a result was quite acrobatic. She could somersault and slide with ease. However, strength-wise she wasn't great, so she carried her trusty spanner for protection. Smudge helped out a fair bit too.

She started off by climbing her way to the highest peak of Sol Ridge (being chased by wild dogs up trees at an early age does help in the long run). Not only was there an excellent view of the sea, but she would easily be able to access all parts of the area. Scanning the area, she found a bright light peeking around a large coconut tree. At once, herself and Smudge glided towards the light. It was in fact a shard! She high-fived Smudge in accomplishment then started to scan the area again.

Finding the second shard would be a bit harder, seeing as she wasn't on the highest point any more. Instead, she searched the lower grounds. Suddenly, Smudge rocketed off, beckoning Wacky to follow. She did so and followed him to a shrubbery. The shard wasn't in the bushes, but in a nearby pond. She looked at it and sighed. She reluctantly waded through the muddy water and caught the shining shard. 2 down, one to go!

Gleefully she jumped out of the water and climbed up a nearby tree. Maybe she could see it around here? with a sudden impulse, she saw something in the distance. No, she saw multiple things in the distance. Red... like a minature plane... with white M.O.D. letters... MODbots from the MOD agency?! Why...? She saw one zoom towards her in the air and she ducked. Why would they target her?! She was no threat! Her brother was part of the agency, she wouldn't want to attack it. But apparently, Smudge did and he destroyed every one that came their way. Strangely enough, the last shard turned out to be in the robot itself, and her quest was complete.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 6
Time Bonus: 2500
Smudgehints used: 1

Total Score: 3000

Wacky: Sweet! We did it Smudge!
She hurried back to Minty, who was waiting patiently in her lab.
Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 1.2 is up!

Post by Crash32 »

This is just so brilliant. The whole style of it reading like a game and all.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Wow thank you! I've never had this much praise haha. Since everyone seems to be enjoying it, i'll write the next chapter soon. :3
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 2! SnooPING AS usual I see (part 1)

Back in the lab, Wacky and Minty were talking about where the rest of shards could be.
"I've got to be honest with you Wacky... they could be anywhere!" Minty said.
"I know, I know..." There was a small pause in the conversation. "Wait! I have an idea!" Just as before, Wacky rushed over to the counter of endless gizmos, and after a while of rattling and clanging, pulled out what looked like a tracking device. "If I can just input the frequency amount of the crystal... and there!" She held it up in the air. Minty looked bewildered.

SPECTRUM CRYSTAL
Nearest location...................................scanning..............................
Candycane Maze, CANDY ISLAND
"Candycane Maze?!" Minty looked out of the lab window to the ocean. On the horizon was in fact, Candy Island. "How are we supposed to get there?" Wacky looked as crestfallen as Minty did.
"I dunno..."
"Hey, how about we go back to Chaopolis and mull it over?"

Back in Chaopolis, Minty and Wacky were wandering around. It was impossible to find the rest of the pieces; neither of them had a boat or plane that could fly them to Candy Island. As they were walking, they both noticed an amount of rings were dotted around the city. To pass the time, they had a competition to see how much they could get. They were both on par at 20 rings, Smudge helping Wacky, when Minty walked straight into something red. His rings scattered all around him.
"Owch!" He exclaimed. And looked up, astonished. "MODbots here, too?!"
"They're eeeeverywhere!" Wacky replied. Smudge was building up fury.
"Come on, let's see how many are in the city!" Said Minty, whacking the MODbot with his tail.

STAGE 3: CHAOPOLIS
PLAYER: MINTY/WACKY (CO-OP)
MISSION 1: PATROL THE CITY FOR MODBOTS!
They stood in Chaopolis, scanning the area for any red robots. Alone it would've been a difficult task, but now they had each other to rely on. Smudge was always very helpful in times of crisis too. They both decided that Minty would lead, being the faster of the duo, and he set off.

Soon enough, they encountered more of the plane MODbots flying around. Minty and Wacky attacked them with their tail and spanner respectively while Smudge simply charged into them.
"Looks like these robots were destroyed... in MODERATION." Wacky said smugly. Minty sighed in disapproval. "Oh come on, don't be so MODest!" She added.
"Wacky, I like you, but if you keep cracking these jokes I'm going to have to BAN you from coming near me!"
"You'll get it eventually."

After the series of puns, Minty and Wacky made their way up to the highway. Of course there were MODbots here too, holding up the traffic. Tonnes of them, patrolling the highway, both the bipedal kind and the plane kind. One by one they punched, whacked and kicked the robots on the highway; many hovercar drivers get out of their cars to see what was going on. Suddenly, they heard sirens. The police were after them! They stopped to put their hands up to the police. Minty took deep breaths, while Wacky bit her lip in worry. They waited for the police hovercar to stop, but it didn't. It charged towards them.
"JUMP!" Minty yelled at the top of his voice. He grabbed Wacky's arm and jumped as high as he could; they managed to successfully dodge the police car.
"Thank you...!" Wacky replied, in shock.
"Don't mention it." He said, taking a moment to smile at her. "Hey, Smudge, what are you doing! STOP!"
Smudge was charging towards the police car at full speed. Wacky closed her eyes as Minty ran after him in an attempt to grab him, but he couldn't. Smudge had already headbutted the car at full speed, causing a big explosion, bigger than any of the ones MODbots made. Minty ran over, a terrible feeling of dread in his stomach, and a lump in his throat. Smudge was covered in ash, and blinking rapidly. Minty felt sweet relief come over him - Smudge was alive!
"You...?" He looked at the remains of the car. There was no-one in there. Wacky came rushing over, hugging Smudge and not letting go.
"Don't you ever do anything dangerous for us again!" She cried. Minty disregarded him for a second and looked at one of the doors. They, in fact, had "M.O.D." written on them too. He clenched his fists in anger.
"We were tricked!" He shouted in fury. Wacky was outraged. She too saw the door. "Come one, let's destroy every bot on this city!"

After about half an hour of patrolling the city, Minty and Wacky were tired and were satistfied that every MODbot was gone. they lazily high-fived each other.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 55
Badniks Destroyed: 100/100
Time Bonus: 100

Total Score: 10650
Minty: Awesome!
Wacky the Taccoon
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 2.1 is up!

Post by Wacky the Taccoon »

This is amazing, Minty. The writing style a code sections give it a really nice feel. I also love the PUNS and the way that you depicted me as a crazy scientist from past jokes. XD
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 2.1 is up!

Post by mintdrop »

@ Wacky: thank you ouo glad you're enjoying it!

Minty and Wacky were tired after their patrol of the city. The day was turning into night and neither of them had eaten anything all day, so they picked a restaurant. Minty wanted to get pizza but Wacky insisted that she wouldn't eat anything other than tacos, so they went to a taco bar. All was well, apart from when Wacky forgot Smudge was allergic to taco shells and he sneezed the biggest sneeze either of them had seen, so they were told to get out. They were still tired, but at least Smudge was served last and both of them got to eat something.
"Well, we can't get the spectrum crystal, but at least the MODbots are gone." Minty said through a sigh.
"Oh, so it was you who were destroying the MODbots?" A welsh accent sounded behind them. They jumped and turned around. A hare clad in MODarmour, holding a banhammer. "Can't let you do that, Mint."
"How do you know my name...?" Minty asked, astonished. "Who are you?!"
"I am the 9th agent of the M.O.D. agency, Agent JmTsHaW. I know everyone in Chao Island." He said. "What you have been doing is unacceptable behaviour. I'm afraid that I must ban the both of you, and your chao friend."
"But..." Wacky replied.
"No questions. Now, we battle."

BOSS 1: JMTSHAW
PLAYER: MINTY/WACKY (CO-OP)
JmTsHaW snapped his fingers, summoning a boundary in the city, circling 10m around them. Escape was severely unlikely. To start the fight, JmT held out his arm and shot rockets through what seemed to be a blaster. Smudge tried to charge back at it headfirst, but Wacky grabbed him and time and jumped out the way. It crashed into the ground, scattering ash everywhere.
"Hahaha, okay. Let's see how you face against a homing rocket." JmT said smugly, firing another rocket. It targeted Minty and chased him around the battlefield. To add to his torture, JmT fired another rocket at him. They both hit him and scattered the rings he and Wacky had been collecting. Wacky dived into the scene, grabbed the rings and helped Minty up.
"We can't just run around waiting for him to attack! We have to do something!" Minty whispered to Wacky, as JmT fired another rocket. They both jumped out of the way.

Apparently, Smudge heard them and decided to sneak up on JmT from behind, continuously head butting him to cause maximum damage. A bit of JmT's armour fell off as Smudge returned to Wacky.
"That's it!" Wacky said. "We need to attack him from behind!" Minty smiled. "Minty, I'll distract him, you and Smudge hit him when his back is turned. Wacky continued to dodge his missiles while Minty and Smudge crept behind JmT.
"Take this!" Minty cried as he whacked JmT's back with his tail, before dashing away. Another piece of armour fell off.
"So you want to play it rough, then?" JmT smirked. He retrieved his banhammer and charged up to Minty. Without any time to run, he returned Minty's shot by whacking him out of the battlefield; now it was up to Wacky.
"Oh, gosh..." She said, panicking. She looked around or Smudge, but she saw that he was with Minty. She continued to run around the battlefield, dodging rockets. If she could keep this up, she might be able to get behind JmT and- WHAM. JmT had knocked Wacky out of the battlefield too. It was over.

LEVEL COMPLETE?

Rings: 20
Boss Hits: 2

Total Score: 2200
Minty: Urgh... we can do better...

The sun was skimming the horizon as an omelet stood in central Chaopolis, near Central Tower. Except he wasn't really an omelet, but a cat who loved omelets so much that people nicknamed him omelet. His real name was Mike, though. Omelet had lost his legs in a fishing accident a while back. Luckily he had been friends with Wacky, who didn't just give him robot legs but also made him a fully transforming mech. It was incredibly handy, and in this current moment in time Omelet was using it. He too had been destroying the MODbots in the city.Standing outside Central Tower was a couple; Linds Twosixnine and Ninten Doggu. Omelet was good friends with the couple and they had waved and called him over.
"Hey Omelet," said Dawg. "We need to ask you to do us a favour."
"Okay, what would you like me to do?" Omelet replied. He secretly hoped that it would be something silly, like balancing 10 pancakes on his nose.
"Well, we saw Minty and Wacky get carried into Central Tower by a MOD..." Linds continued.
"And we know that they wouldn't do anything bad..."
"So could you bust them out?"
"Of course." He was slightly disappointed that the favour wasn't balancing 10 pancakes on his nose, but he had to help his friends!

STAGE 4: CENTRAL TOWER
PLAYER: OMELET
MISSION 1: RESCUE MINTY AND WACKY!
Omelet entered Central Tower in his mech. He knew it would be a destructive task, breaking through the most important building in Chaopolis to break out some criminal friends of his in a giant robot walker, but he was brave. Everyone in the lobby looked at him, frightened, and proceeded to hide under tables and desks. The security robots were in fact MODbots. Taking a deep breath he shot at them - this was for their own good. It wasn't like they were living or anything.

He entered the lift. He pressed to go to the top floor, where the prisoners were kept, but the door shut behind him and a security message shouted 'WARNING, WARNING' and the lift didn't go up. Flying MODbots materialised around him. Luckily the lift was roomy and he had enough space to fire bullets without harming himself. He defeated wave after wave of MOdbots. How many did they need?!

Nothing was going to stop him. The lift started to work again and it continued to carry him upwards. Wave after wave of robots came through the elevator and he was running out of ammo. He might have to resort to melee soon. thankfully he was nearing the top floor.

At about halfway through the 7th wave, Omelet ran out of ammo. He had no choice, so he stood up in his mech and waited for the flying MODbots to come charging at him. Luckily they came one at a time; Omelet wasn't quick, but he was fairly strong. He punched away 2 more waves of robots and soon enough he was at the top floor. Finally, he could rescue his friends! He hopped back into his mech and manoeuvred it to exit the lift.

His mech walked over to the prison cells where he saw Minty, Wacky, and a chao. He rushed over to let them free, but a giant MODbot materialised out of what seemed like nowhere. Omelet took a step back. He didn't have any ammo! The giant bipedal MOdbot clenched its fists, with spikes for knuckles. Omelet braced himself as the MODbot punched his mech, causing a massive dent to appear.

Now if Omelet wasn't faster than the mega robot that stood in front of him, then he would be long gone. But he was faster. He circled the MODbot, confusing it and after a few minutes, he managed to make it fall over. Success! He seized the opportunity and freed Minty, Wacky and Smudge from their energy-field prison cell.
"Hop in!" He ordered and they did so without a doubt. Omelet repetitively tapped the 'PLANE MODE' button as he heard the monster robot quake behind him. "Come on..."

PLANE MODE ACTIVATED
And with that, they smashed though the window and flew off.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 1337
Time Bonus: 1000

Total Score: 14370

Omelet: Awww yeah. 
Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 2.2 is up!

Post by Crash32 »

Omelet
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by Omelet »

Amazing is this
Mhhhmmm... I am tasty enough for you, anon-kun? *sizzle*
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

I love it, Mints! I'm looking forward to seeing the rest!
The usage of the code is creative, and I can easily imagine this being a game ^.^
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

@ Crash: haha thats cute

@ Omelet: glad you like it!

@ Chaolin: thank you ouo

i cant stop writing help me

Omelet's mech, the Egg Sweeper (as he liked to call it) was currently soaring away from Chao Island. Minty and Wacky explained their situation to Omelet.
"SO THAT'S WHY WE NEED TO GO TO CANDYCANE MAZE." Minty shouted for the 3rd time. The noise from the plane accelerating was incredibly loud and obnoxious.
"OKAY, BUT WHY IS THE SPECTRUM CRYSTAL SO IMPORTANT?" Omelet shouted back.
"BECAUSE IT CONTAINS TONNES OF UNBELIEVABLE POWER." Wacky answered. "IF ANYONE CAME IN CONTACT WITH IT, THEY COULD EASILY USE IT FOR EVIL PURPOSES!"
"OH, I SEE NOW." Omelet said in confirmation. Meanwhile, Smudge was tugging on Wacky's coat collar. She turned around. An armoured hare was angrily chasing them on the mega MODbot Omelet had narrowly escaped.
"LOOK OUT!"

SUB STAGE 1: AIR ESCAPE
PLAYER: OMELET/MINTY/WACKY (CO-OP)
MISSION 1: GET TO CANDY ISLAND!
The trio (and of course Smudge) were in the plane, scared for their lives. They had to make an Air Escape. The sun was setting and the sky was coloured orange. Omelet put the windshield on to help protect the plane. JmT would no doubt fire homing missiles at them - and they could hear each other better.

WARNING. WARNING. UPCOMING TURBULENCE.
The plane bumped and rattled as if it was driving on top of cobblestone. JmT was getting closer.
"Hold on everyone!" Omelet shouted as he turned the plane on a 90 degrees tilt to avoid a missile. He swooped down lower as Wacky fumbled with one of the spectrum shards she had on her.
"Oh Spectrum, filled with power, filled with might, please grant Omelet some ammunition!" She said, and her breath was instantly taken away from her. A glowing light filled the plane and cause Omelet to lose track of where he was going. Wacky gasped for breath, still holding the crystal shard. "Try... firing... something..." Omelet listened and did as he was told. He selected homing missile and launched it backwards at his foe, JmT. There was a large crash behind him. Minty grinned with excitement.

"It's working! Do it again!" Minty said gleefully. Omelet smiled and launched another missile. Another crash. JmT looked at the plane in frustration and gripped on tight to the robot. He launched several plane MODbots out of its mouth, and Minty's grin turned into a frown. "Uh-oh, prepare a gun! Prepare a gun!" Omelet puffed out his chest, and pressed a button, making a gun appear outside the plane. Minty hesistantly got out, gripped the gun and fired at every MODbot he saw.

WARNING. WARNING. HUGE TURBULENCE UP AHEAD. WARNING WARNING. HUGE TURBULENCE UP AHEAD.
"Minty, get in!" Omelet shouted. But Minty didn't hear; the windshield blocked out the sound and it was far too dangerous to open it. "Oh no..." The plane shook violently, making Minty lose grip. Soon he was flung into the air...

They had to keep going. Wacky regained her breath and looked to see Minty flying across the horizon. the sun was setting.
"Minty..." She said with a tear in her eye. "We have to get JmT. Before we lose another." She held Smudge close to her. Omelet fired another homing missile at JmT and his robot seemed to lose altitude and was slowly crashing towards the ocean. They did it.

"We did it..." Omelet said and Wacky smiled weakly, tears still present in her eyes.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks destroyed: 20
Time Bonus: 1000

Total Score: 1200

Omelet: Yay...

"Where...?" Said a cobalt fox. His vision was blurry and his body was cold. All he saw was white and clouds. Snow was falling majestically, and there was aurora present in the sky. "Wacky? Omelet?" He called out. No reply. All he remembered was falling out of a battleship. He sniffled and a tear drop fell; he'd let down his team and he was in the afterlife. Great help he was.

"Well, at least the view is nice..." He remarked. "Seems familiar..." A deep sense of nostalgia overwhelmed him. "Wait..." HE recalled a memory, a memory of flight and making snowmen. This wasn't the afterlife after all! He had to call Wacky. He reached her his E-Phone and tried to dial up Wacky's number.

CALLING.........
ERROR: NO SIGNAL.
Well, what would you expect from being on top of Glacier Island's highest mountain? Of course there was no signal. He'd have to get down it first.

STAGE 5: FROZEN HEIGHTS
MISSION 1: GET TO THE LOWLANDS OF GLACIER ISLAND!
Minty loved Frozen Heights. He has grown up there as a pup and he had incredibly fond memories. Coming down the mountain and calling his friend to let them know he's alive would be the greatest feeling ever. He flapped his wings in excitement and started to slide down the mountain.

He passed trees, several small icy blue otters waddling through the snow, many pine trees and frozen waterfalls. It was truly beautiful, and there were no MODbots to ruin the scenery. He skidded a bit, almost crashing into a tree and looked down the mountain. He had a long way to go. Luckily, there were rings to collect to keep him occupied. It was odd, though, he recalled rings only being distributed in times of crisis? What crisis could there be in Frozen Heights?

After a long while he encountered a large cliff edge. A sudden impulse of bravely and nostalgia overcame him; this was where he had learned to fly. He jumped as high as he could and slowly wafted down to the next cliff. Reliving past memories was a lovely thing to do. But something was different other than his height and ability to fly properly. He looked downwards and saw dead grass and grey rock, with black smoke pouring out of what looked like a red machine. How dare whatever that is ruin Frozen Heights!

He raced furiously down the mountainside, leaving the aurora and excellent views behind him. Soon, he got to the base of the mountain and saw the red machine. Surprise surprise, It was a M.O.D. machine. Without hesitation he destroyed it with a few pummels of his tail and it exploded. He could've sworn he'd heard more explosions up in the mountain. the explosion left a horrible greasy oily stain on the mountain. He scooped snow on top of it.

Hooray! He reached the base of the mountain and destroyed a weird MOD machine!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 40
Badniks Destroyed: 0
Time Bonus: 4000

Total Score: 4400

Minty: Awesome!
He proceeded to phone Wacky.

- CONVERSATION START - MINTY/WACKY

Minty: Hello there!

Wacky: Minty?! Oh my gosh! You're aliiiiiive!

Minty: Yeah! I somehow landed on Glacier Island's tallest mountain range with only a few bruises.

Wacky: That's great! Are you sure you're okay?

Minty: Yes, I'm fine. Did you beat JmT?

Wacky: Yeah. He went plummeting into the ocean, I don't think we'll be seeing him any time soon.

Minty: Okay, cool. I guess I'll make my way over to Candy Island now.

Wacky: Okie Dokey! Have a safe journey! Bye!

Minty: Bye.

- CONVERSATION ENDED - MINTY/WACKY
Last edited by mintdrop on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 3 is up!

Post by mintdrop »

cry no one lieks mai STORY|!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!IM GOING TO QUIT 5EVER

anyway continued from chapter 3

Glacier Island wasn't the sort of place that you could spend the night on the ground in. You'd probably get frozen to death, and if not that, the snow would pile on top of you and there would be no escape. Luckily, Minty's old cave was nearby and he had decided to spend the night in there. The walls of the cave were painted a deep blue with lots of white stars on it. They were all linked together and named; Minty had liked to make his own constellations as a pup. In the centre ceiling of the cave was a big, white moon made of glow in the dark paint which he used to watch until he fell dozy and slept. He crept into his old straw bed and stared up at the moon fondly and apparently the technique still worked, and soon he was fast asleep.

When he woke up it was morning, roughly 6AM. The light from the cave entrance shone into his eyes and they immediately opened. He would have to get to Candy Island soon as he didn't want to disappoint Wacky and Omelet. He looked fondly round his old cave again, and set off towards the coast.

STAGE 6: ICE CREAM ISLANDS
MISSION 1: GET TO CANDY ISLAND!
Minty had always longed to go to Ice Cream Islands. His parents left too soon before they could all go on holiday together there and he never really had the chance. Plus, in the days when he was a pup, there was no way of getting to them other than by swimming, and swimming in an icy ocean was incredibly dangerous for a young fox. Fortunately, there was a bridge connecting all the islands.

Ice Cream Islands were, as the name suggests, entirely composed of ice cream which is held up by giant waffle cones which stretched to the sea floor. Each island possessed its own individual flavour. The first one was vanilla, then they all branched out into the basics like chocolate and strawberry, then the more complex ones like butterscotch and rum and raisin.

Minty took a hesitant step onto the vanilla island. It was like stepping on snow, something he was used to so the travel shouldn't be too hard. He gleefully ran to the end of the island and was left of the choice of chocolate and strawberry, and without a question chose chocolate. The chocolate cone was incredibly fun; he purposefully slipped over multiple so that he had an excuse to lick the chocolate off of his hands. The next branch was cookie dough and mint choc-chip.

This was by far a very hard choice. Cookie dough was amazing, but he was ALL ABOUT MINT. He came up with a solution by taking a scoop full of cookie dough and jumping onto the mint island. Mint seemed to be like hardcore sugar for him, as each scoop of ice cream he slurped gave him a massive boost of energy. There were only two more islands left to go!

Being the only island available, he jumped onto the fudge brownie cone. This was a very popular flavour and therefore was very big; the cones liked to change and grow or shrink due to popular demand. Suddenly, though, there was a look of discrete horror on his face; he had spotted another MODmachine. in fury he slid over to the machine, which was guarded by MODbot and started to hit and it ruthlessly. Soon, it exploded and the guard MODbots around it did too. Odd. He threw as much of the ashy ice cream away as he could (before his hands went numb) and jumped onto the last island, honeycomb.

This island wasn't particularly big, only 20 metres long and he passed it with ease. Now there were only the warm shallow waters surrounding Candy Island to pass. With ease, he crossed them.

HOORAY!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks destroyed: 5
Time Bonus: 2190

Total Score: 2690

Minty: Good enough!

Meanwhile...

Wacky and Omelet had landed safely in Candy Island; Wacky was dropped off at Candycane Maze and Omelet was to keep watch over the island for anything that might be considered a "MODbot type threat". Smudge hadn't eaten anything for about a day and was feasting on the cake that Candy Island was composed of.
"Don't worry Smudge, the island regenerates every day. So you don't have to worry about getting rid of it all together!" Wacky reassured him, but he clearly didn't care. He was ravenous. Wacky was feeling a little bit hungry too, so she nibbled on the chocolate drops that decorated the island. Soon, she would search for the shards of the spectrum crystal shards, but right now she was tired; she didn't get much sleep on the plane. She dozed off for a while...

Last edited by mintdrop on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thats it guys
im STOPPING FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!
no more fanfics for you

anyway here have a chapter 3 continuation

STAGE 7: CANDYCANE MAZE
PLAYER: WACKY
MISSION 1: FIND 3 PIECES OF THE SPECTRUM CRYSTAL
Candycane Maze was utterly confusing. There were many paths to take and so many colours that one could get lost in it just by looking at it for a few minutes. At least this time Wacky had her radar with her. She looked up the sky. completely orange with a few pink clouds. It seemed that those were the only colours present above Candy Island's skies at all times. Thankfully her radar was beeping, even if it was doing it slowly.

She wasn't familiar with Candycane maze at all - nor was anyone, except maybe the small animals that resided there. she started off by following the candycane path she was standing on, holding Smudge close to her. The radar seemed to stop beeping, so she halted and ran the other way. The beeping got more intense. So intense that the light on the radar had turned from the usual green to an alarming red, but she didn't know where it could possibly be. However, Smudge was up in the air and saw that it was above her head and directed her attention to it. She gave him a high-five.

Her radar signalled for her to go through a nearby tunnel. Yes, the maze unfortunately had tunnels and bridges too. This tunnel seemed to lead her to a high bridge however, and she had a better view of the maze. Something was glimmering behind a candycane pole...

She glided swiftly towards it, ready to grab it. But to her surprise, when she touched the glimmering object it turned around, showing amber eyes and red M.O.D. initials. A silver plane type MODbot with a red machine gun attached to the bottom of it. In panic, Wacky ran away from it and hid behind another candycane as it fired red bullets. Smudge angrily charged at the MODbot, which didn't explode instantly. Instead, it followed the duo. It came closer and closer... until...

BANG. It exploded in Wacky's face, knocking her back. Wow! A MODbot with a machine gun and a timed bomb inside of it. Now she had to deal with them too. The task of collecting pieces was infuriating but she couldn't give up. Following the radar, she soon found the next crystal shard stationed behind a big slab of rock candy. Then, her radar started to act up. It told her to first go left, then backwards, then right, then forwards. Wacky was clueless; whenever she tried to follow one direction it told her to go a different way.

After a few minutes of taking a never ending circle path, Wacky gave up. To see if it would work again, she looked up and saw a gleaming light again. she wasn't going to be fooled this time. So, she found the nearest bridge to get a better look at the gleam of silver she saw. Yep, definitely a MODbot. The same as before. She decided to glide straight into it, with Smudge to see if that would have any effect. She didn't want it to explode and destroy the shard inside, scattering THAT into many pieces. On a countdown, they both charged into the silver MODbot and it exploded with a smaller explosion from the last time with the shard intact.

SUCCESS!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 50
Badniks Destroyed: 2
Time Bonus: 200
Smudgehints used: 1

Total Score: 800

Wacky: Sorry, Smudge, I let you down...

Meanwhile, on the other side of Candy Island, Omelet had landed so that the Egg Sweeper didn't run out of fuel. It turned out he landed in Peppermint Falls, a relaxing location with peppermint flavoured waterfalls and a few lakes. The ground was composed of chocolate cake with chocolate icing, which Omelet had eaten a lot of. Plane driving was hard, okay? He was taking a stroll through the area, when he noticed posters. Posters of cute animal drawings and a few of the creatures 'humans' too. They all seemed to be blushing and a few of them hugging each other.

There were also some older posters around, posters of chao (most of them captioned 'OLD - PLEASE DO NOT LOOK', although Omelet found them to be just as cute. His walk turned out to take him behind the major waterfall, whcih still had a chocolate path behind it. There was a hole in the ground behind it which read;

In a hole, there lived a rabbit.
Not a spongey hole filled with jam and topped with icing,
nor a muddy hole you find on other islands,
but a rabbit hole, and that meant CHOCOLATE.

Please feel free to enter

After reading the sign, Omelet entered immediately. The first corridor was filled with many posters of the cute drawings he had seen before.
"Hello?" He called out. "I read your sign and came in!" His voice echoed throughout the house and soon a teal rabbit with green eyes came out the opposite facing door in the corridor. She wore a white shirt, a green neck scarf, black shoes and a black skirt, and a black beret. She was holding a paintbrush too.
"Oh, hey." She replied casually. "I'm Choco, have you come to see my art?"
"Choco..." He recognised the name. "You wouldn't be the Choco who has art in Chao Island's Artwork and Media gallery?" She looked back sheepishly and scratched the back of her head.
"Yeah, haha." She said. "Come with me." She led Omelet into a room with a peppermint floor and painted canvas for walls. There were a few small animals darted around the room, with otters paw-painting on the canvases and many rabbits chasing each other with paintbrushes. "Please don't mind the animals; I try to chuck them out but they keep coming back."
"No, it's fine, I'm fond of animals." He said with a smile. "Let's see some drawings then!"

After a few hours of drawing and Omelet finding a painting of hers of a yellow and blue drill monster which he was fond of, he decided to set off. She showed him to the door and said thanks for him coming and watched him get back into his walker. Suddenly, a thought must've crossed her mind as she came bounding at an extraordinary speed towards him.
"Hey, is that your mech?" She aksed.
"Of course."
"Could you do a favour for me?"
"Sure..." He thought about the last favour he had been given and wondered where this one could take him.
"Well, I've been dreaming about collecting the legendary Rainbow Gems that were scattered around the Chao Islands. They're said to give elemental - and unlimited paint - to those who find them all. They're hidden in the special zone; the gems themselves aren't in this world but the portal keys to get to the special zone are. I don't want you to take me around every island to find them, but I know there's a key nearby which I'm stopped from getting since there's something blocking the way. Could you help me get it please?"
"Okay."

Last edited by mintdrop on Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
chocohugs
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: a minute of thought is worth a lifetime of effort

Post by chocohugs »

fffffffanart???? ?? ? fanart

tumbl - twittr | avatar by tsui
(15:29:10) Jack_Augustine has never been hugged by a girl before
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

I vote for being the ultimate burden and sacrifice to this story.

Minty, you are allowed to make me the Big the Cat of this roleplay as the Ramcoon I am.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Choco that is the cutest thing ever!!!!!!!

Triert I have all characters planned already, sorry. I might just make a few cameos though, so keep your eye out. :3
and yes crash as my most loyal supporter you shall be included
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

new chapter!!!!!!!!!omg

STAGE 8: PEPPERMINT FALLS
PLAYER: CHOCO
MISSION 1: FIND THE RED KEY!
Choco and Omelet had exchanged E-Phone numbers so that Choco could call Omelet to destroy the obstacle when she needed to. She stood in Peppermint Falls, and stated to jog to her destination. Peppermint Falls was extremely relaxing (some people said hat the mintwater gave off a soothing aroma) and was well known for breaking up many disputes. Choco had frequented the place, seeing as she lived there and knew it well, although she frantically paced around the obstacle that stood between her and the red key thinking of how to overcome it. Whatever she tried would resort to naught.

Choco had a special ability, the ability to change her stats according to her location. For example, the one time she visited Volcano Island, she had gotten the ability to punch with a blast of fire and stomp viciously. Right now, in Candy Island (and the same goes for Chao Island), however, she was generally quite a normal bunny, being outstandingly quick - rivalling the speeds of Minty - and good at jumping. She attacked with kicks but they weren't very powerful. So she tended to avoid combat. Another thing she could do was jump in midair, a rare ability of inhabitants of the Chao Islands.People say that she is so adaptable due to her so called "artistic abilities".

By the time Choco was being described, she was already halfway to her destination, passing the major waterfalls and now running alongside the mint lake. The ground was composed of chocolate cake and peppermint rocks. The sky was orange as usual, especially so since the sun was rising. She sped up, eager to get to her destination, jumping when she needed to and eventually got to the mint river. Now she would have to swim.

Or, since she could jump in midair, Choco simply opted to do that to not get her feet wet. Soon enough, she was at the obstacle and she called Omelet.

- CONVERSATION START - CHOCO/OMELET

Omelet: Hello?

Choco: Oh, hey, I'm at the obstacle now. Could you help me out?

Omelet: Okay. I'll be right there.

Choco: Thanks.
Choco put her E-Phone away and looked inspected obstacle again. It was a smooth, deep black wall, plugged into the ground, blocking the cavern behind it which emitted a dim, red light. She knew the key had to be there. She waited for Omelet, tapping her foot impatiently on the cakey ground. After a few minutes she heard his plane in the sky, and she signalled for him to come down. Omelet then came to the obstacle in his mech.

"So this is it," Choco stated, showing Omelet the black wall. "Please try and break it." He looked at it up and down, checking for any weak points. Nothing was noticeably obvious. He closed his eyes and shot twice at the black wall, causing two very small holes to appear. "Keep trying!" Choco ebbed him on. He could always try firing a missile.
"Keep back, I'm going to fire something bigger." Omelet said, and Choco stepped back a few steps. He shot his last missile at the wall, causing a huge hole to appear in it, and making it de-materialise. Choco was impressed.
"Thanks!"
"No problem." And with that, Omelet flew off in his plane, ready to pick up Minty and Wacky in Candycane Maze. Choco went through the mineral rich cave, the chocolate getting darker and the red light getting stronger and she went deeper and deeper inside. Mintwater dripped down from the top of the cave; she must've been below the lake.

Eventually she saw the key. Glistening with red light... it was the key to the special zone. She grabbed it excitedly and disappeared from thin air!

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Badniks Destroyed: 0
Time Bonus: 5800

Total Score: 5800

Choco: Damn right.

Choco watched as she spiralled into the special zone. Instantly, she was transported into a long transparent tunnel in the sky and the red rainbow gem sped past her. She was ready to go.

SPECIAL STAGE! RED GEM
PLAYER: CHOCO
Finally, after long last she was in the Special Zone! She had read about it, and you apparently had to chase the gem down and catch it. This should be easy; Choco was fast. She set off immediately, rings and super rings flying past her at incredible speeds.

In the Special Zone, Choco had the ability to dash at the cost of rings. She collected at many as she could and dashed away towards the red gem that awaited her grasp and was soon very close to it. However, without her noticing some spiky bombs had homed in on her feet and the gem was out of reach. She had tripped and had to get up again!

Choco now dashed harder than ever, avoiding bombs and collecting rings. The gem was in her reach again, so she spread out her hand and...

BONUS ROUND!!

"God dammit!" Choco cursed as the Gem disappeared and two chao on a hot air balloon screamed chao-like noises and waved at Choco. One of them was a neutral chao and the other was a dark chao. The neutral chao threw lots of rings for her to collect, with a sloppy aim, while the dark chao managed to throw several bombs at her with excellent accuracy. Choco scowled at the dark chao, and when she threw one of the bombs back in fury, it got scared and stared to throw rings too. The neutral chao giggled and waved goodbye. The bonus round was over and the gem was in sight again!

Choco grabbed it and with a sigh of relief stopped.

SPECIAL STAGE COMPLETE!

Rings: 1337
Time Bonus: 4000

Capture Successful!!

Choco: A is for one amazing Choco!
She was instantly warped back to the centre of Candy Island, Candycane Maze, where the colours seemed surprisingly dull compared to the Special Zone.
Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Lamby
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: running this block, running the chain gang

Re: Chao Island! Adventure (CI!AUFest) - Chapter 4 is UP

Post by Lamby »

If you were writing plot progression for Sonic games I think I would have much more fun paying attention.

So, when is enigmatic Atomic, wearing a dashing tuxedo, appearing to save our heroes from certain doom?

Just messing with you. With or without me, this will be great.
"Oh baby won't you stop it/you and I haven't got it
Television romance "
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

thank you atomic!!! maybe one day a bat in a snazzy tuxedo will come and save our heroes.....

Minty stood in Candycane Maze, his feet smothered in ice cream and his paws numb with cold, with Wacky and Omelet. There were deciding what they should do, when something in the sky had caught their eye. The sun was setting and the usually bright orange was turning into a deep mystical blue, and some stars were beginning to appear in the sky, glittering shyly. Through all of this impending beauty, flew a ship covered in neon signs. The trio's eyes twinkled in excitement and Smudge tried to grab it (he didn't realise it was far away) but failed. they had been making plans to go up in see it.

"I know what that is!" Minty exclaimed in excitement, remembering the times he had seen it fly by and he looked in wonder. "It's the Neon Starship! It circles Chao Island once a year and is not only a spectacular sight but a totally cool night out. let's fly to it with your mech, Omelet!"
"Yeah, that sounds like a great idea!" Wacky said enthusiastically!
"Okay!" Omelet replied. Soon, Choco came bolting towards them.
"Are you going there?" She asked the three. They all nodded. "Can I please come with you? I know I'm asking a lot of favours and stuff but-"
"Sure, you can come." Wacky said on behalf of everyone.

After a while of getting into the mech, looking at awe in Choco's art (she brought her sketchbook everywhere) and getting Smudge to settle down, they set off. Choco was amazed at the altitude the plane reached, and was even more impressed when Omelet started to do tricks in the air. It was a fun ride towards the Starship, and everyone was enjoying their selves thoroughly. By the time they got there, it was nightfall and all of them excitedly rushed to get in first. It was decided that they would pair up and explore it; Wacky with Omelet, and Minty with Choco.

STAGE 9: CASINO DECK
PLAYER: WACKY/OMELET (CO-OP)
MISSION 1: GET 500 RINGS!
The Casino Deck was an incredible area anyone would be lucky to visit. It was bright, colourful, fairly easy to navigate and was lit up by warm coloured neon lights, such as red and pink. The floor of the deck was a rich red carpet with marble lining and light poles which flashed different colours. There were springs and bumpers to keep you amused - any person would be entertained for hours here.

Wacky (and Smudge) would be the one to lead, since she was faster and Omelet was in a mech which was obviously a lot slower. Wacky rushed towards a giant pinball table which was lit up with orange and pink and Wacky signalled for Omelet to come over. You apparently needed to have rings to enter it, so they scanned the area for any. Soon enough, they found some scattered around the place and Wacky rushed excitedly into it, depositing 10 rings. She was lead into a small corridor, which had a big hamster ball for her to supposedly get into. She did so, Smudge following closely behind, and pushed onto the table.

It was a group effort. Omelet would control the flippers while Wacky would try to navigate the pinball table and get to the goal. It was incredibly difficult with only 3 tries: each hit of the flipper seemed to send Wacky in the completely wrong direction, as if it were rigged. the ball was incredibly slippery and Wacky struggled to manoeuvre it to her liking, despite Smudge pushing and grabbing as much as possible. As a result she lost all of her goes.

Determined, Wacky entered another 10 rings and made her way towards the table again. Omelet pressed slightly softer on the flipper triggers this time and that seemed to do the trick. This time around, Wacky was more sued to the physics of a ball on a 45 degrees slope and managed to pick up a few goodies. These goodies were mainly rings, but she managed to get a nice red wool beanie for Smudge too. She fell into the goal, finally, and activated a switch which gave Omelet an lift down and released her from her hamster ball.

She checked the ring count.

RINGS: 350/500
Only 150 to go! She better get lucky, and stay out of trouble. She was tired though, so instead she hopped into Omelet's mech, allowing him to lead. He carried on through the bowels of the ship (they were below the deck now and there were windows with spectacular views of the night sky; many other lucky passengers were stargazing) and searched for a new game to win rings on. Soon enough he found Smash 'Em!, a game in which you had to destoy the chao coloured crates and get the rings inside. Neutral chao coloured ones gave you 5 rings, hero chao coloured ones gave you a lucky bonus of 20-40 rings, dark chao coloured ones took away 10 rings or so and if you were lucky to find a light chaos chao coloured one, you'd find yourself with 200 extra rings.

Omelet destroyed all of the cyan crates he could find, earning himself a few more rings. He was happily shooting away through a pile of crates when suddenly a deep explosion erupted from inside of it. Maybe he'd it a bomb? He shurgged it off and checked the ring count again to see if there were any abnormalities.

RINGS: 424/500
It didn't look like he had lost any. Out the corner of his eye he swore he could've saw a few black streaks passing by swiftly, but he shrugged them off and continued to shoot. He unfortunately shoot a dark chao crate, although he was very close to victory.

"Look, Omelet, over there!" Wacky shouted suddenly, causing Omelet to jump.
"What?"
"Over there! A light chao crate!" Omelet had spotted it and shot at it immediately. Surprisingly, it exploded loudly such as before and they didn't get any rings. "What?! No fair." Wacky said,m crossing her arms in disgust. Omelet continued to shoot crates and eventually got 500 rings total.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 540/500
Badniks destroyed: 0
Time Bonus: 4300

Total Score: 4840

Wacky: Yayyy! 
They were both a bit puzzled though. What caused those explosions?

Last edited by mintdrop on Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Crash32 »

>shoot everything
>get points

Haha. Brilliant.
Ravenyte wrote: and yes crash as my most loyal supporter you shall be included
omg love you 5ever
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Chapter 4! Surf the seven skies (part 2)

STAGE 10: PINBALL STATION
PLAYER: MINTY/CHOCO
MISSION 1: GET TO THE END OF THE COURSE!
Minty and Choco surveyed the area. Pinball Station was a long winding course in the bowels of the ship, lit up by cool neon lights with mint and cyan colours. The ship had windows which showed the brilliant night sky, and fireworks were beginning to appear, flashing with every colour in the rainbow. The floor of Pinball Station was incredibly classy; black and white marble, lit up by cyan neon lights through the panels. The floor sometimes switched to red carpet now and then.

Minty and Choco were very competitive on deciding who should lead. They started off with a race to the pinball tunnel; whoever came first would lead. Minty touched his toes and took a deep breath, but Choco had already started. Minty was furious and flapped his wings as hard as he could to try and catch up to her but it was no use. Choco was already at the pinball tunnel.
"No fair!" Minty wailed. "You started before me."
"You didn't say any rules, silly." Choco remarked and smirked. Minty rolled his eyes and waited for her to move so that he could follow her. She did so and made her way towards the first pinball table.

This one was different from the Casino Deck one. There weren't any controls; only human hamster balls and glass to smash trough - then you were in, having to rely on pure luck. This was fairly good news for Minty as he got to participate in the actual fun. The pinball table was also cyan and it had several slot machine in it, which your hamster ball supposedly rolled into and you got a prize. A screen was displaying information, and the duo looked it it before dashing off into the neon puzzle that awaited them.

Smash through glass to play!
Get more than 1 person into the slot machine and double the prize! (Or the loss)
Finishing the pinball table by getting to the goal hole at the top!
Choco finished reading the sign and got into a hamster ball. She fist bumped Minty before dashing through the glass pane. once she landed on the neon machine, she struggled to get to grips with the slope. She fell over in her ball and was heading straight for the LOSS section, when Minty bumped her up the pinball table. With this sudden rush, she thanked the flailing Minty behind her and dashed for the slot machine. After a few seconds, she fell out, earning herself and Minty 100 rings.

She then fell onto a giant flipper, which in turn pushed her towards a giant shortcut slide, which led her much closer to the goal hole at the top. Here it led her into a another slot machine. She was just about to exit when Minty fell into it too. He was incredibly dizzy; he had obviously been rolling instead of running. When they were released, they managed to get themselves 400 rings.

After a lot of bumping and two losses, Choco and Minty managed to get themselves to the next area. They read the screen again. It only had one instruction.

Jump on the bumpers to avoid the pinball table!
They looked across and saw a few bumpers floating in mid-air, with one floating platform in the middle of the goal, serving as some sort of checkpoint. Despite being slightly dizzy, Minty flapped his wings and took hold of Choco, carrying her across to the middle platform.
"Wow, I forgot you could fly, haha." Choco said through a laugh. "Thanks!"
"Don't mention it..." Minty replied, with a smile. "The next gap seems to be a lot bigger though, I don't think I'll be able to carry you across."
"It's fine." Choco said, an with that proceeded to jump onto the first bumper, which kept launching her up and up. She jumped onto the next one, losing a bit of balance until Minty came shooting past, grabbing her as they went and dropping her on the 3rd last bumper before making his way towards the goal. He was clearly very tired.
"You can do it!" He shouted encouragingly. Choco was losing balance but managed to make her way towards the 2nd last bumper.
"Only one left, come on!" Minty shouted again. Choco jumped onto the last bumper and skipped to the goal. They high-fived each other and read the next screen for the final challenge.

No ball pinball challenge!
Slide down the pinball tables and get your way to the goal!
HAVE FUN!
They exchanged glances of apparent nervousness. Choco stepped onto the board and with some sort of instinct started to roll by herself. Minty soon followed and they went down the several pinball tables, passing through tunnels and jumping on various bumpers. There were no breaks and several pitfall traps which they both narrowly avoided - getting to the goal was no easy task.

Choco noticed several black streaks fly past her and knock her off course into a tunnel. Minty must've been affected too, as he slid around wildly everywhere. They kept coming and both of them felt that they were not part of the challenge. But they were sure making it harder. One of them knocked Choco out of her roll so forcefully that she skidded to a halt and started to run. She eventually started to roll again, and her and Minty got to the goal, finally. They were both tired and dizzy.

LEVEL COMPLETE!

Rings: 400
Badniks destroyed: 0
Time Bonus: 4900

Total Score: 5300

Choco: Damn right.
Their goal was well rewarded though. Wacky and Omelet met up with them from Casino Deck and they all watched the firework display from outside the window. When it stopped and it was time to go, the lights were all completely off. They saw that their fun was coming to a dead end.
"Where do you think you're going?" Said a welsh voice from the darkness.