Slightly unexpected find in Chao Breeding

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
A Living Glitch
Child Chao
Child Chao

Slightly unexpected find in Chao Breeding

Post by A Living Glitch »

First some background: I have read through a lot of the info center and I am super impressed by all the contributors, you all did fantastic work I'm sure! It's more in depth than I expected :omochao: but I saw that there are still some things that obscure the personality and breeding categories so I thought :thinking: "Why don't I give it a shot? I have more free time now than I probably ever will after." Having access only to a PS3 version of the popular HD release of the Adventure games and knowing that SA2 has a more advanced chao garden I started in that field.

I attempted a standard 3 try science experiment with a control group of how the egg is hatched by me, the 2 lovebirds, and separate sessions with a difference of character choice. Put it all in an Excel document using my rusty skills.
*the spawnpoints for chao in the garden you enter actually vary among characters
*Eggman specifically has made the newborn chao very consistent in all the properties and it's the main reason I'm posting all this

I will wait for a reply to post the specifics of the test, also I don't know how to upload them :chaocry:
If anyone wants to try testing with my control groups I still have the save file that was used. I don't think the breeding is as random as we made it out to be.
Chao Professor
Motto: It's thinking...

Re: Slightly unexpected find in Chao Breeding

Post by Chao Professor »

This might be better suited in the general chao chat boards. Though I'm interested as to what you mean with Eggman. Do you mean the newborn chao specifically tends to spawn in the same place consistently when playing as Eggman? As far as I know, the set spawnpoints are completely randomized.
Image It's still thinking...
A Living Glitch
Child Chao
Child Chao

More than that, I was in disbelief at how consistent everything was as Eggman :surprise: I recorded the appearance and doctor charts after every test then restarted the game without saving. The 2 breeding chaos (Choc and Happy) spawned in 2 specific ways between each character.

1. As Eggman and Tails they spawn in the grass so close to each other that they breed on their own immediately, and the only difference from this as Shadow is the chao choose not to breed on their own immediately :thinking:
2. As Sonic, Knuckles, and Rouge the chao spawned in same rock and grass apart from each other.

Everytime I test as Eggman, the child hatched as a 2 tone orange that likes round fruit with a wide sharp smile and the grades are E-C-D-D-B in that order (swim-fly-run-power-stamina) unless I did extra things before the egg appears. But their was uncontrollable variety with all other character. Some more so than others. I will admit I could have been more consistent with my own gameplay during certain tests. I paid attention to the body language of the chaos because I don't use all the characters equally. :no: :walkback: :chaohappy:
My theories?The mood of chao influences the genes to be carried over to the child, and it could be tied to a value that sets chances of good genes. I have more to this but it's better to add with access to the excel document and the text notes.
SappyMix
Newborn Chao
Newborn Chao
Motto: Can you feel the sunshine?

Post by SappyMix »

That's veru interesting! Have thou moved it over to the other forum? How many times have you tested this? I'm excited to see your spreadsheets :herosurprise: :surprise: :darksurprise:

In trying to make an S rank chao, I reset without saving A LOT and I only use sonic / shadow (GC) when breeding and leveling up as easiest character models to use with their putdown action speeds being the same if not highly similar compared with others. That being said, they have spawned in many different areas all looping in a somewhat random order, including next to each other and away goon each other, in the grass, in the rocks ot both! Sometimes one was even in the water! And spawn often produce different results, the rarest being the ASASS (what I was breeding for) and the squiggly face (from 3 generations ago) and monotone normalness (wasn't as rare when one parent is already monotone normal).

That's just what I have observed recently when breeding my chao, but then again its character specific and their love for each hedgehog seems to be at max from the petting, animal giving and feeding. :herosway: :darksway: :darkhappy: :chaohappy:
As you have done it in a more control manor I'd love to see your reports!!!
A Living Glitch
Child Chao
Child Chao

SappyMix wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:24 am That's veru interesting! Have thou moved it over to the other forum? How many times have you tested this? I'm excited to see your spreadsheets :herosurprise: :surprise: :darksurprise:

In trying to make an S rank chao, I reset without saving A LOT and I only use sonic / shadow (GC) when breeding and leveling up as easiest character models to use with their putdown action speeds being the same if not highly similar compared with others. That being said, they have spawned in many different areas all looping in a somewhat random order, including next to each other and away goon each other, in the grass, in the rocks ot both! Sometimes one was even in the water! And spawn often produce different results, the rarest being the ASASS (what I was breeding for) and the squiggly face (from 3 generations ago) and monotone normalness (wasn't as rare when one parent is already monotone normal).

That's just what I have observed recently when breeding my chao, but then again its character specific and their love for each hedgehog seems to be at max from the petting, animal giving and feeding. :herosway: :darksway: :darkhappy: :chaohappy:
As you have done it in a more control manor I'd love to see your reports!!!
Sorry about the hiatus, I haven't figured out how to make my tested PS3 save universally available and I exported the save while continuing casual garden life. But here is the spreadsheet I should have shared a while ago. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... ue&sd=true

The conventions in the doc or mostly the same from the genetics section in the wiki that brings up alleles and punnett squares
This will get easy soon since the PS3 as a console is reaching EOL, but write now I can do test with a fresh garden and spawn patterns :wink:
let me know if you are on the DIscord server