Auto rules screen

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 11 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Auto rules screen

Post by SkyGinge »

I've noticed that quite a few new users come straight on and disregard the rules. Would there be a way to stop a member from posting until they've read the rules? Like say I was a new user, Bob05, and I've just joined. I wouldn't beable to post anywhere until I've read the rules.

Or maybe the rules page should come up right after you first join? That way anyone new is encoraged to read the rules.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
supersilvedahedgehog
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Re: Auto rules screen

Post by supersilvedahedgehog »

but how do you know they actually "read it"?
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

You wouldn't, but it would definately encourage Reading. I bet some people don't even look at the rules when they start, at least we can know they've had a chance this way.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Rhys Coker (SB)
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao

Post by Rhys Coker (SB) »

They don't need an auto rules page. New users need common sense.
Rhys Coker (SB) wrote:Goku then teleports us to the Great Wall of China, where we meet up with Knux, who we learn is dealing with depression and suicidal thoughts as he jumps straight into a tornado.
retrolinkx
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao
Motto: I can't believe I ate the whole thing.

Post by retrolinkx »

I think that for new users, above each topic, there is a small announcement link telling them to "read and follow the rules" with a link telling them, and once they reach a certain level, they can disable it via the UCP.
Picka and Fox's Partner, Retro's Legend.
Fox Boy wrote:fusion+pie=fusion pie!
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

That's a good idea also, Retro. As long as there is a way in which new users can be encouraged to read the rules and obey them then I'm for it.

Funky stuff: