If you're being logged out

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 6 years and 1 month old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Tsui
Expert Chao
Expert Chao

If you're being logged out

Post by Tsui »

Time to check: Are you getting logged out if you delete the "sid=" part of a URL on CI? CI seems to have switched to HTTPS (SSL), meaning if you're a weirdo like me and you manually allow cookies, you need to change the "http" to "https" in the URL in your whitelist.

Otherwise, if you just allow cookies in general like a fool, try clearing all your cookies for CI and logging back in, making sure that the URL you're logging in on is HTTPS, and post here to confirm if that works or not, please. Thanks!
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: If you're being logged out

Post by Mooncow »

Thanks Tsui, and well noticed - I should have made an announcement about this!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

if u gettin logged out

then log the **** back in
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

^That's fairly sound advice, but if you're repeatedly being logged out despite having told the site to keep you logged in, that's usually an indicator of a deeper problem.

Anyways, I'd love to only allow cookies from sites that actually need them, but Firefox's whitelist is rather cumbersome, I don't know if it even allows you to whitelist a site only for the current session, and I know of no extension to make this easier. Best I can do is block third party cookies and clean out the junk every day or two, but I'd totally be down with an add-on that does for Cookies what NoScript does for JavaScript and the like, especially if it added a convenient submenu to the context menu that included allow for current session only, always allow session cookies, and allow perpetual cookies for each domain the current page is trying to save cookies for.
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

i was making a joke
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa