Pokemon LeafGreen Help

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 8 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Woahsmea
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Everyone wants a Chaos Chao, whilie I want a Sonic Chao

Pokemon LeafGreen Help

Post by Woahsmea »

I don't really know where to post this so, yeah.
I need some help with my Pokemon LeafGreen rom.
Whenever I save the game and exit the emulator (after it's done saving, obviously), my save file gets corrupted.
I don't know if this will help, but the emulator I use is Visual Boy Advance.
dam I joined like 3 years ago lol
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Pokemon LeafGreen Help

Post by ChillyChao »

Well, are you using savestates or saving the game manually?? Try doing both before turning the emulator off, so if one gets corrupted you'll still have the other.
And really you can't post it anywhere. The Pokémon board is locked.
Last edited by ChillyChao on Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

well you see technically, ever since the other games sub-forum died when mooncow started preparing to revamp the site there is no proper place to put this

Right, so the first question is:

When your file is corrupted, can you still play from where you last saved? If my memory serves the GBA Pokemon games have a feature that lets the game keep a save even if it gets corrupted (but of course, the back-up save could also be corrupted). So it's possible you can still play with a minor problem, but I would assume if you're here then this is not the case.

Second question is, while I don't know what version of VBA you're using, you should be able to go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type.
Check to make sure the save type is set to "Flash 128 KB", which last time I checked, is the proper save type for Pokemon games.

at the end of the day, just use mgba it's a much better and more accurate emulator

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Woahsmea
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Everyone wants a Chaos Chao, whilie I want a Sonic Chao

Post by Woahsmea »

ChillyChao wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:46 am Well, are you using savestates or saving the game manually?? Try doing both before turning the emulator off, so if one gets corrupted you'll still have the other.
And really you can't post it anywhere. The Pokémon board is locked.
Thanks!

EDIT:
chaoadventures wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:30 am well you see technically, ever since the other games sub-forum died when mooncow started preparing to revamp the site there is no proper place to put this

Right, so the first question is:

When your file is corrupted, can you still play from where you last saved? If my memory serves the GBA Pokemon games have a feature that lets the game keep a save even if it gets corrupted (but of course, the back-up save could also be corrupted). So it's possible you can still play with a minor problem, but I would assume if you're here then this is not the case.

Second question is, while I don't know what version of VBA you're using, you should be able to go to Options -> Emulator -> Save Type.
Check to make sure the save type is set to "Flash 128 KB", which last time I checked, is the proper save type for Pokemon games.

at the end of the day, just use mgba it's a much better and more accurate emulator
1. Yep.
2. I think that made it work. Thanks!
Last edited by Mamkute on Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please do not post multiple times in a row. Use the edit feature to add onto your previous post instead.
dam I joined like 3 years ago lol