About the Chao Garden in Sonic World...

Talk about anything Chao related here!
Warning! This topic is 5 years and 2 months old! Please consider opening a new topic rather that bumping up this very old post.
TheUnlimitedChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Happy Holidays and Good to be back!

About the Chao Garden in Sonic World...

Post by TheUnlimitedChao »

Well, It's huge, It references old Sonic games and multiple Chao naming stations. One thing I have to say is that, well... THE CHAO SYSTEM AND THE GRAPHICS SUCK! :stomp:
No need for depressions now. :blink:
Because, it's christmas! :surprise:
Everybody should be happy this month!
ChillyChao
Proficient Chao
Proficient Chao
Motto: help shawty my son is emo

Re: About the Chao Garden in Sonic World...

Post by ChillyChao »

Ya, the graphics look pretty crappy. I haven't even played it myself, i just watched SapphireChao play it. Once i learn how to code though, i'll make a Sonic fangame with even worse graphics and a worse Chao system! xD
im just saying if the glass was gone in the glass coffin scene hoffman and strahm would have been kissing
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

It's made with Visual Basic (specifically Blitz Basic3D last time I checked) so I wouldn't expect worse graphics (or at least 3D ones) to be possible.

But graphics have never really bothered me unless they're extremely jarring to look at or a downgrade in quality from the exact same developer (see: SA2 to Sonic Heroes).

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
TheUnlimitedChao
Youth Chao
Youth Chao
Motto: Happy Holidays and Good to be back!

Post by TheUnlimitedChao »

I meant the screens like the Black market and the Chao naming station. They look bad.
No need for depressions now. :blink:
Because, it's christmas! :surprise:
Everybody should be happy this month!
chaoadventures
Veteran Chao
Veteran Chao
Motto: "you wanna play with gabario?"

Post by chaoadventures »

Huh. Never really had much of a problem with the menu graphics.

- - -
Rajikaru wrote:You're clinically insane.
Mandymom
Child Chao
Child Chao

Post by Mandymom »

Yeah, it's a watered down version of the one from SA2B with some bells and whistles tacked on. It doesn't even have gradual evolution, making it impossible to tell what your chao's aligment is and what ability type it has. It's just a poor excuse for a chao garden.
AugustChao
Adult Chao
Adult Chao

Post by AugustChao »

For a Fan-Made Chao Garden, I think it was a good start, but does indeed have a few issues, most of which I think are minor, but there are some major glitches I've come acrossed while playing it.

For the minor stuff, I find it weird that most of the color Chao are more similar to Two-Tones than Mono-Tones, and they don't really look like the Two-Tones in the actual Garden (Seriously, I had a Neutral Power White Chao, and it was barely white at all. EDIT: Okay, I guess this claim is kind-of invalidated when you factor in that the Neutral Power Two-Tone White in the actual Garden also mostly contains orange rather than white, that was just a bad example). This isn't a huge problem, I just wish that it contained all of the colors and tones that were seen in the actual Garden and added some new ones instead of changing a select few of them. Another change I find odd are the Drives, as none of them are the same colors they are in SA2. This isn't a huge deal, they still function as they should, it just causes confusion.

For the major stuff... I have a story. About a year and a half ago (September 2017), I played the game upon the release of Release 8, and I started doing stuff in the Chao Garden. I had a full Garden (it maxes at 10 if I remember correctly), and one of my Chao ended up dying. However, after getting another Chao to fill it's place, I noticed that one of my other Chao was missing, and it was replaced by a clone of one of my other Chao. In short, the Sonic World Chao Garden is glitchy and weird.

I don't think it's all bad though, as there are some things I really like about it! I like the big, wide open Garden that takes assets from other games, I like the addition of Luck and Intelligence as apparent stats, and I like the cute hats you can buy.

Overall, I think the Sonic World Chao Garden has it's ups and downs, but it's okay for an attempt. A for effort!
BlueLightning
Egg
Egg

Post by BlueLightning »

I found it pretty entertaining when it first came out. Chao behaviour is incredibly limited, but for a fan project, it's decent. I liked being able to plant anywhere in the garden.
FrankT
Advanced Chao
Advanced Chao
Motto: I gotta get back to the Island!

Post by FrankT »

I mean, it could be worse...
Check my new blog: Tails Chao Love ME!
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Chao Caring Do's & Don'ts ^^
Ah, the sounds of heaven on earth....