a minor suggestion

Have you spotted a mistake, error, or just want to improve Chao Island? Post it here!
Warning! This topic is 2 years and 9 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
Just Miles
Egg
Egg
Motto: The worst thing you can do is nothing.

a minor suggestion

Post by Just Miles »

howdy there, i've been browsing around and i asked myself "where's the introductions catagory?"; sure you could argue it could possibly violate the "personal" info rule but i feel like giving users a chance to make an intro can be quite useful for first impressions. :surprise: at least thats just my take on it as i've been on a handful of internet forums and they usually have a forums introduction post, but i can see possible issues arising from it(the aformentioned rule regarding personal information which i feel like needs a bit more clarification on what would be considered "giving too much" if you will). eitherway i hope this gets taken into consideration.
Jeffery Mewtamer
Advanced Chaos Chao
Advanced Chaos Chao
Motto: Sightless Scholar

Re: a minor suggestion

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

There was a dedicated thread for introductions and departures in General Discussion back when the forum had an off-topic category, but that got shutdown years ago despite protests from some users.

Personally, I never really got the point of having a place for posting introductions, especially since that's kind of what a user's profile page is for.
Just Miles
Egg
Egg

Post by Just Miles »

thats fair, i'm just so used to having an introductions thread so i guess i'll have to get used to it. y'know?
Roaxes
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Right now a lot of people probably really wont even see any introduction posts anywho, a lot of the community is currently now centered on the Chao Island discord. Im not against any future introduction forums though personally, though hopefully people don't reveal TOO much about themselves to random people. xD
Heavily suggest joining Chao Islands discord server, most of the community reside there! https://chao-island.com/community/discord/
Chao Studios/Chao Island Tumblr
Steam
Main tumblr blog
Just Miles
Egg
Egg

Post by Just Miles »

yea, i might join the discord if i don't forget but yea i can see why the forums been slow.