Bugs/Errors with the Chao Viewer

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 4 years and 6 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Latee Hatori
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Huh?! ....

Bugs/Errors with the Chao Viewer

Post by Latee Hatori »

I didn't see another place to put this nor have I seen much of people noting these, so I hope this goes here...

I have double checked these with my phone and tablet.

Current Chao Viewer Bugs:
--Aside from Child, Chaos, and Character Chao; Decorations don't conform to the Chao, staying static between different evolution types and not reacting to sliders. When changing from a Chaos or Character Chao back to a normal Chao the Decorations remain how they were on the Chaos or Character Chao. (Depending on the Chao and item this varies between barely noticeable to clearly not supposed to be happening.)
Image Image

--Belly Decorations cannot be removed.
-If a Chao is wearing a hat and a belly item in the same area is selected, the hat will be removed instead.
-The last two Belly decorations can only be selected when wearing a hat. (They won't go away until another Belly item is selected, so the hat can be removed after selecting.)

These apply to both the current and the previous version for download in the forums:
--Dark/Run Chao have their 'Body' and 'Extra1' colors reversed. (Example Chao in images is Purple Run/Swim.) https://chao-island.com/gallery/chao-types/run/
--Dark/Run Chao do not have the correct pattern on their tails.*
Image Image Image

*Thanks to LimitCrown for confirming the tail (and colors) on the PC SADX when I asked on the CI Discord. (I only have the GC version and what's here to check against.)
Um....This is all I got for now(?), and glitches or no, this is really fun to mess around with, thank you!
Mooncow
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: Cut your path through an uncertain future...

Re: Bugs/Errors with the Chao Viewer

Post by Mooncow »

I saw your post on Twitter, thanks for this!
If anyone else finds and bugs, errors, or even just improvements - please post them in this thread!
Chao Island Twitch Channel for Chao streaming!: https://twitch.tv/ChaoIsland/
I have dragons as my servants and I have almighty powers.
JmTsHaW: (list of CI users, as Sonic Battle characters) Chaos - Mooncow (He barely appears, Chaos also barely appears.)
(00:45:53) xninjy: ur not old mooncow. old is 50 or 45.
Latee Hatori
Child Chao
Child Chao
Motto: Huh?! ....

Re: Bugs/Errors with the Chao Viewer

Post by Latee Hatori »

Somehow I either never came across this before, or entirely forgot--

The alignment of the adult Dark/Normal mouth is a bit off, normally only showing one side of larger mouths in the center while smaller mouths don't display; though the small ones can be shown with Custom Mouth enabled:

Image Image