<Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Re: < \ Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q / >

Post by CitrusCat »

[I was accepted via PM.]

In the city, a lone figure was wandering about. It was a Monotone Purple Hero/None/None Chao, named Orchid. Unfortunately, Orchid was very timid, and any little noise could make her jump. She looked around cautiously as she walked, afraid that danger could be lurking around the corner.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Citrus_Chao wrote:In the city, a lone figure was wandering about. It was a Monotone Purple Hero/None/None Chao, named Orchid. Unfortunately, Orchid was very timid, and any little noise could make her jump. She looked around cautiously as she walked, afraid that danger could be lurking around the corner.
It was as Orchid was walking along that she felt a delicate touch on her shoulder. "Hello," Melody greeted the purple Hero chao with a smile. "Can I help you? You look a little lost," she asked helpfully, the halo above her head bobbing. She herself didn't frequent the city often, only to sell her herbal wares when she'd collected enough from her garden. The basket on her arm was full of small vials and jars of petals, stems, and roots.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"'Returning customer'," Kinto Q smirked and the speakeasy slammed shut. A moment later the heavy door was tugged open, a gruff Power-type dark chao hooking his thumb behind him. "Get in."

They did so and Kinto made a beeline for his preferred store. There were many shop owners in the alley, but this one in particular always seemed to have what he wanted: weapons and antiques. So often he'd come for one or the other and leave with a little something extra thrown in as 'a token of appreciation for his continued patronage'. A sharp tug on his cloak made the swim chao look down.

A red chaos chao on the alley floor extended his hand with a crooked smile. "Want some white powder, man?" The horned chao's nose was dusted with the drug he'd been snorting and his solid yellow eyes weren't blinking.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

((Sorry for neglecting this RP. My mistake.))

Char had given up on reporting the illegal store, just thinking a somber they'll get chewed out themselves. Still a bit unoccupied, he rushed through the city, eventually slowing down. He felt a bit sickly at the slightest, but not enough that it would cause him to end up with some sort of disorder.

Must've been all those drugs they were selling.

((FYI: he won't be drugged, just doing this so I can add on to this paragraph.))
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

((It's not a problem. I want to know though, why in God's name would Char give up on reporting? There *are* good reasons for him to give up, such as realizing the police are quite preoccupied. But you didn't say that at all. This seems like you are reflecting your own knowledge of what's going on here onto your chao. It's fine this time, but please avoid that in the future; to be quite blunt it's unrealistic and makes for a boring role-play.))

The black market was fairly busy that day, but not quite crowded. This surprised Zack; he had never seen it this popular before. He pondered why this would be, but could not come to any real conclusion, himself.

Zack looked down at the red devil chaos chao with a mixture of annoyance and amusement. His first instinct was to eviscerate the chao for daring to interrupt him and Kinto Q, but he quickly realized that even here, the two of them needed to remain as hidden as possible. It pained him to do so, but with that in mind, he replied, "No thank you. Goodbye." Before the two quickly fell back in with the rest of the crowd.

"Have you ever seen this place so busy before?" Zack asked his master in a hushed tone.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

"Oh, um, hello..." Orchid said, turning to look at Melody. "I suppose I am a little lost... Do you know of a place where I can stay for a while? Somewhere... Safe? I don't feel very comfortable in this part of the city..."
What is my life anymore?
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

((Sorry, Quartz. I didn't know that I HAD to use that detail, so I'll keep that in mind. Let's just say that he simply gave up. Also...
I wrote:thinking a somber they'll get chewed out themselves.
So, it kinda works.))

Char looked around, the towers, buildings, and skyscrapers towering above him. However, these weren't familiar...
"Darn, I guess I ran too far." he said, taking note of the slightly different surroundings, just enough to seem like they were boasting "YOU'RE IN A DIFFERENT PART OF TOWN".

Char sighed and began wandering around, avoiding every alley he saw. He didn't want to come across a literal drug store again. So, on he went. Strangely enough, there was nobody in this part of town, only himself. I guess everyone left or something...

He rounded a corner, and saw some commoners. "I guess my statement wasn't true..." Char murmured, taking a glance at the citizens.

Char wandered some more, a slight loneliness looming over him.

((Just setting a plot event up. Not in a RP-wide sort of plot event, just a small one.))
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Kinto Q's reply was curt. "No, I have not." It was curious to take note that many of the chao exploring the alleyways didn't seem the lowlife or criminal sort. Many had the appearance of those out on the regular streets.

At last the two of them pushed their way to 'The Cauldron of Dark Delights'. It was a cheesy name for a storefront if there ever was one, but it did in many ways delight. Kinto Q flicked his wrist at the door, which opened by his telekinetic powers and held as both he and Zack entered. Finally the two dropped their cloaks, as they no longer had need to hide.

The monotone black chao who was the proprietor came rushing down the spiral staircase at them. "Mr. K!" Severus exclaimed, grabbing his hand to shake it emphatically, "I can't say how excited I am to see you back in my shop. I could try, but lemme tell ya, it wouldn't be no short story; you are good for business, my friend!"

Kinto Q lifted an eyebrow at this. He glanced out the windows at the alley. "The rabble is my doing?" A wicked smile began to preemptively curl the corners of his lips.

The black chao threw out his arms. "Ever since the diner went KABOOM! the register's been going CHA-CHING!" Severus grinned, miming out his enthusiasm in front of him. "So what can I do you both for? I got a big big big discount with your name on it." He winked.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

As Orchid waited for Melody's response, she noticed the basket and its contents. She wondered what they might be for... She figured they weren't anything she should be concerned about, however. Melody's kind face told Orchid that she could trust this Chao.
What is my life anymore?
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Citrus_Chao wrote:As Orchid waited for Melody's response, she noticed the basket and its contents. She wondered what they might be for... She figured they weren't anything she should be concerned about, however. Melody's kind face told Orchid that she could trust this Chao.
"The city can be a little intimidating," Melody admitted-- the tall buildings, the moving vehicles like the bus and trolley. She preferred the simplicity of living in the outer gardens herself. "If you have money, there are lots of hotels around." Her black-ringed eyes blinked, realizing a different solution, "Or if not, you could stay with me awhile," the Hero chao offered. It had been awhile since she'd had a guest in her home, and most often they were chao that had gotten injured or come down with an illness who needed nursing back to health. Whatever the reason, Melody enjoyed having company and being able to help those in need, and it seemed like this purple chao could use some place to stay. "I live a few miles north of the city, though I won't be going back home for a little while; I need to sell my herbs first," she held up her basket with a small giggle.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack looked around curiously as he entered the store. A dark, dusty, somewhat disorganized store, it contained all manner of chemicals. No doubt about it, this 'Severus' in front of them, pathetic as he looked, was likely more intelligent and crafty than met the eye.
"Well then ... I know I could use a little poison. Ahh, the type intended for assassination..." He trailed off. Honestly, he felt like an idiot for not knowing the real name of said variety, and was embarrassed that this silly, insignificant chao in front of them was easily more knowledgable in such things than himself.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"Oh ho ho, more big plans tonight, eh?" Severus' pointed teeth glimmered, slapping Zack on the back. "Alright, yeah, assassination. Well, that depends on how you're trying to accomplish it," he said as he stepped around an aisle to begin poking through several vials on the shelf. "Most of what I have is all-natural," he boasted, picking up a purple bottle, "I've got black widow serum, which will melt flesh." A greenish-yellow next, "Rattlesnake venom, which causes paralysis and the thickening of blood right in the veins." And pink with blue swirls, "Poison dart frog toxin, which causes quickening of pulse and heart attacks." Severus grinned at the two-tone speed chao. "What do you think? Am I enticing you yet?"
Last edited by Mamkute on Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not quote the above post. Since your post is directly following, it is assumed to be a direct reply.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack raised his hand to his lips as Severus explained, considering his options. It wasn't long before he came to a conclusion. "I'll take a couple vials of rattlesnake venom, then."
As Severus handed him two vials, Zack stood tall and awkward for a moment before suddenly slumping, saying, "Alright, well, I'll just be at the counter then while you two … settle your own business."
Still somewhat hunched over, he quickly darted off to the front counter and waited, trying and failing to look disinterested in Kinto Q's purchases.
Last edited by Chaos the Light Chao on Mon Nov 04, 2013 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please don't quote the above post.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"My primary interest this visit is explosives," Kinto told the monotone black chao, whose already large grin spread wider at the inquiry. "I can only presume you have a good stock?"

"Got somethin' to blow up, eh?" Severus clapped his hands together merrily. "Yes, biggest stock you'll find on the island. Tell me, what variety are you most interested in? I've got smoke bombs, flash bangs…" he listed off.

Kinto let out a low chuckle. "I was interested in your more lethal fare."

Severus' eyebrows lifted just a bit. "Oh yeah," he rubbed his chin and the few stubbly hairs there, "Yeah, okay. Well then you're probably wanting the fragmentation grenades. Maybe Incendiary as well?"

"Both sound excellent," the swim chao nodded with a smirk. "I'll take a dozen of each."

"Coming right up, Mr. K!" Severus winked and pointed at the other chao as he moved for the back room.

Kinto Q walked back over to Zack, placing his hand firmly upon the two-tone chao's shoulders. "Tonight will be a night to remember."
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"Hey guys, we're back!" Rascal announced as he pushed through the waves smacking against the sand. They were slightly more tumultuous than earlier, the surf having come up in accordance to the cycle of the moon. He held out his hand for Chasm to take to help her out.

"I'd wondered where you two had gotten off to," Dash spoke. Then the volleyball beaned him in the head.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack looked taken aback for a brief moment before reclaiming his stature.
"Ahah, yes, I'm sure it will be." A grin stretched across his features. Unable to truly contain his excitement, he conjured a purple ball of flame in his hand before him, admiring and contemplating it.
Yes. Soon. He thought. Those vermin in the Normal Garden always gave me hell ... well, now I WILL GIVE THEM HELL.
He jerked his fist shut hard just then, the flames dissipating just as Severus and another clerk came out carrying one heavy box of grenades each. Placing them on the counter, the black run chao grinned, saying, "For you? A baker's dozen each."

-------

"Ohh, thank you." Chasm said with an admiring smile, taking Rascal's hand and holding her gaze towards him just a touch too long as they both maneuvered to shore.
Spike laughed mischievously as his serve hit Dash, seemingly not noticing the return of either chao.
"That's the spirit," Peaches giggled.
"Hey, I see you two made it back in one piece. No crazy telekinetic chao ruining the world, Chasm." She said, smiling and shaking her head.
Chasm rolled her eyes, but she was grinning.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"Just make sure you don't 'cook' 'em too long," Severus winked upon delivery of the pun.

Kinto dug into the crate, beginning to equip the grenades to the two belts they had-- each held six. "My apprentice," he tossed the full belt to Zack and began equipping the second. "Send the remainder to my homestead," Kinto Q nodded to the proprietor. "For another time," he grinned at Zack.

"You got it, Mr. K." He snapped his fingers at his hired help, who set to the task. "So… be needing anything else? Landmines? A bazooka?" he ventured, drumming his fingers with an idle quickness on the countertop.

"Perhaps there's something of interest…" Kinto thought, eyes searching the inside of the store. It didn't take long for his discriminating gaze to fall upon an ornate mirror, shaped, most interestingly, like a pyramid, with the etching of the all-seeing eye on the top. The glass had an almost prismatic quality, bending the light that shone upon it into skattered colors. "That mirror…" he murmured. "What price were you hoping to fetch on it?"

Severus hummed. "Eight thousand rings. But, for you," he paused to smile, "seventy-five hundred."

"Most generous for a relic such as this…" Kinto Q said as he allowed his claws to trail over it. "Yes. I'll take it. Have it delivered with the rest."
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

As Kinto Q and Zack began walking out with their grenades equipped, the two-tone blue chao smirked, catching Severus' eye and saying, "Enjoy your job in retail, tool." Just as the door was shut behind them.
In the black market at large, amongst the bustle once more, he spoke up,
"So ... If you don't mind me asking, what interested you about the mirror, master?"
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Severus made a 'tch' noise. "I do enjoy my job, thankyouverymuch," he muttered to himself. He caught two of his employees putting the mirror in the same crate as the grenades. "Not in the same box, you dimwits!" he smacked the two of them over the back of the head, their emotiballs changing into squiggles. Severus rubbed his temples. "Ugh. I'm gonna do a few lines in the backroom. I trust you can handle this without my supervision."

--

Kinto Q drew his cloak up tighter around his person. "It spoke to me," he answered vaguely. "Now, let's make haste."
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack knew well enough that was his sign not to pursue the subject. He blinked once, hard, and refocused his attention to the road ahead. It mattered not. His vengeance, and further gaining his master's approval was all that truly mattered for the time being. The two were soon out of the Black Market and had to keep to the shadows from then on. Night was falling.

-------

Adrian coughed once, hard. He looked confused for a moment before realizing what a fool he was. The grey chao had been caught up in analyzing the forest; the animals all seemed frightened, and the vegetation itself seemed disturbed, somehow. Such was his curiosity that he had forgotten to take proper precautions for nightfall. Analyzing the hand in front of him that guarded his cough, little black claws already began protruding from his hand.
"Oh, bloody ... here we go again."
Adrian was too used to transforming each night to get truly upset, but it never did cease to annoy him. In the Winter when days are short, the grey power chao ended up practically hibernating.
First the claws -- then the fur, the teeth, and so on. Normally rather small for a power chao, Adrian was soon massive, standing at least twice as tall as an average neutral run chao. His powerful arms were large but not so big as to limit his dexterity, the beast's eyes were yellow and angry.
The animal had taken over Adrian, and he had very little control at this point. The beast within mirrored the rest of nature in many ways, and as such, the were-chao was terribly agitated. Letting out a roar that seemed almost a whimper, the lycanthrope rushed off on all fours into the night.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

The loud echo of Adrian's roar sounded like no more than a flit of a mosquito's wings to Kinto and Zack who now stood on the outskirts of the Normal Garden, evaluating the movements of their targets. Nevertheless, it caused a slight break in Kinto Q's attention, narrowing his eyes and listening closely to the night around them, but he heard nothing more and dismissed it.

"Here we separate," he instructed his protégé in hushed tones. "I intend to strike from the West. You circle to the East... you should find cover among the rocks overlooking the waterfall. When the chao come running to find shelter and safety, conjure your dark flames over the water. We'll round up the survivors, however many there are. From there, you know the drill."

A single firm pat on the shoulder was all the more Zack got before Kinto Q whisked off into the foliage to the West.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack nodded slowly at first, trying his best to take in the rather quick orders. As Kinto Q disappeared from his sight, he looked to the East and spotted the rocks he spoke of. Zack could not help but notice the beauty of the garden. In a way, it was a shame to be destroying his old home, but his anger quickly swept such nostalgic musings aside. These chao would pay for their bullying; they would pay in blood. He deftly made his way over to the rocks overlooking the waterfall and ducked down. From here, he had excellent view of the garden without exposing himself. He began to wait impatiently.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

The television was tuned to the local news station broadcasting out of Station Square. Beside it were a couple of neutral fly chao and a power chao, who were sharing a meal of Square Fruit while they watched with interest. "Whoever murdered that innocent dark chao must be a nefarious character...!" the power chao said to the two others, who nodded in agreement. Kinto Q chuckled to himself at the sight-- they knew not how close he was.

He pulled one of the incendiary grenades from his belt, depressing the small lever on the side and yanking the pin. With a crooked smirk, he rolled it, not unlike a bowling ball, to come to a perfect stop right beneath the table at which the chao were eating.

"Kaboom," he commented.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zack grinned at the sight of the unfolding chaos. He recognized Tyler among the three victims, a chao who had nearly drowned him when Zack would not let him play with his toy car. From his perch he watched many chao run in no apparent direction, and a couple of others rush to the site of the explosion in apparent concern for their kin. Zack assessed the situation, figuring that Kinto Q could deal with those two and he could work with the rest. Those running wildly about slowly decided that the pool would be the safest place after watching the fiery explosion; just as his master had thought. He grimaced, thinking to wait a few more moments before acting.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"Curious, little chao?" Kinto Q murmured to himself as he watched the two draw near to where the first explosion had occurred to investigate. Splattered remains of the three chao were coating the grass, which had ignited with the grenade.

"Quick, get some water!" the one chao said to the other. The second nodded, grabbing a bucket and making a run for the waterfalls.

Kinto Q calmly removed a second and third grenade from his belt. "Watch as more of your friends burn." He pulled the pins and lobbed them into the coconut grove.

--

"Goodbye!" Melody said as she waved, "Have a good rest of your visit! It was so nice meeting all of you!" The smallish purple chao whom she'd met earlier that day in the city waved back as did her parents and siblings, shutting the door to the condo. As it turned out, Orchid had come to the city to reunite with her family after a long time apart, and she'd gotten turned around in all the hubbub. Melody had helped her find the address for her family and coincidentally got to meet the entire charming family, who promptly invited her for a dinner in their home once it let slip that she'd helped Orchid in a time of need. Melody couldn't hardly refuse.

Now however, the night had grown late and Melody was quite tired from her day out. She had aways to travel and it was dark, but she wasn't afraid.