well...this is ANOTHER post about cursing...and flaming :/

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 7 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

well...this is ANOTHER post about cursing...and flaming :/

Post by naruto_chao »

Ok...everyone here and their brother knows I've been away for quite some time. Gereations was the last sonic game I heard of...I've been working with a game maker and spending all my time there. (Yes that was relevent)
ANYWAY, this brings me to my point. I'm not sure what the rule is on cursing as of now, so I'm ASSUMING its still banned, if not I just wasted your time (sorry bout that) if it is, I suggest it be unbanned, yet just frowned upon. Here's why:
I curse sometimes, but not for no reason. Growing up I did it cause it made me feel older (I'm sure some of you can relate) but now I use it to settle my anger or when I'm extremely sad...its just how I learned to deal with it. And I'm POSITIVE that somebody else here (at least one person) is the same.

Now, on the subject of flaming...if you don't have something nice to say, or something to contribute to the post shut up. There is no excuse to break out into a friggin CI WW3. Now that I've made my points I look foreward to feedback. Not a stupid war. Ok?
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Re: well...this is ANOTHER post about cursing...and flaming

Post by retrolinkx »

Did someone say war?

Also, from what I think you're saying from that post is that you want cursing to be unbanned?

Well...no, it's not going to be, this is still a kids site, granted many of us are about 13-18 now, but still, this site is still aimed at little children and Mooncow isn't going to change it, this is the same reason why we don't have a mature section, MC doesn't want to have things like this on a site aimed at kids.

Also if you don't want to get flamed, try to act mature, and don't post like a 7 year old.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
Rajikaru
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao

Post by Rajikaru »

naruto_chao wrote: Now, on the subject of flaming...if you don't have something nice to say, or something to contribute to the post shut up. There is no excuse to break out into a friggin CI WW3. Now that I've made my points I look foreward to feedback. Not a stupid war. Ok?
Can't handle the heat, then get out of the kitchen, as they say.

There's nothing you can say to stop people having differing opinions and trying to explain them, aside from not trying to say "My opinion is better". How they explain their opinion and/or whether it contributes to the topic at hand is their decision, whether they explain it respectfully and with clear points related to said topic or angrily and in a "I"m just venting on this topic in particular and it has no relation to it" manner.
Tumblr | Steam | Twitter | Song of the week: Alice Nine - Tsubasa
supersilvedahedgehog
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by supersilvedahedgehog »

i agree with retrolinkx but one thing: kids can swear and curse and flame i am 11 and i always swear
and curse,there is nothing about cursing, flaming, swearing bad for kids. i just never get it.on topic though,i agree with retrolinkx in everything except what i said.
sry just saying my opinion
Crazo3077
Mystical Chaos Chao
Mystical Chaos Chao
Motto: xP

Post by Crazo3077 »

Yeah good luck with any of this. People haven't acted civil in a long while and they won't start anytime soon.
retrolinkx wrote:ell...no, it's not going to be, this is still a kids site, granted many of us are about 13-18 now, but still, this site is still aimed at little children and Mooncow isn't going to change it, this is the same reason why we don't have a mature section, MC doesn't want to have things like this on a site aimed at kids.
Not to just jump in and correct, but Mooncow's goal isn't to have the site be intended for children. It is intended for people of all ages, as are the Sonic games that are discussed. The problem with keeping something for all ages is that you need to use language appropriate for all ages, or for a general audience. There are still people who are easily offended by your choice of language so avoiding curses is more so a procedure to avoid unneeded flak to the site rather than because the goal is for children specifically. Mooncow has been more lenient with some words than he was before because of the diversity of age on the site. The cuts offs just have to be the same things you can't say on TV.
Last edited by Crazo3077 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avatar Art by chocohugs; Signature by Tsui
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

thank u crazo
im so sick of everyone saying this sites intended for children
i know i've said it in the past but mooncow did clear it up that this site isn't intended for kids
gosh
Flame
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: You sound like lines from a self-help book!

Post by Flame »

Oh, derp. I always assumed this site was aimed at children, mainly because it's a Chao website.

I never thought of it like that. Crazo, you have shown me the light.
naruto_chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by naruto_chao »

Ok. I saw some good points. (This is good)

I know that no matter what anyone says, its not going to change. And I'm not exactly talking about turning this into a swearing minefield, or promoting the dropping of the "F bomb".
As far as I know there are little to no curse words allowed. I'm just saying sometimes stuff slips out, or...I dunno SOMETHING makes you wanna curse. The origional point I was trying to make is that I don't think they should be illegal on the site, but used in EXTREME moderation. (I'm not talking about mods, I mean watch what you say, although a slip of the...(tongue wouldn't work...) slip of the text can happen from time to time.

Back on the subject of flame wars, when I "left" they were everywhere. I'm just trying to get 2 birds with one stone and attempt to stop future ones too...how? I dunno...I'll work on thinking that through...

Edit: I read, and I don't remember who (sorry, trying sleeping pills) don't be sorry about your opinion, its your opinion...and every opinion matters...if growing up as an only child and then having 6 siblings to deal with has taught me anything, that's what.
hey there! I don't have anything to put here for the moment, you can just move along now.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

You can swear.

Just use this thing as much as you want

There you go. Go crazy.
Chaos the Light Chao
Shining Chaos Chao
Shining Chaos Chao

Post by Chaos the Light Chao »

Pretty much what Crash said. (Also it's called an asterisk)

But there's also an auto censor in place now so you can swear and it'll appear as ****.

But please, if you're using that method, press Preview to make sure it actually autocensored it.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

Yeah. If you use ****, it'll look like ****. If you use ing or any suffix, it'll still show ****. Unless you do in'. It's meant to be "ing"
cinnamonstyx
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by cinnamonstyx »

The censor needs to be just a wee bit smarter, but if you're attentive, you'll catch yourself.
And then what Crash said.
And then this:
Me in another topic wrote:i'd hardly say that it's targeted to 9-12 year olds anymore than 13-17 year olds, considering the latter group is the majority of the active users, and the original users also fell into that same grouping. also, the moderator staff has no one under thirteen, and most of them are over eighteen.
twenty something year olds don't make forums for little kids unless it nets them money.
i'd say CI is age neutral, to be frank
eboy's seme