Waiting for site updates...

Use this area to post if you need something to do with the forum. Stuff regarding forum discussion will also be here.
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 5 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Chao31
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Waiting for site updates...

Post by Chao31 »

I heard of the site getting updated but it's taking a long time, why are they taking long and
I wonder why... and BTW if a part of the update is done, please try to publish them :herosurprise:
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: Waiting for site updates...

Post by ChillyChao »

It's because they need to create new images and code. Give them time. It's not easy managing a site.
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

code is hard man

Also, it's probably better to make a large update, because I assume the plan is to end with changing the layout of the forums, which means anything added would break old features, so it's likely that gradually adding features would just make a giant unusable mess at some point.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Let's not forget about Hofstadter's Law:
It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.

Also, considering that Mooncow is like 30, chances are decent he actually has to work for a living, so even if the site is his top priority or he's delegated most of the work to others, his time to dedicate to coordinating everything that goes into the announced updates is likely limited.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

Much like Half Life 3, the update is not coming. Sorry kids, Mooncow has abandoned us and all that's left are the ruins of Chao Island.

Or he's just taking a long time due to having an actual life outside of the internet that he must attend to (not insulting anyone here, just saying) including a job, relationships, possibly working out, enjoying sports and more. So it'll come in time, but who knows when. Dude's busy and can't keep updating CI like he used to 10 years ago.

Hell, if you ever check the archives of Waybackmachine, there are posts of him from 2003/4 telling people he'll get things up and running once he no longer has exams to do, so who knows maybe he still has exams?
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

I admit, I haven't been the best at keeping everyone updated with the progress. This is for a variety of reasons, to do with mine and other peoples time and personal lives. Work started very fast and productive, maybe even too fast and a lot of us became burned out - things have slowed but work has picked up very well again from my side now.

A few snapshots to show you what we are working on:

Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
TheUnlimitedChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Happy Holidays and Good to be back!

Post by TheUnlimitedChao »

That'll certainly keep my positive.
No need for depressions now. :blink:
Because, it's christmas! :surprise:
Everybody should be happy this month!
Goodbye-m8
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Post by Goodbye-m8 »

Take your time if you need to, I don't want to see you all over working yourselves.
Yukki 2.0
Adult Chao
Adult Chao
Motto: Arrivederci.

Post by Yukki 2.0 »

Major props for staying dedicated to this old and smelly site. The community is nowhere near as active as it was just a few years ago. Man, how time flies... Here's wishing you the best of luck for the update! Hopefully it'll bring back attention to the site.
The Chao Island Resurgence will occur in 2026.