<Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Re: <Chao RP - The Wrath of Kinto Q>

Post by Ciao »

Alexa hung off a tree branch upside down like a bat as she listened.
---
Much earlier that day, the young brown Chao had been walking through town, on her way back to the garden. She was long overdue for a visit.
Unfortunately for her, walking for most of the morning and afternoon without anything to eat had left her hungry. So when she saw a vendor with his cart full of juicy oranges, her mouth naturally began to water. The rumbling in her stomach became much more noticeable.

He won't notice if just one is missing. A mischievous smile crept across her face.

Alex made it all of two feet before the fruit vendor noticed the fruit she had tucked under her arm.

The burly Chao hotfooted towards Alex, his weight nearly shaking the ground. Alexa turned around, stuck her tongue out at him, and made a mad dash for the forest.
She ran all of the way with a grin on her face. This kind of adrenalin gave her a rush like nothing else.

Once she felt she had lost him, she had climbed up a tree and ate the "fruit" her labor. A bit tired, she had decided to take a quick nap before heading back on her way.

She had woken up a few hours later to find herself with one foot dangling off the tree. She stretched and yawned, slowly looking around to recall where she was.
Before she had even thought to get moving again, she heard faint voices off in the distance. At first, she listened cautiously, to make sure the vendor hadn't actually called the authorities.
"..........Alive?....................safe. ..............................completely destroyed."

Intrigued, the rascally Chao had immediately set out to eavesdrop. Anything about something getting destroyed must be good.
She had moved along the trees until she could see the source; a small group of Chao, nervously huddled together.
---
Alexa hung off a tree branch upside down like a bat as she listened.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Rascal’s head tipped to the side, watching the two embrace as they conversed. It had been a long time since he’d considered the Normal Garden his home, since his own solitary nature had driven him to live further abroad. Thus the blow of the words had less effect on him. “Destroyed? In… in what way?” he asked, still not sure what had been the cause of the smoke reaching into the sky earlier.

Dash stared at the floor of the waiting room, feeling awful. He’d been in such a hurry to get to the source of the flames that he hadn’t slowed down enough to think that those leaving the scene were the cause. He wanted to kick himself.

Melody started for the exit, causing Dash’s eyes to finally lift. “Melody, where are you going?” he asked.

She paused in the doorframe. “If this Kinto Q and his forces are as big a threat as you two say he is, we’re going to need all the help we can get.” Her black-ringed eyes intensified with her next words, “Don't go after him yourselves.”

[[ Dorian’s chaoball suddenly split into two, both bobbing over his head. “There, are you content now?” he folded his arms. J/K ]]

Cue seemed to find this jest highly amusing as well, throwing back his head to belly-laugh as he slammed the bottom of his flagon against the tabletop several times. Dorian went completely silent like the other chao at the table, a surly and mildly disgusted expression on his features. The other two had been getting increasingly intoxicated, and he thought perhaps he ought to retire from their company for the evening before he became further laughingstock. He stood, pushing out his chair as he did so. “I tire of these festivities; I’ll be going to my quarters,” he announced.

“Ahhh, don’t go yet!” Cue insisted. “Sit back down, down another ale!” he lifted his glass aloft, nearly toppling backward in his chair, but he managed to sit forward again in time.

“I was drinking grape juice,” Dorian bristled, muttering under his breath.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Check out my pecs!

Post by quartzlcc »

Peaches bit her lip. "I'm not exactly sure, I got there after … After whatever." She shuddered. "Much of the … foliage was ablaze, and there was what looked like marks from explosions upon the ground in places. I saw …" The orange chao trailed off, looking more disturbed than ever. The images haunting her, she swallowed. "I saw pieces of … bodies, people we knew … It had to have been a massacre."

Chasm had been holding her hand over her mouth as she listened closely, fearfully to her friend's every word. It was not often that Chasm was left speechless.

--

Spike seemed clueless to the effect his words had upon the run chao, and eyed Melody with no small amount of indignation. Suppressing the urge to inform her that Dash and he had in fact dispatched of a magically summoned guardian with little to no trouble, he instead cleared his throat and asked, "What sort of help are you thinking of?"

--

Kaylessa giggled incessantly at Cue's blunder and subsequent save. The amethyst chao seemed clueless as to the fact that she had offended Dorian.

Jack eyed the fools before him. The dark chao thought that he could continue to fruitlessly attempt to socialize with them, or he could simply retire early as Dorian had. He sighed and looked down to his glass, revolving it around in his hand slightly, watching the dark liquid softly dance about in his glass. Suddenly lifting it up to his mouth and downing the rest of the merlot, Jack stood up. "Goodnight," he said simply and walked off to his own room.
Wrath of Kinto Q - Chao Roleplay! - Click here!
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Melody’s head bowed, the long purple spikes on her head fluttering. “Quartz. He’s the most powerful chao I know.” She looked back up, “But I will recruit him alone. Dash?”

“Huh?” the red chao was brought out of his deep musings with a shake of his head.

“You should alert the remote gardens and towns of Shimmering Island. Tell them to stay safe in their homes until this evil is dispatched. We can’t risk the lives of any more innocent chao if we have to.”

“I— I’ll do my best,” Dash nodded. Despite his earlier screw-up, he understood why Melody was putting faith in him to do this. His speed would be imperative for the task.

Cue snorted at the departure of half their crew. “WIMPS!” he thundered at their backs, turning back to take a mighty swig of the remainder of his ale that had not been spilt upon the table sometime during his merriment. His solid yellow eyes honed in on Kaylessa. “Hmmm… what say you to an arm wrestle?” He thunked his elbow down on the wood, hand up in challenge.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Spike bit his lip. It had been some time since he had seen Quartz. While he bore the hero chao no adverse feelings, he did not relish the thought of inevitably competing with him in some manner again; partly because, he honestly knew that Quartz was much stronger than he.

The lime green chao was brought out of his musings when a sudden thought came to him. His mouth gaped for a moment before he managed to conduct himself, "I'll try to find Peaches, Chasm, and Rascal then. I just realized, they'll be wondering where we are by now."

Such was his sudden worry that he did not wait for an answer; he simply turned on the spot and ran off. This kind of anxiousness was foreign to him, and Spike wondered for a moment why he was quite so worked up.

--

Kaylessa chuckled before eyeing Cue's large arm with a mixture of suspicion and admiration. "Time to find out if that's all just bulk or if there's something behind that, huh?" She placed her elbow heavily upon the table, gripping Cue's palm, accepting his challenge.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Dash took off in a blur similar to Spike. Frowning for just a moment, Melody turned away from the hospital and lifted off into the air. Hovering a thousand feet above the town, she quickly oriented herself in the direction of the Hero Garden. Of course she knew she could count on Quartz to take up arms against the forces of evil, whatever or whoever they may be, but this hardly made for a pleasant housecall.

“Hmm…” both sides of Cue’s lips turned up as his contest of brawn was accepted, “I already know there’s more to you than meets the eye.” His hand gripped hers in equal measure. “But it won’t help you win tonight!” At the end of the statement he flexed his entire arm, prompting the arm wrestle.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Quartz sat meditating in the still calm stillness of the Hero Garden. It was peaceful here, and that is why he had come; to clear his mind. In his experience, he had come to learn more about the nature of himself. He longed for excitement, adventure, even combat. As fulfilling as such things were to him, they were also risky. In his adrenaline, in his chaotic life, Quartz had done many wrong deeds. His obsession with competition and combat led him to be jealous and violent, and he had lost Melody's admiration in the process.

He knew that break up was a wake-up call to him; it caused the power chao to slow down and truly analyze his life and the path he was going down, saving him from falling into the clutches of evil. Still, part of him -- a bigger part of him than he cared to admit -- was bitter about the whole situation. If only he had realized, if only he had paid more attention to Melody's emotions, if only someone had stopped him sooner, if only, if only.

Quartz shook his head, staring at the ground. The tranquility he had come for had been nice for a time, but it was beginning to make him lonely. He could not, however, think of anything to do. His stubborn, adventure-yearning nature made him rather dissatisfied with the relatively small size of Shimmering Island; he had already explored most of it.

--

"Oh!" Kaylessa gasped, taken by surprise at the white chao's immense strength. She managed to recollect herself in time to respond to the burly chao's force. It did not, however, take long for the amethyst chao to discover that she was fighting an uphill battle. Cue was surely superior in strength, but his obnoxious, slightly intoxicated grin taunted her into continuing.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Rascal swallowed the hard lump that had developed in his throat. “Th-then we probably ought to get out of here, d-don’t… don’t you think?” he said to Chasm and Peaches. They’d been told to meet with Spike and Dash here, but there was the strong possibility neither chao would be coming any time soon, let alone this hour. They couldn’t wait around forever, and now more than anything he wanted to return to his small beach dwelling.

It couldn’t have been any earlier than midnight when the hero fly chao touched down on the soft grass of the Hero Garden. This place… with its marbled pillars and intricate fountains… had always seemed like something found in a dream to her. Despite the halo floating over her own head, this place felt pure to her, more pure than herself, and something to aspire to.

It wasn’t long before one of the angelic Chaos chao came out of the temple to greet her. She was dressed in a long white cloak and held a lantern with a small candle inside to light her way. “Hello,” the Chaos chao greeted with a small tip of her head, “what can I do for you this night?”

Melody bowed her head in courteous response. “I’m looking for someone,” she spoke. “His name is Quartz. Is he still here?”

“Ahh…” the Chaos chao nodded knowingly. “Yes, he is here. He is within the temple, in the southwest chamber.”

“Thank you. I will go to him,” Melody said. She gasped when the Chaos chao caught her quickly by the arm.

“This Quartz. His mind is troubled by the past,” the hooded chao whispered. “He has not said as much, but I can see it in his eyes.” She reached out to caress the hero fly’s cheek. “You… I think… belong to his past.”

“I don’t seek him because of a troubled past. I seek him because of a troubled future, one that must be stopped,” Melody answered.

The seer nodded, not in agreement, but in something else.

Melody took the silence as a goodbye, turning to enter the temple.

“Bahahaha!” Cue let forth a laugh of enjoyment. “That’s it! C’mon!” he encouraged his rival. He allowed his arm to slacken slightly so she could make headway and draw the contest out, all the while matching her gaze.

Dorian gave a final snort as he closed the door to his quarters behind himself. “Impudent fools, the lot of them…” he mumbled as he took stance in front of the long oval mirror to begin removing his adornments and placing them in the jewelry box on his bed stand. Still, Dorian recognized the three of them were more capable than a lot of the rabble that made up Kinto Q’s forces, and thus made good allies, even if they acted the fools now and again.

He admired his good looks a moment, tipping his chin upward and striking another pose with a handsome smirk. Of course what he saw in the mirror and what the other three saw was rather different; his smirk turned down into a glower. They saw him as weak, ineffectual. But what could they know about the things he had seen… the things he had been through? His eyes drifted over the picture frame covered by a velvet tapestry, then turned away.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Peaches looked towards the light blue chao, barely suppressing a glare. "No, we should wait at least a little longer, I think."
Chasm shook her head once again in disbelief. "The Normal Garden … destroyed. I can't…" She trailed off, apparently lost for words.

--

Quartz sat leaning back against a pillar, nibbling absent-mindedly at a coconut. He looked to the sky; it was very late, and he supposed he would sleep soon. Here, time seemed rather relative. It did not matter all that much when he rested or not.

--

Kaylessa, always cocky and self-assured, believed she truly was making head-way. Her biceps began to ache terribly regardless; her stamina was nearing its end. "Ohhh!" She cried out finally, the back of her hand falling to the table, defeated at last.

--

[some miiiild bunnying]

Dorian turned away from his mirror, jumping in surprise at the dark figure sitting silhouetted in the corner of his personal quarters. He quickly recollected himself.

Jack momentarily smirked, "Impudent fools, eh?" He turned his head to the tapestry.
"Well, I suppose we are the brains of the operation. After Kinto Q, of course…" He glanced back towards the orange chao.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Melody hurried down the corridor that led to the central-most atrium. The temple boasted many rooms, both enclosed and open-air, for chao to seek either solitude or company for their meditations, but all of them were off-shoots of the central-most area. In it stood a large statue of Chaos, Guardian of the Chao, made of polished marble, his arms stretched open in welcome and warmth. Candles were lit at the circular base of the statue to illuminate it, and even during the night hours there were quite a few chao bowed in prayer to their ancient protector.

Melody navigated past them quietly so as not to disturb, moving down the hall that led to the southwest chamber the Chaos chao had spoke of. Almost as soon as she entered she saw him, leaned back against a pillar and eating a coconut, facing away from her. “Quartz?” she offered.

As soon as Kaylessa’s hand struck the table, Cue stood up on his chair in victory. “I told you you couldn’t best me!” he exclaimed. His own ale drained and having no patience to wait for another, he jumped down and grabbed the nearest acolyte’s mug, tipping it back too far and spilling the frothy drink down his front as he tried to drink too quickly. “That was mine!” the dark power chao he’d stolen from stood in protest, grabbing Cue roughly by the harness he wore around his body.

Cue drew the mug away from his mouth to beltch. “Not anymore.”

The dark power chao gave a yell and punched Cue in the face, sending the mug skittering to the cobblestone floor.

Dorian huffed lightly, annoyed by the appearance of the dark run chao— who knew when he’d crept his way in here. “Of course,” he answered, picking up a nearby painting and placing it in front of the tapestry-covered one; he then turned to smooth out his bedsheets, doing his best to make it look like he was simply reorganizing the room. “However, mental agility does not nullify a need for basic courtesy.” He stared right at the other chao with the delivery of his point. “But I assume you’re here for some reason?” Dorian followed.
Ciao
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: When life gives you lemons, ask for oranges.

Post by Ciao »

Alexa's mischievous attitude had already fluttered away once she heard that "everyone was dead." The conversation had gone from potentially interesting to possibly devastating in a matter of seconds. In that moment, she felt she had an idea of who exactly had perished, but she did not want to admit it to herself.

Her fears were confirmed when he heard the chubby orange Chao mutter that the Netural Garden was destroyed.

Alexa's once concerned eyes turned to a blank, distant stare. Her thoughts were suddenly no longer clear or calm.
Her mother. The chao who she had come to see. Taking a break from all of her traveling just to visit her again. She couldn't just be dead. She couldn't. Not now. She was smart. Surely she had escaped. Fled from whatever disaster could destroy an entire garden.
Alexa's breathing became rapid as she tried to reassure herself. No other thought, not even what could have taken down an entire garden, crossed her mind.
She's okay, she has to be... she has to be... was all she could think.

The Chao pulled herself back on top of the tree branch and huddled into a ball. Unable to convince herself of anything, Alexa quietly whimpered with uncertainty.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

The power chao made a small jump at the sound of his name being called out in an old friend's voice. Without finishing turning, he muttered, "Melody?" And his suspicions were confirmed. Before him was the most beautiful chao he had ever known. She seemed to brighten the very room around her, even amidst the Hero Garden. Her purple "hair" flowed perfectly, her skin was the purest of whites -- but Quartz was quickly brought out of his admiring when he met the fly chao's eyes. There was something underlying inside of them he had not seen for some time; fear, uncertainty.

His own orbs changed from shock to concern. "Is… Everything all right?"

--

Kaylessa seemed less surprised than she perhaps should have been at the sight of the fight. Instead, she grew quickly furious and yelled out, "You dare attack one of the disciples?" Her phoenix parts glowed bright orange in her wrath.

--

Jack shifted slightly in his seat. "You seem rather … Comfortable." The purple-hued chao nodded more to himself than to the shiny orange chao before him, looking about the room, apparently at ease despite the odd intrusion he had committed. "Are you looking forward to the next step of our master's operation?"

--

"Chasm," The chubby orange chao offered. The black chao looked up, small tears lining her eyes. Peaches' arms were spread open, offering; and Chasm walked a few feet forward and fell into her dear friend's embrace. The power chao pat Chasm's head lightly, and, looking to the light blue chao, spoke softly, "I am glad you two are OK."
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

Rascal didn’t say anything to that. He’d never felt any particularly deep feelings for Peaches, nor really any of the Normal Garden inhabitants. In fact, his choice to leave and live out on the beach for the rest of his days hadn’t hardly been noticed, as far as he could tell. No one had really said goodbye, but nor had he stopped to say goodbye to anyone before leaving. He’d just kind of packed up and, well, left.

Honestly, he was now slowly beginning to feel as though he were being mixed up in something he never should have been. It had mere chance Dash, Spike, Peaches and Chasm had chosen to visit the beach that morning, and he’d just happened across them in his daily wanderings. He wasn’t part of their group; he was an outsider. He heaved a heavy sigh but kept it to himself.

As he turned to get a little distance between the mourning Peaches and Chasm, but still stay within the boundary of the clearing they were waiting in, he heard a soft but unmistakable sound of another chao. A question mark grew over his chao ball as he scanned the treetops, trying to discern exactly which tree it was coming from. But it was too dark to see much of anything. “H-hello?” he queried timidly, though whoever it was sounded very upset and unlikely to be a threat toward him. “Are… are you alright?”

--

The strike might’ve actually hurt a little, had Cue not been so overly inebriated. However, in his drunken state, most of his nerves were dulled past sensation. With a snaggletoothed grin he grabbed his opponent’s shoulders and swiftly head-butted him in his face. The power chao was thrown staggering back, eyes pinwheeling in their sockets as a spiral formed over his chao ball. A couple seconds was all the more he could manage to stay standing before collapsing to the floor.

“Anyone else?” Cue challenged, turning a circle in the middle of where many more disciples had gathered. They mumbled or averted their eyes. “Thought as much,” he grinned, bending unsteadily to pick up the mug from the floor. “Now outta my way… gotta get more to drink.” And he thudded heavily toward the keg at the back of the room.

--

“Tch,” a small noise escaped from Dorian’s teeth at the question. “You’re known for your power of observation,” he countered as he made a point of scanning the spines of the books on his shelf, “Do I appear to be looking forward to it?” He selected a book of poems by Edgar Allan Poe and moved to sit down himself.

--

Kinto Q had left the main chamber shortly after arriving and announcing the good news. He wasn’t in much mood to celebrate himself, publicly nor privately. But it did well to keep those who followed him in good spirits, that he knew, and the appearance that he himself was not in a similarly good mood would not foster the kind of mettle he needed his disciples to have.

Instead he took himself directly to one of the rooms that off-shoot from his shrine, calling upon his slave most gifted in the art of massage, so that she could soothe his body from his unexpected battle with the werechao. He murmured lowly as the hero swim chao rubbed circles into his back, using her paddle-like hands to kneed and twist his pudding-like flesh in very agreeable ways. “You seem weary, my master,” she noticed.

“The attack proved more grueling than I had anticipated…” he breathed out, eyes closed.

“But you were victorious nonetheless?” Her hands coaxed their way down his spine.

The swim chao arched his back in appreciation and put on a grin. “Of course. None stand in the way of the Legendary Kinto Q.”

“Of course,” she smiled. The hero chao lifted her hands away. “Flip over, master?” Kinto Q hummed his agreement and lifted up with his arms. He hissed slightly at the pain still twinging in his rotator cuff. “You are hurt?” she asked, alarmed.

Kinto Q grimaced, clutching his shoulder. “It is a small injury.”

“Sit up. Let me see,” the hero chao urged, and grudgingly, he allowed her to examine him. He didn’t want to admit that he had actually suffered any damage during the attack— after all, if that stupid beast hadn’t shown up, he would have returned entirely unscathed. Again her fingers prodded his skin, around the injury, searching. “You’ve just pulled it out of place,” she explained, “It’s easy to fix.” The hero chao took hold of his arm, angled it very specifically and with a swift yank, set it back in place with a pop!

Kinto Q tested his shoulder, rolling it in circles. The pain was greatly diminished now, only a residual dullness left that would likely go away with a night’s rest. A genuine smile graced his lips. “Yet again I am shown how lucky I am to have found you, Candy,” he purred, stroking her cheek.

Candy. Ugh, that nickname made her sick. But she didn’t show it. Candice smiled shyly back with a small bow. “It is not your luck, master, but mine. Would you like to lie back now?”

Kinto Q mumbled something and reclined back onto the massage table. “Proceed,” he gave her permission, shutting his eyes. Candice poured out some massage oil and began on the male swim chao’s chest.

--

“No, I’m afraid it’s not…” Melody spoke quietly, almost as though if she spoke too loud it would upset the sanctity of this place. Her head tipped downward. “Quartz… the Normal Garden was destroyed today. Many chao’s lives were lost.” She grew her gaze up then, looking the power chao right in the eyes, “It was the doing of a chao named Kinto Q. The same as who attacked in the city the other day. And I don’t think he intends to stop his rampant destruction.”
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Kaylessa gave a quick, harsh laugh at Cue's lack of challengers as her orange glow diminished. She turned back around in her chair and resumed drinking, idly rubbing her bicep.

--

Jack chuckled softly. "Truthfully, no." He absent-mindedly eyed the door. "The rest of our … friends … and myself are growing impatient. Seems like you're the only one who is comfortable sitting idly by while the revolution begins."

--

Quartz did not look surprised, like so many others were upon hearing this news, but rather, disgusted. "I … I see." He sighed. So this was to be the end of his escape? He had retired himself to the Hero Garden in hopes of the peace and tranquility easing his troubled and violent soul, and now he was being called back due to necessity. Quartz had thought, in his more hopeful moods, that perhaps peace and justice could exist without force. Finally, looking back to meet Melody eyes, he spoke, "There is no apparent peaceful solution, so you've come to me for help." He gave a small smile despite himself.

--

Spike broke away from the urban environment back into the forest. As he ran, he could see flashing sirens keeping up with him on the road to his left. They were, no doubt, headed to the same location as himself. He shook his head, feeling somewhere between annoyed by their incompetence and saddened that, truthfully, no one could have really saved that garden.
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

The short-lived skirmish seemed to be forgotten faster than it had taken place. Half a mug of ale later and Cue was leading several other drunken acolytes in less-than-on-key song. "Went to a party! We danced all night! We drank 16 beers and we started up a fight! HEY!” The pearly-skinned chao guffawed and reeled on his feet. “Le’s sing it a’gin!” he slurred, slapping the chao that had decided to take a seat by him on the back roughly. Hearty agreement broke out around him. Cue took a large gulp and began again with a loud “OHHH!” until the others joined in chorus, “Went to a party! We danced all night…!”

--

The shiny orange chao’s eyes didn’t so much as draw up from the page he was currently engrossed in. “‘It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom,’” Dorian read, slowly, like he was savoring every word of the text; either that or he was purposely ignoring the question of his uninvited guest. He delicately threaded the ribbon bound into the spine in the center crease to save his place, though he didn’t close the book. “Perhaps I simply do not see the hurry,” he suggested to the run chao. “There’s much to be done if this ‘revolution’ is to take hold, that is certain. But should it be we at the forefront?”

--

Melody’s hair spikes almost seemed to flatten as she turned to face away from the power chao. “I’m sorry…” she spoke with sincerity, “I didn’t know where else to go…” She inhaled a deep breath, attempting to steady her quivering heart. Perhaps she’d been too hasty in seeking out Quartz. Some part of her realized now, in the face of adversity and uncertainty, even fear, Quartz’ presence was an anchor for her. He made her strong and brave.

“Peace may still be an option. He took hostages… perhaps we can negotiate to see their safe return,” she offered, though only doubt nagged inside her as she said it.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

The amethyst chao watched the crowd with amusement. Many other disciples had gone to bed already, and the few that remained were the real party-goers. Kaylessa was beginning to feel the effects of her fairly heavy-handed drinking; she had imbibed more than she had initially intended. It was with some effort that she convinced herself not to continue in her downward spiral now that she was already fairly tipsy. As slow as her logic processing was, she told herself that, with Kinto Q's plans beginning to truly take shape, they could be at the front line of the revolution any day now, and she needed to be in top shape. The thought excited her; it had been too long since she had caused general mayhem. She needn't remind Cue of this, for his constitution was quite something. Kaylessa wondered if the fortuitous chao even experienced hang overs, and failed to suppress a giggle.

--

"Well," The purple-tinged chao responded, smirking, "I'm no expert in the area, but I reckon you'd be saved from that 'sense of insupportable loneliness' if you spent a little quality time with others." He bowed his head. "Patience is indeed important though, I will be the first to agree with you on that matter. Regardless, I take pride in my work. Nothing worse than idle hands." Jack secretly wondered what exactly Dorian's work was. He didn't seem to have any apparent abilities or skills, besides having an uncanny ability to effortlessly come off as a pompous tool. It's tempting to ask… But I must be patient in such things.

--

If there was anything that could make Quartz self-conscious without delay, it was seeing Melody be apologetic towards him. "No, no…" He said, attempting and failing to sound casual. "It's fine. Hostages, you said?" The hero chao grit his teeth. "Possibly. We'll need to be careful. Regardless, I'll do my best to help."
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

The din from the main chamber where the celebration was going on managed to penetrate into the recessed alcoves of his lair. Kinto Q let out an irritated groan, scrunching his eyelids tightly together as if it would block out the far-off noise.

Candice lifted her hands up from her task worriedly. “Master? Do I displease?”

Kinto Q waved a hand dismissively. “It’s not you, Candy,” he grunted. “It’s that damnable noise!” he shouted at the wall it could be heard through. Kinto Q huffed. He got the feeling he would only manage to escape it was if he retreated deeper into the bowels of his lair, to his private quarters. He sat up, grousing, tieing the towel around his midsection. “You’re dismissed,” he said with shortness, and he stalked from the room.

Candice curtsied and went about gathering her assorted balms and lotions. She packed them away in her carrying case; now that she was alone, she could direct her focus to her thoughts, instead of single-mindedly attending to her master. How had he gotten injured? Surely that meant some chao had retaliated or fought back during the encounter. When she’d been captured, there had been no one capable of standing up to him. All who resisted had been obliterated.

She shut the lid of her case, the latch making a resounding click. That someone, whoever they were, wherever they were, gave her hope.

Candice took her case by the handle and moved for her servant’s quarters.

--

Cue seemed to be struggling to see straight. His vision was blurred and swimming, as evidenced by the zig-zagged way he walked down the aisle, bumping into a table here, a chair there. Though his mark was right in front of him, he couldn’t quite seem to make very good progress toward her.

“K’lessa!” he called out, “‘Lessa! Hey! You want… you wanna…?” Whatever he’d been going to say, it didn’t finish making its way out of his mouth before his right foot caught on the leg of a stool and he went tipping face-first into the floor. The collision rendered him quite unconscious.

--

Dorian snapped his book shut. Little did the chao sitting across from him know that he’d out-lived many beloved compatriots and confidants, until the overwhelming misery of their demise slowly tarnished even the idea of growing close to anyone again. Though this thought ran through his head, the only display of his fury was indicated by a twitch in his lower eyelid, and he repudiated Jack’s advice with immediacy. “An idle mind, I’d argue, is worse.” He leaned forward in his chair to place his elbows on his knees, giving the other chao his full attention. “But then praytell, what would you propose we be doing, if not waiting for the master’s bidding? What perilous task should we undertake to allow you to slake your abundant pride?”

--

There was once a time where she would have thrown her arms around him at such a vow to help. Instead she merely whispered a “Thank you.”, halo bobbing over her head. Melody wrung her hands. “The only thing I don’t know is where we can find him. Thus far he’s only targetted remote areas or under the cover of darkness.”
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Kaylessa, previously beginning to dose off while still sitting at the table, stirred back into consciousness at the slurred calling of her name. Before she could respond, the fly chao watched Cue fall to the floor and fall to sleep. Chuckling stupidly, she got up with a little more grace than the shiny white chao and walked over to him. Bending over, she lifted the brutish chao and placed his arm around her shoulders such that she could, with great effort, support his weight as she slowly walked off. "Looks like you're done for the night." Kaylessa grinned, not knowing whether or not he could hear her. "I think I remember where your room is…"

--

Jack sat up in his seat now, appearing more engaged than he had been since he entered the room. "Well, Dorian, that's where you come in. I know well enough that you have a sharp mind… I was wondering what you thought would further Master Kinto Q's cause." He reclined slightly again, but remained alert. "I'd be happy raiding and pillaging a bit, or maybe assassinating some key targets amongst, say, the cityscape of Station Square…" The purple-tinged chao's eyes seemed to flash dangerously at just the thought. "But, beyond that…" He trailed off quite intentionally.

--

"Then we'll get going immediately and discuss it while we are on the move." Quartz said shortly, seeming to regather his confidence and assertiveness. He motioned towards the exit, and the two began to make their way. "He sounds dangerous to me." He said, thoughtfully, "Do we know what his motivations are?"
Sonic's choa
Egg
Egg
Motto: Shadow: don't touch it! ITS NO USE! Sonic: SHUT UP

Post by Sonic's choa »

Name: choas
Alignment:natural
Personality: daring and brave
Looks: choas, sapphire jewel choa (he also has a scarf)
Powers: Turing super (7 choas Emeralds) and use choas control
Back story: born a orphan in the streets of town square the ghost of his father told him everything he is...

I hope it's not to late to join:)
:chaocry:
the name of this Radom guy who nobody gives a care in the world about XD
Sonic's choa
Egg
Egg

Post by Sonic's choa »

I guess I'll start out then...
Sonic's choa
Egg
Egg

Post by Sonic's choa »

Choas woke up in the middle of the jungle sorounded by fruits "where am I?'" He thought he then proceeded to find a nearby person to help him find his way back home in the echidna ruins

3 hours later

He had managed to find a place to stay but no help yet, as he fixed up his "temporary home" he remembered that his fathers spirit told him to never trust humans, only choas can be fully trusted, thus making his plan 2ce as hard because of the island size he found on from a ripped map he saw on the way there and knowing that very few choas are native to this island, he was going to have a loooooooooooong week... :chaocry:
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

“You wish to expedite the ‘master’s cause’?” Dorian stood with a snort. “Fine. I’ll tell you how to accomplish it.” He swivelled, facing away from his stealthy compatriot as he spoke. “His right hand. That… Zack. It was he whom Kinto Q placed the task of finding prime assassination targets. Chao who, while not dangerous alone, could pose a threat to the master’s rule should they band together.” Dorian paused momentarily for effect, giving the other a chance to follow his line of superior reasoning. “Someone as swift as yourself could find his way into Zack’s chambers and locate this list. I am very certain that any chao able to take down those on the list would find his favor.” He turned at long last to look Jack in the eyes.

--

Melody shook her head as she lifted off the ground in flight. “His motivations seem… erratic,” she began to narrate the events as best she knew them. “His first attack specifically targetted a single chao living in the city. Other casualties were minor, but there was a lot of property damage. His second attack tonight targetted an entire garden. Many casualties, and some chao taken hostage. There was a mention that those he took with him were going to be… enslaved…” Her words grew soft; the very knowledge that such vile things could be taking place somewhere on the island that was their home… it made her feel lost and powerless, yet at the same time determined to set things right. She angled herself in the direction of Mystic Jungle Road. “This is the path Dash said he saw them heading down,” she explained. Unfortunately, said road had many off-shoots and twists and turns.
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Chasm grew increasingly agitated as a rustling sound grew louder and closer at an alarming rate. The fly chao looked to Rascal and then Peaches to verify that she was not alone in hearing it, and quickly realized that whatever it was would be upon them in moments.

--

The ever-passive purple-tinged chao looked genuinely interested for the first time in a long time.
"Yes." Jack said, "Yes, that sounds excellent." He stood up before pausing, "It won't be tonight. Zack stalked away from the party pretty early." He looked directly to Dorian for a moment before walking towards the door, "I will leave you now."

--

Quartz struggled to keep up with Melody's flight. Flight was his worst trait, and he noticed that she quickly remembered this and slowed down. As the two flew towards Mystical Jungle Road, the power chao listened patiently to her tale, but soon found that he couldn't help himself. "Dash?" He tried and failed to hide a slightly condescending tone. "How's that guy involved in this?"
Zphal
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Zphal »

The new sound drew Rascal’s attention away from where it had formerly been on the treetops. He took a couple of less-than-dexterous steps backward, bumbling into Chasm.

--

“And not a moment too soon…” Dorian muttered under his breath as the door clicked shut behind the other chao. He rubbed his temple a moment longer before turning toward his bathroom, having every intention of taking a nice soothing bath before bed.

--

As the Amethyst chao hauled him out of the main chambers and toward their chambers, a strand of drool began to weep from Cue’s slacking jaw. It slowly enlongated as its mass welled and gravity tugged on it, until at last it dripped down onto Kaylessa’s shoulder.

--

Melody faltered, her halo becoming a question mark. She was unsure why, of all the things she’d just divulged, this was what Quartz would question. “I bumped into Dash and Spike at the hospital,” she explained, feeling a big put-off but obliging him nonetheless. “They weren’t at the Normal Garden when the attack began, but they ran to aid as soon as they found out. Without them, I wouldn’t’ve even known it happened until morning.”
quartzlcc
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by quartzlcc »

Chasm stumbled and fell over, unintentionally taking the cyan chao down with her. At that moment, the source of the noise became clear as the lime green Spike came crashing through the foliage into the clearing. He stopped, his eyes darting about and heart pounding. "Ahh," he sighed, apparently allowing himself to relax, as if he had not done so in hours. "It's good to see you're all alive and well, seriously." Spike paused, and Peaches seemed to want to interrupt him. "I see you two are getting on well." He said, motioning towards the tangled mess of Chasm and Rascal on the ground.

"Ohh … Spike!" Peaches ran to embrace him, which startled the run chao, but he allowed himself to enjoy it. "It's good to see you, too. But where's Dash?"

Chasm attempted to unentangle herself from the swim chao, whispering apologies under her breath.

"Dash is off notifying other chao in the city of the danger." Spike said with a grimace. "Truthfully, I should be doing the same now."

--

Continuing walking, Kaylessa chuckled and used her free hand to wipe the saliva back to its source, Cue's face.

--

Quartz sighed. "That's all well and good, but they…" He trailed off, knowing what he was thinking would sound harsh. He continued regardless, "They're not strong enough to be meddling in such things. I don't want them to get hurt." The power chao met Melody's eyes, "You aren't continuing to involve them, are you?"