Chao Survival RP: Dragon Slayer

A forum created specifically for Chao Role-Plays due to high demand by our community.
Chao Points and post counting are disabled in this forum.
Warning! This topic is 9 years and 10 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Motto: I just wanna play video games.

Chao Survival RP: Dragon Slayer

Post by CitrusCat »

DISCLAIMER: The Dragons in this RP are NOT, I repeat, NOT the small, cuddly little baby Dragons from the Magic Scales of Ice RP series. The Dragons in this Survival RP are just like your typical Dragon: Huge, vicious, man-eating (Chao-eating?). This RP takes place in a fantasy environment, in a SEPARATE UNIVERSE from the other Chao RPs. Good luck.

Plot:

A village, located in a valley.

For years, this village, known as Sunnyleaf, has been quite peaceful. Many Chao have made their homes here. However, during more recent times, Dragons have moved to caves in the mountains nearby. These Dragons feed on one thing: Chao. After attacking the village multiple times, burning houses, destroying crops, and killing innocent villagers, a group of Chao is willing to train themselves for the challenge ahead. They must slay the Dragons. All seven of them: The Fire Dragon, the Water Dragon, the Plant Dragon, the Earth Dragon, the Air Dragon, the Thunder Dragon, and the Shadow Dragon. But it won't be easy. First, however, you must choose your weapon:

An iron sword, a bow and arrow, or a magical staff. Whichever weapon you choose, you must train yourself thoroughly.

Rules:

No Godmodding!
No bunnying!
Please censor any cursing.
I control the Dragons, because if you guys do instead, you're likely gonna avoid killing your own character and making it too easy to win.
This is a survival RP, don't complain if your character dies. :c
Due to the above, as well as the alternate universe thing, do NOT use any character you've used in a past RP. ONLY NEW CHARACTERS!
Please actively post.
Have fun!

Special features:

- If a Dragon Egg is found, it can be stolen and the baby can be tamed and used for battle. The baby Dragon can be killed by the enemy Dragons, too, though. Its name and gender is up to the discoverer, and its type depends on the cave it was found in. (Found in the Shadow Dragon's cave, it's a baby Shadow Dragon.) Please give a complete description of the Dragon when it hatches. The discoverer will also control the baby Dragon as their own character, unless they don't want to, in which case I will control it instead. (I don't expect that to be the case, though. Who wouldn't want to play as a Dragon? ^_^)
- Other mythical creatures, such as the Phoenix, can be found and tamed as well. Once again, they can be named and controlled by the tamer, and can be killed by the enemy Dragons.
- You can steal gems and coins found in the Dragon caves. If you escape you can use them as currency to buy potions and weapons.
- If your character dies, you can create a new character, but you must start from scratch regarding your weapons until you find the items your character dropped upon death.

Your enemies:
Spoiler:
The Fire Dragon

This Dragon is big and red, with flaming breath. It is bulky but slow. Its wings and horns are unsafe as they are hot to the touch. Its bright orange eyes are very intimidating, as are its teeth. Its cave is filled with pools of hot lava. Attacking its eyes is effective.

The Water Dragon

A large, blue Dragon with aqua-colored eyes and webbed feet. It has fins on its body, as well as gills. Its wings have adapted to improve its swimming ability. It can fire powerful blasts of water at you to halt your progress. It lives in a giant pool of water located in the cave. Rumor has it there is a lot of treasure located at the bottom. Attacking its tailfin is effective.

The Plant Dragon

This Dragon is sleek and green, with eyes of an even darker shade of green. There is poison ivy wrapped around its wings and tail, and one touch will make you immensely itchy. There are plants all over the inside of the cave, such as flytraps that can grab your feet, and bushes covered in thorns. There are also vines along the walls you can climb on. Attacking its feet is effective.

The Earth Dragon

This slow but powerful Dragon is a dusty brown color. It can fly, like the other Dragons, although it is a bit clumsy during flight. Its tail is bulky and hard as rock, so beware. It has sharp, jagged teeth and deep red eyes. It has jagged horns much like rocks. It can burrow into the sandpit located in the middle of its lair. Rumor has it that it buries its treasure there. Attacking the gem on its forehead is effective.

The Air Dragon

A cyan Dragon with dark blue eyes, this Dragon has large and powerful wings. One flap of them will send you flying right out of the cave if you aren't careful. Its breath is equally strong, and it will often fly around in the surprisingly spacious cave. Attacking its wings is effective.

The Thunder Dragon

This Dragon is very dangerous. It is bright yellow, with equally golden eyes. It has electricity surging through its horns, wings, and tail. It can shoot lightning bolts out of its mouth, and will often fly out of its cave to generate storm clouds. Attacking its underside is effective.

The Shadow Dragon

This bulky Dragon is said to be the leader of them all. It is pitch black, with dull gray eyes. It is said that it can suck out your soul. It has poisonous fangs, and it can and will attack with dark energy. It is said it hoards the more treasure than any of the other Dragons. Attacking its horns is effective.
Character Sheet:

Name:
Type/Alignment:
Color/Tone:
Animal Parts (If Any):
Hats/Badges (If Any):
Personality:
Biography (Optional):
Weapon of Choice:
Other Details (If Any):

I will not have a Chao character. I will instead control NPCs and the enemy Dragons.

BLACKLIST:

No one! :3
Last edited by CitrusCat on Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
What is my life anymore?
Steam Account: Tangerine (custom URL is "asrielfan")
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Re: Chao Survival RP: Dragon Slayer

Post by Snowy »

( You know, if you wanted to copy minecraft you could've went ahead. )

Name: Dashie
Type/Alignment: Custom N/R/F
Color/Tone: Sky Blue Mono-Tone
Accessories: Tiger paws, tiger ears.
Personality: your common tomboy, who likes adventure and laughs at the face of danger. She would normally be trainning and fighting since she wants to join the local defense team one day. She can still be loyal to those who care about her and her home town.
Biography: Dashie lost her parents to the dragons and is determined to find the dragons and kill 'em. It is also said that she had a brother who died fighting the dragons. But that's because he never came back.
Weapon of Choice: Bow and Arrows
Other Details: It's based on RD, so what?
Last edited by Snowy on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
ZeroAlpha
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: ⍟ Prince Dignity ⍟

Post by ZeroAlpha »

Nicely written~ I didn't intend to join multiple roleplays at once, but I like the way this one looks.

Name: Felix
Age (Chao Years): 16
Type/Alignment: Neutral/Run/Run
Color/Tone: Two-tone Black
Animal Parts (If Any): None
Hats/Badges (If Any): A makeshift gray archer-sort of hat that he fashioned himself.
Personality: At first glance, he may seem very serious or intimidating, perhaps overly so. But as time goes on and Felix is exposed to others in a similar situation as he, his rough demeanor can eventually become surprisingly soft and caring. He's somewhat territorial and quick to launch attack on a threat as result of an attack he had survived many moons ago that ended with his close kin killed in the crossfire. He tends to dislike being idle for too long, which gives him somewhat of an air of impatience.
Biography (Optional): Felix was one of many chao living in the village at the time of the series of severe assaults from the dragons. Long beforehand, he and his younger sister Noelle had left the safety of their parents' home to live by themselves, unaware of how dangerous it could be. During one of the attacks, the two chao's home was ravaged by a dragon and many of their personal memoirs were destroyed in the chaos. Felix himself was almost among the fallen victims of the attacks, but was spared his life when his sister sacrificed herself to the beasts to save him, and was presumably killed in the process since she hasn't been seen since. Ever since then and into the present, Felix has gained a hard exterior toward both the aggressive dragons, and himself inwardly for not having been able to save his only remaining kin from dying in his place.
Weapon of Choice: Bow and quiver of arrows (strapped onto his back), sword with a very flimsy pommel and blade.
Other Details (If Any): He won't talk about his past much unless he gets close enough to someone else. He will, however, do just about any favor asked of him when given a triangle fruit; his favorite food.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

(I wasn't trying to copy Minecraft, Snowy... In fact, doesn't Minecraft only have one Dragon boss: The Ender Dragon? Also, I'm glad this RP appeals to you, ZeroAlpha! Both of you are accepted~)
What is my life anymore?
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: Love your enemy, even if they're jerks.

Post by Tri »

Holy shiz this is complex.

I love it! I'll have my sheet up tomorrow!
This is a REALLY old avatar, so thanks to SonicRainboom!

I finally got a deviantart! Only one drawing now, but check it out!
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

(Lol! I'm glad you like it! I can't wait to see your character sheet. ^_^)
What is my life anymore?
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Tri »

Before I edit this, can the Hats/Badges section include accesories too?

Name: Kodoku
Type/Alignment: Dark/Swim
Color/Tone: Grey Two-Tone
Hats/Badges: A red scarf covers his mouth and 'neck.'
Personality: Though his name says otherwise, Kodoku actually likes company. As long as it doesn't slow him down that is. He never slows down his pace, which is a bit quicker than the average chao. Kodoku is very philosophical, and thinks about the deep questions a lot more than he should be at his age. When he thinks about those questions though, the answers he finds are often very wise.
Weapon of Choice: No Weapon (Fists)
Other Details: In the dimension of chao we all know, Kodoku used to be best friends with Ronin.
Last edited by Tri on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

Citrus_Chao wrote:(I wasn't trying to copy Minecraft, Snowy... In fact, doesn't Minecraft only have one Dragon boss: The Ender Dragon? Also, I'm glad this RP appeals to you, ZeroAlpha! Both of you are accepted~)
It just looks similar. Sorry if I offended you in anyway.

Plus, I think I'll add a better personality & biography
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Name: Polaris
Type/Alignment: N/F/F
Color/Tone: Monotone sky-blue besides a patch of white of her neck.
Hats/Badges: Well, I don't know if this counts as a hat or a badge, but she has a dark grey hoodie jacket she wears.
Personality: Polaris is is somewhat solitary. She talks, but not much, and usually what she says isn't very pleasant. She sometimes makes up rude poems about people or places, and is particularly stubborn and refuses to listen to anybody. If you tell her not to do something, she will do it, even if she wasn't going to do it in the first place. She hates showing weakness to everybody and always is trying to be brave. But inside, she really just wants someone to care for her. She has a lot of tears waiting to burst.
Biography: Polaris was found abandoned in a parking lot somewhere when she was a newborn, and was cared for by a lady who's name Polaris doesn't know. She was then sent to an orphanage, and in a strange turn of events was wound up in the dragon incident. Everyone in her orphanage perished but her, and she vowed to have vengeance. She then met the group and bada-bing bada-boom, was on her way.
Weapon of Choice: Magical Staff
Other Details: Her mind is somewhat strengthened, and answers sometimes simply come to her.
peace out ci
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

(Ah, I see, Snowy. I accept your apology and I'm perfectly fine with you editing the sheet. Beam is accepted. And Tri, I'm afraid those three are your only options... Unless you tell me your idea and I'll consider adding it as a fourth choice.)
What is my life anymore?
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Yush! :D
peace out ci
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

(Triceratops, why didn't you tell me your weapon idea D:
Anyways you're still accepted, we start now)

It was morning. A Phoenix with bright red feathers was flying up above in the clear, blue sky. The seven Dragons hadn't attacked the village for about 4 days. However, the villagers expected that to quickly change, and they have been preparing themselves.

Recently, a Chao had started his own weapon shop, so that Chao could possibly defend themselves. He only had a few weapon choices in his shop, but it was the best he could get his hands on. He waited for customers.

(You all start with 100 coins, and each weapon only costs about 30 coins. Please only purchase one, however.)
What is my life anymore?
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

( Ok, I'm done. )

Dashie entered the shop. "Hello... um... may I have the bow?"
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

(Nice!)

The shopkeeper nodded. "Of course!" He went to the back of the shop and grabbed a bow, along with a set of arrows. "Here you go! The total cost will be a mere 30 coins," he said with a friendly smile.
What is my life anymore?
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

( ^ v ^)
Dashie nodded. "Thank you, sir. With this bow, the dragons will fall..." She gave him 30 coins and darted out of the shop with the bow and arrows.
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

Polaris had already been in the shop. She was looking up and down at the weapons of choice. Letting out a thoughtful sigh of sorts, she moved about two paces to the left and bent down, grasping a magical staff on a lower shelf. She looked at it, examined it, and nodded approval. This would do her good. She walked to the shopkeeper and placed it on the counter, muttering a gruff "good morning" too be polite. Then, she quickly added, "How much will this staff cost?"
peace out ci
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

"30 coins," the shopkeeper replied.
What is my life anymore?
The Ice Maiden
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by The Ice Maiden »

"OK, great." Polaris dug into the pockets of her hoodie jacket and pulled them out, placing them on the counter. She then took the staff, gave a little bow, and then went out of the shop. As soon as she was out in the open, she swung her staff around, and a trail of sparkles followed behind the staff's movements. Polaris smiled.
peace out ci
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Tri »

(Surprise for you all! Check my weapon.)

Kodoku was journeying through Sunnyleaf just to visit every place on his map. He stopped at the gates and breathed in. "Smells like...fear?" He walked through town and found the weapon shop. The sign said they sold swords, wands, and bows. "Not my style," he whispered.

CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

The shopkeeper waited patiently for other customers.

The Phoenix that was flying in the air swooped down and landed on the roof of the shop. It glanced at its surroundings.

(The Phoenix may or may not be important to the plot. I'm still deciding.)
What is my life anymore?
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Tri »

He kept walking around town and found no shops that suited his tastes. "Darn, don't they have what a martial artist needs anymore?"

CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

The Phoenix on the rooftop squawked and flew toward the volcano in which the Fire Dragon lived.
What is my life anymore?
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Snowy »

( >Trie chooses fists as weapon.
Such weapon
much power
so badass
wow )

Dashie went to her home and added more arrows to her set. Now having 64+, she went outside and started training.
CitrusCat
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by CitrusCat »

The Phoenix was at the entrance to the Fire Dragon's cave. It peeked inside. Thankfully, the Dragon was asleep. The Phoenix then flew back to town.
What is my life anymore?
Tri
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by Tri »

Kodoku looked in the Phoenix's direction and gasped. "Whoa...hey! Can you talk?!" Kodoku tried to follow it, but it was heading to Fire Dragon's mountain too quickly.