Will Chao viewer be available on IOS or any mobile device?

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Yuiop
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao
Motto: Farewell

Will Chao viewer be available on IOS or any mobile device?

Post by Yuiop »

I have a computer but it runs on gasoline and is made of rocks so put simply it's trash.
Bye Guys
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: Will Chao viewer be available on IOS or any mobile device?

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

Considering that it appears to be browser based, it should already run on iOS and Android provided you're using a compatible browser.

That said, no idea which browser would be your best option for running this on a mobile device since the only usable mobile device I own is a Raspberry Pi and it's running Raspbian and thus behaves closer to a desktop or laptop.

That said, on my own machine, running Firefox 64, I get a mostly blank page if I have Javascript turned off, and a complaint about my browser not being compatible with webGL if I turn javascript on and refresh.

Granted, by some standards, my own rig would be junk(I'm running a vintage 2011 i7 with unknown clock speed and number of cores, I have only 4GB of Ram, I'm not sure I even have a dedicated video card, and I'm running a 32-bit operating system). Granted, when Firefox is the only graphical application you use, you don't really need alot of power, and 64-bit's biggest advantage unless you're crunching really big integers or highly precise floating point numbers all the time is the ability to address more than 4GB of ram. If I ever got the hang of a text-mode browser, the Raspberry Pi might be all the computer I'd need on a daily basis.
Yuiop
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Yuiop »

I'm using safari
Bye Guys
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Post by Mooncow »

Web version works on mobile, but I will speak to Justin about a standalone mobile app. The original was a mobile app, so it could be a thing.
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Yuiop
Evolved Chao
Evolved Chao

Post by Yuiop »

Ok I think I should probably just use Google anyways instead of Safari because Safari is pretty funky.
Bye Guys