Why we need a secondary chatbox channel.

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao
Motto: \('- '\) live life like it's 2007

Re: Why we need a secondary chatbox channel.

Post by mintdrop »

but that is just literally letting her get away with ****ing on every topic she doesn't like that's discussed. no one said "everyone just ignore loudclaw" or "everyone just ignore rubs" people got banned for doing bad things. ignoring it will just let her get away with thinking she can do horrible things without consequence.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
(00:29:23) Chocolate_Chao: I don't need cute art from a scumbag like you...
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: Life wouldn't be so precious if there never was an end.

Post by Tobi »

What do you want to do, Minty? Mini-mod? That's just as much against the rules. Report it in topics and ignore it, use the ignore function in chat. JmT is often in chat lately, as far as I've seen, so if there really is something that needs to be taken action against, he'd get on with it.

Seriously, there's nothing better you can do. You could tell her off, but that doesn't stop anyone. You could make a new channel and go there, but she could go there as well since no one else would stay alone with her. This is no improvement. Besides, why does it matter what she gets away with if no one can read what she says anyway? And people are usually being more of a jerk to her in topics than she is.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

She's the only one most of us has a problem with. I'm one of the many against her.
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

That's pretty sad actually, because YOU were the person everyone was against before as well. You're not any better than the people who were so much against you back then. You do realize that, right?

Maybe it'd have saved us a lot of trouble if people would complain less about "Not being able to read everything", "Not seeing the fun" and "They are so annoying gawd" and ignore people more often if you can't handle them. To prevent annoyance just takes a few mouse-clicks, but you guys either don't have the will-power to deal with someone, or you don't have the will-power to ignore someone, even though you will see people talk to no-one. I'm afraid you will have to make a choice.

Or you just don't go there at all anymore and make a private chatzy with your friends.

But the channel, no, bad idea.
Quote removed because SOMEONE had to bug like 3 mods at a time over a signature.
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

question for you Tobi.
are you aware of the actions and words Eeveefan has done and posted in these forums and mostly chatbox?
i understand completely users start young most of the time they join this forum. but the things she has said and pulled off are unexcused. sure, we may be acting tough on her. i even talked to Triert about this in the morning, but really. i think its in best intentions Eevee is banned temporarily from the chatbox until she can show improvement on the forums.
everyone is given a second chance. a number of users know this, including me. i was banned once, and i proved improvement to Fusion and was unbanned after two months.
i really also think it's best for Eevee to take time away from live chatting with other users so she can stop being flamed/being in arguments for her safety and development. she isn't going to change over one night just to avoid being banned, and things might even get worse in the chat. she needs time away from the chat as we need time away from her in the chat.
she needs some time to mature more and show us she is as good as she strives to be. the ban should be seen more as a second chance from the community to her and a chance for her to improve.

it feels wrong of me to be saying such things as she is young, but in this communities society, the majority of us expect a certain level of maturity from other users. as sad as it is, we are only human and we can only tolerate so much. i don't think many of us want Eevee to be bullied anymore or having arguments with her, or having to redirect her. it isn't our duty to do so. ultimately, it's the moderators choice here and we should respect it. this is just my two cents on the idea.
and no, i don't agree with another chatroom channel nor do i think we should have to chat somewhere else because of one user. honestly, if Eevee has an issue with a discussion she needs to ignore it and move on in stead of flaming about it. we shouldn't have to go discuss something elsewhere because of her.
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

-disregard-
Last edited by mintdrop on Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
or if u wanna see a backpack full of rats EMAIL A BROTHA @ EMAIL_A_BROTHA@outlook.com
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

100% agree with Twizzly. I'll be leaving this to the mods.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Mana
Master Chao
Master Chao
Motto: unintelligible mumbled/yodeled gibberish

Post by Mana »

I suggested a second channel keeping in mind the possibility that she might not be banned.

Honesty, it's either a second channel or her being chatbanned that's going to make the chatbox more peaceful.

Leaving the chatbox because of her isn't fair, and having to keep reminding yourself to add her to the ignore list whenever cookies break doesn't sound so well since not everyone is going to do this. Then you end up seeing a user argue with her and that just causes another mess of "what did she say" or you end up ignoring the people that give her attention (although will mostly be negative).

It's a mess, and it shouldn't be that way.
When CI sucks come *here*. Skype: indicus.morpheus 3DS: 0216-1357-9970
CasualCollision
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao
Motto: The War Against Roaches is over...

Post by CasualCollision »

EeveFan, regardless of the things that she says that gets on people's nerves, never stops when she's asked to from what I've seen. She almost never apologizes, and always plays the victim even when she is clearly shown to be doing wrong. She cannot take constructive criticism, and thinks totally and entirely of herself. Not to mention that she is completely full of herself. Whenever people do the smart thing and add her to ignore, she badmouths and cusses them out behind their backs (funny since she calls other people immature more than vice-versa).

EeveeFan is the first user this year in which I can truly say that I hate her, actually hate her. At first, I felt bad for her. I knew that despite how childish her tendencies are, that she has feelings. But because of the fact that she refuses to listen to anybody, nor even make an ATTEMPT to listen what other people have to say, I can say with confidence that most of what is being said TO her and ABOUT her is well warranted, regardless of how cold it is. At the very least, I think she should be given a strict verbal warning to make an attempt to co-exist with the other users, and be considerate of other people's thoughts and opinions FOR ONCE.
Dr. Roivas
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: urine speaks louder than words

Post by Dr. Roivas »

the past three text walls have been text walls filled with so much truth
Capitalism Killed My Once Proud Signature
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

am i the only one who likes when someone is horribly irritating on a website?
because it's easy to mess with them it makes things interesting. ci would be way more boring for me if it didn't have users such as eeveefan, catlovermolly and red chao

also to whoever said that loudclaw was chatbanned for godmodding was incorrect, he got chatbanned for asking for nudes from female members (which is way past being annoying)

stuff in here is extremely relevant to the topic
Snowy
Chaos Chao
Chaos Chao
Motto: Never look at your life as something insignificant.

Post by Snowy »

Really? Pfft.

EDIT:
Yeah, but it gets annoying when it results to flaming
SkyGinge
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao

Post by SkyGinge »

also to whoever said that loudclaw was chatbanned for godmodding was incorrect, he got chatbanned for asking for nudes from female members (which is way past being annoying)
That was my fault, I wasn't too sure, so thanks for clearing that up.
PM me if you have any piece of writing that you want reviewed, I'll do my best to help you out!

Funky stuff:
Tobi
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Tobi »

@Twizzly: I do. I'm sorry, but, did I sound like I was defending her? Because I wasn't. I'm just saying that this idea is stupid, and your complaints could easily be solved with two simple clicks.

>EeveeFan
>Ignore/Accept

@Mana: Like I said, no one would choose to go in the same channel with her, so you'd end up having her in the same channel as you anyway, because everyone would go to that channel. It's no solution.

And well, I don't know why your cookies break every chat session or whatever you mean, but it's either that or having to deal with it until the mods deal with it. I'm just suggesting other and better solutions. Because this isn't going to work.

And yeah, if some of you decide to engage with that user anyway, even though you hate that person, then those are being very stupid. Again, you don't have the willpower to keep her on ignore, because you DO want to know what she's saying. Isn't that a pretty stupid thing to do? Admit it.
Triert
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao

Post by Triert »

Tobi, to provide an analogy.

Eeveefan ran into the chatbox and dumped buckets of rotten eggs in it, we can ignore the fact she's there but we can't ignore the fact she left rotten eggs in the chatbox. If any of us left rotten eggs, we would be mad that someone left rotten eggs there and understandably want them removed.

Eeveefan has left piles of rotten eggs in our chatbox, we just want a mod to clean up the source of the problem.
Crash32
Master Chaos Chao
Master Chaos Chao
Motto: <- Probably a reference to The Simpsons
Location: This is Tumblr, right? No pls don't be offended b-baka!!

Post by Crash32 »

example:

user 1: so anyone caught that pokemon on route 14 in x/y??
(ignored by user 1) eeveefan: x and y sucks don't play it
user 2: @eeveefan: no it doesn't now shut up
user 3: seriously we don't care about your opinion
(ignored by user 1) eeveefan: idc user 1 sucks lol
user 1: ??
mintdrop
Skilled Chao
Skilled Chao

Post by mintdrop »

Pretty much Crash. Not everyone is going to stick to that rule, and I don't think she should be allowed to get away with all of these things. Ignoring might solve some issues, but certainly not behavioural issues. She won't improve that way.
ravenyte >> mintdrop
follow my art blog
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

Crash32 wrote:example:

It doesn't sound like me, I'd not be putting LOL.

I actually have a better reason for there to be a second channel, the chat is too confusing for the users who don't like Pokemon/don't have the game. The channels should be "Meetings" "New Pokemon Games" " "Chao" "Other" "Older Pokemon Games" "Ponies" really. Thanks for listening to my talk. :wink:
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

I agree with those suggesting a ban. Eevee, please, PLEASE, take some responsibility.
Chaolin112
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: It's just an ordinary dream.

Post by Chaolin112 »

But for all the time i've been around, which is over a year now, we've never, never needed a new chatbox channel. Now Eevee comes around and we suddenly do? To me it seems clear the problem is with her then. Just sayin'
Sable
Expert Chaos Chao
Expert Chaos Chao

Post by Sable »

i haven't been around in the chatbox much since eevee joined but during the time that i have, it's been a complete cluster****

putting her on ignore doesn't help much because there's always others who don't ignore her and then you see them arguing with her. it's not like a single-case incident, it's a constant thing. someone is literally always arguing with eevee, and she's almost always the one who starts it. she has a problem with like, every single user on this entire site and tries to police what they talk about to the point of absurdity. she's a huge control freak, and a hypocrite at that. she flings insults at people non-stop and flames constantly, but when she's called out by other users or moderators, she tries to play the victim card and usually gets off easy. it's really tiresome, especially when nobody can talk about what they're interested in without starting a huge fight.

i don't think the solution is to make a new channel, but rather, to ban eevee until she shows some maturity.
SilverRabbit
Fearless Chao
Fearless Chao
Motto: We're going to the ark, so I guess that means we- crud

Post by SilverRabbit »

EeveeFan wrote:I actually have a better reason for there to be a second channel, the chat is too confusing for the users who don't like Pokemon/don't have the game. The channels should be "Meetings" "New Pokemon Games" " "Chao" "Other" "Older Pokemon Games" "Ponies" really. Thanks for listening to my talk. :wink:
Weird person who likes cartoons, pink and video-games.
Jack Augustine
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: Thunder Fang! See you never.

Post by Jack Augustine »

SkyGinge wrote:
That was my fault, I wasn't too sure, so thanks for clearing that up.
Look I did that ONCE. A LONG

LONG

LONG

TIME AGO

I was banned for it, then I was allowed back.
Wolf
Veteran Chaos Chao
Veteran Chaos Chao

Post by Wolf »

EeveeFan wrote:
Crash32 wrote:example:

It doesn't sound like me, I'd not be putting LOL.

I actually have a better reason for there to be a second channel, the chat is too confusing for the users who don't like Pokemon/don't have the game. The channels should be "Meetings" "New Pokemon Games" " "Chao" "Other" "Older Pokemon Games" "Ponies" really. Thanks for listening to my talk. :wink:
i think this post of Eeveefan's says enough about her behavior.
she just pretty much said she'd say everything to other users in Crash's example except "lol".
Last edited by Wolf on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Prince Ricard
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: The Sun will rise tomorrow.

Post by Prince Ricard »

*Eeveefan
Lest we forget that eevee_chao is a perfectly fine user.