Exedra Chao: Combat - A 2D Chao Fighting Game

Talk about anything Chao related here!
XiconDestoroyah
Junior Chao
Junior Chao
Motto: Just a mentally disabled person enjoying his time!

Exedra Chao: Combat - A 2D Chao Fighting Game

Post by XiconDestoroyah »

As a good number of you know, I have posted videos of this game in the creative channel in the Discord server. I have decided to post updates here from now on once the Launch Trailer has been posted on the channel of the Discord server.

Here are the videos so far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj6fdfX8DAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-iLGl6zHnc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm-_xT866Vg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ad5u1I8cgY
There is going to be more in the future with the Launch Trailer added here later today.

Again, this is NOT a community project, so please do not request anything. HOWEVER, there are going to be times where I ask of things involving whether I need to nerf and/or buff Chao in anyway necessary.

I am going to post exclusive content of the game on my Twitter in the future, so consider dropping a follow if you're interested, but please understand that this game isn't all that I do, so it can take a while for things to be updated. The game started in February 2020 and took almost a year to finish Wave 1. If I can get more motivation from people interested in the game and play it, I can get this game's updates done quicker in the future!

Stay tuned for more content!
XiconDestoroyah
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Re: Exedra Chao: Combat - A 2D Chao Fighting Game

XiconDestoroyah
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Roaxes
Administrator
Administrator
Motto: HiYAA! ~ Link

Post by Roaxes »

Looking good so far! Wasn't expecting to see a fighting fan game for the chao garden at all!
I honestly didn't look at it much in the creative channel on the discord until recently and was surprised. Keep it up :D
XiconDestoroyah
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Thx, Roaxes!

-Update!-

In Version 2.0, when Wave 2 is released:
Simesen's Up Special, Financial Upper, will cost 2 stocks instead of 1 to avoid an overpowered combo of a lot of Primary Juggles. The amount should be half in 2.0.
The BLOCK CANCEL! text when used as Flamebo should have the text aligned correctly like the rest of the Chao.

I do have a small thing to do in order to continue with what I have so far. Chao #8, the first Chao of Wave 2, is almost complete! Bare in mind, that even though each wave will have 7 Chao, the amount of stages vary each wave. We can only have up to 50 stages, and Wave 1 almost took half of the slots. I am going to confirm that there are new stages in V2.0 - but how many there are will be kept secret.

Lastly, as long as I'm motivated, I can work on this a lot more AND get this out sooner. I'll a lot of support for this to work.

While I wait for stuff to be done, I may make a combo video in the future.

Stay tuned!
XiconDestoroyah
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Wave 1 Intros, Chaos Drives, and Outros: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha3wNdU-yVA
XiconDestoroyah
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Alright, here's another update:

Involving the blockade, I'm still doing what I can. As for what I said in the Discord, I said there will be 2 videos. One has been posted, but the other may not happen. I'm dealing with quite a lot, and so, it's going to be tough to arrange. However, I am doing some stuff that should be easy to work with as I wait for the opportunity. I really don't want to give out a potential release date of the next trailer, but do stay tuned, nonetheless!
XiconDestoroyah
Junior Chao
Junior Chao

Alright, here's the next update:

The development had to be put on hold because of the blockade. It's very tough to get the things I need and at this time, I can't do anything until the right opportunity comes by. This was to be expected, but I'm hoping that the delay isn't going to be long. Stay tuned.