<Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Re: < \ Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q / >

Post by Zphal »

eboyblue3 wrote:((Accepted by Quartz, via PM. Just for confirmation.))

A gray, yellow, and blue streak weaved in between the bustling sidewalks of Chao City. The streak stopped briefly, showing it to be a Chao. His name was Char, although barely anyone knew that. As Char moved on, he saw a suspicious-looking café.
Huh, what's this? he thought confusingly as he eyed the huge broken window, taped down with the standard "police line: do not cross" tape found at a crime scene.

As he skidded to a halt, something caught his eye.
"The heck's a Kinto Q?" he asked, shrugging off the idea of a note. This was none of his business.

Char continued moving at a slower pace, fitting in with the others treading the sidewalks.
"Psst!" a voice sounded from an alleyway joining the sidewalk. "Hey, you," Severus spoke in a whisper, attempting to get the wingless grey hero chao's attention. He waved him over. "Yeah, you. You look like a chao that could use a thing or two," A lecherous grin formed on his features, exposing slightly stained teeth, "If you get what I'm driving at."
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Char skidded to a stop, right in front of the alley.
"Who are you?" he asked, trying to clarify if Serverus was actually on the good side. He certainly didn't look like that.
"And what 'things' do I need to use?"

((Sorry for the short post.))
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

eboyblue3 wrote:Char skidded to a stop, right in front of the alley.
"Who are you?" he asked, trying to clarify if Serverus was actually on the good side. He certainly didn't look like that.
"And what 'things' do I need to use?"

((Sorry for the short post.))
The monotone black chao quickly threw his arm over Char's shoulders; his proximity was such that the Hero chao could smell the pervasive odor of tobacco lingering on Severus' person. "I'm your best friend, man. I've got everything you'll ever need. Why don't you come down to my shop and take a look for yourself? I promise you won't be disappointed." If possible, his grin grew wider, stretching the skin around his mouth.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Char stared at Serverus awkwardly.
"You know, judging by the smell of the tobacco, and the fact that you're hiding in an alley, I don't think you gained my trust." he said matter-of-factly.
"Besides, you don't know a thing about me."
He faintly glowed a dark blue.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

eboyblue3 wrote:Char stared at Serverus awkwardly.
"You know, judging by the smell of the tobacco, and the fact that you're hiding in an alley, I don't think you gained my trust." he said matter-of-factly.
"Besides, you don't know a thing about me."
He faintly glowed a dark blue.
"It's my business not to know, pal," Severus shrugged, still smiling as he lit up a fresh cig. "You tell me what you want, and I get it for you and I don't ask questions. It's how my clientele know they can trust me." He took a couple of puffs as he winked at the other chao.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

quartzlcc wrote:Chasm continued to thoroughly enjoy herself as the two chao bobbed up and over smooth waves of the southern ocean. Between the hot sun and the cool water, the temperature was just about right.
I really should've brought sunglasses though. She thought with a smile.

She grinned at Rascal's sentiment. "Oh, sometimes." Chasm replied. "I've never been very adventurous, myself. It's a big world." She paused for a moment, thinking, her emotiball forming a question mark. "How about you, Rascal? Have you ever wanted to explore the world?"
Rascal gave a small nod. "I wanna know what's out there... who's out there," he mused. "For all we know, there could be whole new chao species, with completely different capabilities than ours." He realized his speech had sped up without him noticing-- due, no doubt to his excitement in explaining. He glanced at Chasm who was still holding onto him. "Sometimes I come out here and I don't wanna go back to Shimmering Island. I wanna just swim and swim and swim until I make it there, wherever there is..."
Last edited by Zphal on Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

quartzlcc wrote:The shiny blue chao then walked briskly to his desk, grabbing his bag. It contained a few potions, scrolls, and a kris knife. He left his room and began to quickly walk towards where Kinto Q would be awaiting him.
The light tip-tapping footsteps of his right-hand chao echoed down the hall. "Ah, Zack, there you are," Kinto greeted, glad the other had not kept him waiting long. "Let us make haste; I'm afraid I lost track of time trifling with my lovelies..." he smiled, a clear show that while he was in a rush, he was not upset. "Dusk is in half an hour, and I wish to make a stop at the Black Market before then for some items that may prove useful during the upcoming..." he wet his lips before chosing a word, "skirmish."
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

"Well, I guess I can trust you, but I'm keeping a close eye on you." Char stated, noting the atmosphere of Serverus.
The mismatched eyes, the weird head shape, all down to the fact that he smokes cigarettes in an alley.
"I'm Char." he said awkwardly, still a bit unsettled.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

eboyblue3 wrote:"Well, I guess I can trust you, but I'm keeping a close eye on you." Char stated, noting the atmosphere of Serverus.
The mismatched eyes, the weird head shape, all down to the fact that he smokes cigarettes in an alley.
"I'm Char." he said awkwardly, still a bit unsettled.
"Fantastic!" the black monotone chao struck a few hard claps upon Char's back, "I knew you'd see me in the right light eventually, Charlie, ol' buddy, ol' pal. Here, have a smoke, it'll ease your nerves like you never ever had 'em." He extended his pack of cigarettes in offering.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Char stepped back.
"I don't smoke. And if you're trying to force me, you'll meet the H-double-O." he said, threatening to use his ability of water to defend himself.
"And FYI: it's Char, not Charlie. I'm named for my color."
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

eboyblue3 wrote:Char stepped back.
"I don't smoke. And if you're trying to force me, you'll meet the H-double-O." he said, threatening to use his ability of water to defend himself.
"And FYI: it's Char, not Charlie. I'm named for my color."
"Don't smoke, huh? Well, it was just a friendly offer," Severus flipped the lid back over his pack and put them away with a shrug, seeming rather unconcerned about the Hero chao's threats (threats were common in this kind of business). "I'm sure I've got somethin' that'll turn your crank, Charlie," he said with a smile, giving a little flick to the headspike attached the top of Char's head. "Come on, let's have a look," Severus flipped his 'hair' over a shoulder as he turned to show Char deeper into the alley where his store was located out of sight.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Char followed, keeping careful footing. There was no telling what could be lurking in between the buildings, and he was not in the mood to battle.

"So, this shop that you have; what do you even sell?"
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

eboyblue3 wrote:Char followed, keeping careful footing. There was no telling what could be lurking in between the buildings, and he was not in the mood to battle.

"So, this shop that you have; what do you even sell?"
Severus grinned as he inhaled deeply through the filter and let the smoke out through his jagged teeth. They stopped in front of an iron door built into the brick wall. "Everything they don't sell out there, pal," he inclined his head to indicate 'outside the alley'. "Cigarettes, cigars, hookahs, bongs, all kinds of flavors of weed-- that's just the smoke shop. I've also got all kinds of liquor, of course, from beer to eighty-proof whiskey, depending on how 'tough' you are," he poked Char in the chest. "We do tattooing, piercing, body modification-- interested yet?" he asked, though the question was clearly rhetorical as he knocked on the door in a particular pattern so one of his associates on the other side would let him in.

The speak-easy opened and a pair of turquoise-and-white eyes peeked through. "Password?"

Severus smirked. "'New Customer'."

There was the sound of a heavy bolt mechanism being lifted and the door slowly creaked open for both chao on the outside.
eblu
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by eblu »

Char quickly zipped off, leaving Severus with the words "You'll meet the cops shortly.". His speed was unmatched by most, although some had passed him in speed.

He blurred through the sidewalks, trying to find the cops—somebody—to consult with for the illegal acts he saw in front of him.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Severus chuckled. "Goody-two-shoes, huh? These Hero chao nowadays, I tell you," he shook his head; the dark chao beside him chuckled as well. Severus finished his smoke, dropping it to the ground and twisting it out with his non-existent foot. "Always think they're going to be the first to stamp out 'law-breakers' when they don't even realize how corrupt their own law-enforcers are." He glanced at his associate. "You know the drill." The dark chao gave a nod and disappeared back inside.

Severus waited cooly outside his store. In all likelihood the chao police were too busy looking for Kinto Q to be bothered by a paltry matter of 'illegal sales' anyway. He had to hand it to the guy, he had a knack for chaos. Not that Severus approved of him killing off potential customers, but sales had gone up after the incident at the diner-- attracting stressed-out or nervous chao looking for an 'escape' only his wares could provide.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

Zphal wrote:Rascal gave a small nod. "I wanna know what's out there... who's out there," he mused. "For all we know, there could be whole new chao species, with completely different capabilities than ours." He realized his speech had sped up without him noticing-- due, no doubt to his excitement in explaining. He glanced at Chasm who was still holding onto him. "Sometimes I come out here and I don't wanna go back to Shimmering Island. I wanna just swim and swim and swim until I make it there, wherever there is..."
Chasm smiled at Rascal's musings. "Maybe ... Maybe some time we could try to check it out." She gave a small laugh, realizing how incredibly silly she must sound. While she never considered herself an adventurer, wrapped around Rascal like this, all alone together in the vast ocean, she could get used to it. Sure, the ocean was frightening, but what did she have to fear with him around? She blushed slightly, hoping he didn't notice.
Zphal wrote:The light tip-tapping footsteps of his right-hand chao echoed down the hall. "Ah, Zack, there you are," Kinto greeted, glad the other had not kept him waiting long. "Let us make haste; I'm afraid I lost track of time trifling with my lovelies..." he smiled, a clear show that while he was in a rush, he was not upset. "Dusk is in half an hour, and I wish to make a stop at the Black Market before then for some items that may prove useful during the upcoming..." he wet his lips before chosing a word, "skirmish."
Zack grinned at Kinto Q's mention of the planned chaos. "A quick stop at the Black Market sounds excellent. I'm running a bit low on poison..." He mused. Kinto Q turned and motioned for him to follow, and together the two exited Kinto Q's lair and headed for the city. Zack threw his brown robes around himself and pulled the hood over his head. The two would need to remain incognito as best they could considering the Chao Police were on high alert. Zack found himself wishing he had taken the time to learn an invisibility spell.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Rascal blinked, surprised. "Really?" he asked, "You'd want to come with me? It might be a long journey..." Who knew how far it was to the nearest land mass, whether it be another island or a continent of some sort. Of course it was part of that mystery that made it so appealing. It wasn't that he disliked Shimmering Island, or its inhabitants, but the light blue chao had always preferred to be on his own. Despite that, having Chasm along didn't sound unpleasant at all.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Thankfully, there were many routes to the alleyway which housed the Black Market-- its ring leaders had made quite sure of that... as many entrances and exits as possible. Most of them were underground, utilizing the subway system built beneath the city. It was typically crowded with chao of all colors and abilities, and that made it easy to blend in and not be noticed. Kinto and Zack paid special attention to keeping their heads down and their backs to the security cameras nonetheless.

It was only a minute's wait before the train pulled up, opening its doors to the many passengers interested in getting on. The two chao shoved on with the rest, but were left standing when all the seats were taken. The doors swooshed shut and the operator recited destinations over the loudspeaker as the train set into motion. Kinto Q hummed, raking his eyes across the many chao in the car with them. He leaned in towards his accomplice. "Difficult to resist the urge to cause a little havoc here and now, isn't it?"
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Zphal wrote:Rascal blinked, surprised. "Really?" he asked, "You'd want to come with me? It might be a long journey..." Who knew how far it was to the nearest land mass, whether it be another island or a continent of some sort. Of course it was part of that mystery that made it so appealing. It wasn't that he disliked Shimmering Island, or its inhabitants, but the light blue chao had always preferred to be on his own. Despite that, having Chasm along didn't sound unpleasant at all.
Chasm gave a cheery laugh. "Yeah! Why not? Besides I'm great at flying. It could come in handy." She said with a little wink. Looking again to observe their surroundings, she noted how low the sun was. While the sun itself was obviously blinding, its current position made the surface of the ocean impossibly even more beautiful. Chasm smiled, taking it all in for what felt like the hundredth time.
"As wonderful as it's been ... We should probably be heading back to the others."
With that, she slid off of Rascal somewhat and came to wading in the ocean alongside him. She knew that riding Rascal could get them back faster, but her second evolution in swimming was shining through a bit, and Chasm found herself longing to swim a bit herself.
Zphal wrote:Thankfully, there were many routes to the alleyway which housed the Black Market-- its ring leaders had made quite sure of that... as many entrances and exits as possible. Most of them were underground, utilizing the subway system built beneath the city. It was typically crowded with chao of all colors and abilities, and that made it easy to blend in and not be noticed. Kinto and Zack paid special attention to keeping their heads down and their backs to the security cameras nonetheless.

It was only a minute's wait before the train pulled up, opening its doors to the many passengers interested in getting on. The two chao shoved on with the rest, but were left standing when all the seats were taken. The doors swooshed shut and the operator recited destinations over the loudspeaker as the train set into motion. Kinto Q hummed, raking his eyes across the many chao in the car with them. He leaned in towards his accomplice. "Difficult to resist the urge to cause a little havoc here and now, isn't it?"
Zack grinned visibly at Kinto Q's statement. "Yeah." He said simply, trying to hide his enthusiasm. He exhaled softly, "I can see it now. Breaking news ... Train wreck in the subway..." Zack knew that Kinto Q was typically very collected, calculating; but he was also somewhat acquainted with the swim chao's darker, more chaotic side. It was frightening, to be sure, but the potential danger of seeing that side of him made it all the more exhilarating somehow. Zack knew he was in for a treat tonight.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Rascal bit his lip, not responding for a moment as he floated in the current. "Yeah, you're probably right; they'll start to worry about us," he said, forcing a smile. He turned toward the island and began paddling back at a relaxed pace so Chasm could keep up without straining herself. It was nice of her to offer to come along, but ultimately he doubted her convictions were as strong as his own. Should he leave Shimmering Island, would he ever return? Perhaps in some ways he liked the idea of being lost adrift at sea... Rascal kept these forlorn thoughts to himself.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"It is, perhaps, an idea for another time," Kinto Q smirked wickedly, teasing his chin with a clawed hand. The city had seen its share of disaster for now. He would allow the urban inhabitants to go back to their false sense of security before another attack was necessary. Until then, the outskirts were their target, and Kinto Q was not losing sight of that goal...

The subway came to a halt beneath Coconut Street. This stop would work. He and Zack disembarked and made their way to the vending machines. It was there, in a dark corner, where a secret passage led the rest of the way to the Black Market alleyways.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

"I got it!" Dash announced as he leapt up into the air. The volleyball went sailing just out of reach of his combined fists and he let out a "Whoa!!" right before face-planting into the sand, a squiggle forming over his head.

There was significant giggling on the other side of the net.

Dash spent a moment spitting sand out of his mouth before laughing along with them. "You two make a really a good team," he commented as he fetched the ball from where it had rolled off-court. He hadn't won a single game yet, but his spirit hadn't suffered. "Serve!" he said before bopping it over the net at the orange and lime green chao.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Chasm began swimming alongside Rascal. He was obviously going quite a bit slower for her sake, but that was fine by her. It was, in a way, unfortunate that they needed to be heading back, so she preferred to be taking her time. Between his pace and his sudden silence, Chasm got to feeling that he did not even want to head back at all.
How strange. Chasm thought. While she too enjoyed the calm of nature, she couldn't possibly understand what seemed to be a genuine longing for extended solitude.
Does he not like us? Was all she could think.

The thought worried her the whole way to shore.
Last edited by quartzlcc on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Kinto Q entered the somewhat cramped passageway first as Zack made sure they were not being watched. Soon he followed, and noted his surroundings. Indeed, it seemed like they were inside a sewer. While walking through such a place was not exactly the most comfortable experience, he had to admit that putting a black market in such a place was probably the only way it could stay unmolested by police for such a time. Zack found himself wondering exactly how long this black market had been around.
Finally they arrived at what seemed like a dead end. An iron, padlocked door loomed before them. Kinto Q tapped at it softly, and in a few moments a speakeasy opened. It was too dark in the tunnel and too backlit from the other side of the door to make out what exactly was behind the speakeasy, but a voice murmured quietly, "Password?"
Last edited by quartzlcc on Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Spike was quick to get to the ball, and so he set it for Peaches, making sure to say as such.
"Set!" He yelled.
Peaches saw the ball coming her way, jumping into the air as high as her stumpy hero power body allowed her to before spiking the ball sharply over the net towards the ground in front of Dash.
"Spike!" She announced. Peaches seemed very pleased with herself.
"What?" Spike said. And in a short moment, "...Oh. You meant..."
Unfortunately for them, in that moment of distraction, Dash had managed to recover the volleyball and sent it sailing over the net at Spike's side. Soon the ball hit the ground uncontested and Dash earned a point.
"Dang it, Spike! That's not what I meant!" Peaches said, but she was laughing.
Even Spike, embarassed as he was, couldn't help but smile.